Facebook -- Coach K

wa1974

I'm a Facebook creeper and proud...

Raymon writes on Cooper's wall:
"new dline coach, what could be better than that lol"

Cooper responds:
"a national championship lol..."

Could mean nothing, could mean something... At face value, it tells me he won't be missed and adds a bit of weight to the "encouraged to leave" option. That and his comments tonight on NE radio.

Cooper responds:

Could mean nothing, could mean something... At face value, it tells me he won't be missed and adds a bit of weight to the "encouraged to leave" option. That and his comments tonight on NE radio.

What comments?

He said on radio that this will be the first time in his career that he'll be recruiting with a brand name on his chest.

Ahh, I see. That must be why he was so inept as a recruiter at Iowa, while recruiting in the talent rich state of Florida and most everyone else on the staff ran circles around him.

He said on radio that this will be the first time in his career that he'll be recruiting with a brand name on his chest.

wow. kirk was super classy on the press release. we'll see how the players respond. would be super interesting to see what AC BB CB and others would have to say about it, but i'm guessing they'll keep it to themselves.

I don't think there are many people in IC that are sad about the change. KF will ALWAYS take the high road - but if he wasn't a Joe Moore guy I doubt he'd ever been with the team.

Just isn't a big deal.

I've heard the horror stories about how he ran off players..I don't know if that's true. But he's a Notre Dame guy. That's enough for me. I don't want any Notre Dame people in our program!

Cooper responds:

1. Creeping weirds me out
2. This is very telling - VERY

sounds like this could be a really good deal. if the guy would come out and make those comments after a lateral move, it sounds more like a push out. he reaped the benefits of aikens recruits and then drove the dl to mediocrity. so long coach k.

Ahh, I see. That must be why he was so inept as a recruiter at Iowa, while recruiting in the talent rich state of Florida and most everyone else on the staff ran circles around him.

Wouldn't this be classified as calling out a coach, or is he fair game now that he isn't at Iowa?

Why would we have our most inept recruiter down in Florida? Put him somewhere he can't screw up too bad.

Rick had been talked to this year about his demeanor with players. I also don't think he felt like he was given enough responsibility last year when Norm went on the shelf for a bit.

I get ambition, and respect healthy ambition. I don't respect whining about something when you don't get what you want.

I don't get the sense that there are tears being shed about this.

Latest posts