Facebook -- Coach K

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a bad coach. He's a pretty good coach.

But, with the attrition the position has seen.. seems like a change wouldn't hurt.

Beneficial to both parties, it seems.

Very well said.....At one time he was being heard and I'd say that seemed obvious. But from a personal note. In my profession, we used to fire and brimstone and holler at people pretty regularly. People just don't respond to that anymore over and over.....

It has its spots, but very rarely. You need to be an amateur psychologist to direct men now-a-days. Young and old alike..

If coach k's style didn't work it's crazy for anyone to ever think stoops will be our new DC

For the record I don't think Stoops is going to be our new DC and I've never been all that excited about that possibility. In fact I'm more on the Aiken train, than Stoops. With that said, I think the Diff between Stoops and Kaz is age and experience. I'm emotional, very emotional, but I don't yell at people nasty like I used to. Now I'm more animated and..."come on buddy lets get after it, you got more left I know you do". And then I slide over and put my arm around them latter. That's how you have to be when you are an emotional cat. You can get loud and excited and I can still be an arse (like you guys don't know that right....:D) but you also have to teach and love. I get the sense Stoops has probably gotten to the point in his life he knows the back side. Kaz, by all apparent evidence I'm hearing wasn't there yet. Therefore his voice quit being heard.

While this seems to be a positive for both parties, I don't think RK is necessarily a bad coach. We've often discussed last year's D-line underperforming "despite 3 NFL players", but does RK get no credit for developing them into NFL players?

Here is what I wrote earlier this week re: Florida recruiting

More Turnover? | Hawkeye Nation[/QUOTE

Once again CAARHawk gets the last laugh. When Kacs was originally hired to replace Aiken, I was aghast. There was nothing in his bio that said he was qualified to coach D Line, nor that he would be a good replacement for a coach that many players had identified as a key role model and the reason they were able to succeed at Iowa after leaving communities that were way different from Iowa, or that he would be able to recruit Florida.

He was a rust-belt kid who played and coached O line.

I got hammered for my opinion then, now I am justified. Thank you.

Now onto Erb.

Here is what I wrote earlier this week re: Florida recruiting

More Turnover? | Hawkeye Nation[/QUOTE

Once again CAARHawk gets the last laugh. When Kacs was originally hired to replace Aiken, I was aghast. There was nothing in his bio that said he was qualified to coach D Line, nor that he would be a good replacement for a coach that many players had identified as a key role model and the reason they were able to succeed at Iowa after leaving communities that were way different from Iowa, or that he would be able to recruit Florida.

He was a rust-belt kid who played and coached O line.

I got hammered for my opinion then, now I am justified. Thank you.

Now onto Erb.

But sadly this statement says more about you than it does anything else. I do hope u have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Here is what I wrote earlier this week re: Florida recruitingMore Turnover? | Hawkeye Nation[/QUOTEOnce again CAARHawk gets the last laugh. When Kacs was originally hired to replace Aiken, I was aghast. There was nothing in his bio that said he was qualified to coach D Line, nor that he would be a good replacement for a coach that many players had identified as a key role model and the reason they were able to succeed at Iowa after leaving communities that were way different from Iowa, or that he would be able to recruit Florida. He was a rust-belt kid who played and coached O line. I got hammered for my opinion then, now I am justified. Thank you. Now onto Erb.

im sure some people thought the same about kf when he 1st got hired as an ol coach considering he was a linebacker in college. coaching isnt always about what you played. sometimes what you played comes so easy to you you cant teach it very well.

i played college catcher and tried out for pro teams and i honestly cant coach kids how to be catchers because it just became natural to me. but i know i can coach pitching because ive helped many pitchers become very very good.

obviously coach kaz wasnt the right fit here but he obviously knows dl stuff because we did ok during his tenure and nebby has him for the same job. his problem was running kids off not his knowledge.

im sure some people thought the same about kf when he 1st got hired as an ol coach considering he was a linebacker in college. coaching isnt always about what you played. sometimes what you played comes so easy to you you cant teach it very well.

i played college catcher and tried out for pro teams and i honestly cant coach kids how to be catchers because it just became natural to me. but i know i can coach pitching because ive helped many pitchers become very very good.

obviously coach kaz wasnt the right fit here but he obviously knows dl stuff because we did ok during his tenure and nebby has him for the same job. his problem was running kids off not his knowledge.

Nice to see a reasonable perspective with some depth. I agree totally with your thoughts here.

Except KF coached OL at WA and was an Assistant OL coach at Pitt before getting his shot at Iowa. He didn't come in with no coaching experience on the OL. Nice try cherry picking one thing out of my argument though.

But you missed the fact that he didn't have any if Aikens' role model nature or his successful experience recruiting the area to which he was being assigned. Basically, the guy was an O-for hire when you are talking about replacing Aiken. I said this at the time and am sticking with it.

Latest posts