Facebook -- Coach K

After reading some of these comments and looking at the past, I firmly believe the players didn't like player for him and he was the main reason we had such high attrition at the d line position the last couple of years. Good riddance! Now maybe Iowa can get back to sending defensive lineman to the NFL.

He said on radio that this will be the first time in his career that he'll be recruiting with a brand name on his chest.

That brand name will be Nike as we step on his Cornhusker loving chest next season in Kinnick. What a dbag thing to say, wonder how many defectors we will inherit when he runs off half of his D line over the next couple years.

could this explain the DL not playing up to expectations last year? maybe Norm was a mediator between the players and kassinski that we did not have last year. and yes I know I misspelled his name.

Rick had been talked to this year about his demeanor with players. I also don't think he felt like he was given enough responsibility last year when Norm went on the shelf for a bit.

I get ambition, and respect healthy ambition. I don't respect whining about something when you don't get what you want.

I don't get the sense that there are tears being shed about this.

What was his demeanor w/players like? Did KFz have a talk w/him? Would you consider him more than partially responsible for the DL defections of late?

Last edited:
Ahh, I see. That must be why he was so inept as a recruiter at Iowa, while recruiting in the talent rich state of Florida and most everyone else on the staff ran circles around him.

images

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are. Coaching circles are a small community, it can't be a good idea to badmouth KF and staff. What an idiot.

He had to have been encouraged to find work elsewhere. Why else wouldn't he be coaching the bowl game?

Jon, I'd like to see a front page article summarizing the dline/recruits over his tenure here:
-the attrition of the dline
-mediocre play of 3 serious NFL lineman last year
-lack of development behind last years seniors
-his recruiting haul vs. his peers at iowa

Best case scenario is Ron Aiken back in town as DC/dline coach. Hire a special teams coach.

When Morgan retires in a few, get Brian Ferentz on staff for o-line.

What was his demeanor w/players like? Did KFz have a talk w/him? Would you consider him more than partially responsible for the DL detections of late?
l

I cannot say that Coach K is responsible for the defections. If you read what I wrote in the Hawk Stock series, its really the only explanation that makes any sense, but even then, it would be a guess.

Coach K is intense, and can be an 'in your face' guy. Some players react well to that, some don't.

I can say walking behind the Iowa bench several times last year while working for the BTN, that some of his 'sessions' with the DL were in the jaw dropping category.

Heard this in November and sort of kept in the back of my mind..then this week, heard it from more than one person..all different people.

Jon don't ban me for this....but I heard a lot of things about how none of the players liked playing for him from people I trust a lot. I totally sniff what you're farting. :)

The upside of K's comments is that it becomes amply obvious that this wasn't a "mutual" break-up as much as Iowa rapping him on the knuckles perhaps or even encouraging him to look elsewhere. Also explains why he took that a job coaching DL. Pelini actually comes off like a reasonable guy in this scenario, doesn't seem like he tried poaching K. KF might even have given K a decent recommendation.

I get that and just want to make sure what #1 really means. It is very general, so if I say basketball player X couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat and should stop shooting the ball, is that considered being critical or does it mean I'm saying player X sucks and should stop shooting the ball and I get the ban hammer?

Better yet, just forget it, if I don't be critical towards anyone or say so and so sucks I should be fine.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are. Coaching circles are a small community, it can't be a good idea to badmouth KF and staff. What an idiot.

He had to have been encouraged to find work elsewhere. Why else wouldn't he be coaching the bowl game?

Jon, I'd like to see a front page article summarizing the dline/recruits over his tenure here:
-the attrition of the dline
-mediocre play of 3 serious NFL lineman last year
-lack of development behind last years seniors
-his recruiting haul vs. his peers at iowa

Best case scenario is Ron Aiken back in town as DC/dline coach. Hire a special teams coach.

When Morgan retires in a few, get Brian Ferentz on staff for o-line.
I also wouldn't mind seeing a rundown of his recruiting efforts; as in who he brought in, which ones panned out, which ones left, and so on. I must say I'm liking this more and more, and I hope his "successes" continue at Nebraska.

While Coach K and Iowa parting ways may be in the best interest of both sides John Raymon has zero credibility and gave us another example that he is an immature young man.

I cannot say that Coach K is responsible for the defections. If you read what I wrote in the Hawk Stock series, its really the only explanation that makes any sense, but even then, it would be a guess.

Coach K is intense, and can be an 'in your face' guy. Some players react well to that, some don't.

I can say walking behind the Iowa bench several times last year while working for the BTN, that some of his 'sessions' with the DL were in the jaw dropping category.

Jon, nuggets like this are so good. You oughtta create an alias to leak this gold rather than hold it! But I respect your code on things like this...

Latest posts