Exhibition Thread!!!

Thoughts on the Exhibition game:

1. CJF is going to be an upgrade at the 2
2. Wieskamp and Garza improved
3. Nunge looks improved, but maybe about a Garza level shooter and still figuring out how to use his size
4. Toussaint and Patrick had some jitters to work out but both will help us this year (I especially loved Toussaint's willingness to mix it up in the paint and grab boards)
5. Where was Evelyn? He looks more the part of a stop gap solution than a contributor. Can definitely help on defense, but looked lost on offense.
6. Bohannon's redshirting and maybe Austin Ash or Aidan Vanderloo will see a handful of actual minutes this season like Riley Till last season.
7. We'll be needing Pemsl this season.

#7 x 1000. Garza is the only strong board man and he can't play all 40 minutes. Kriener is too inconsistent. Nunge just doesn't have that board gene. Joe T lead the team in boards last night. Pemsl will be extremely important on the boards this year.

I was with you until point #6. Okay I follow Jbo might redshirt, but what’s with the second part?

We have CMac, CJF, Touissaint and Evelyn. Also Wieskamp can easily slide up to the 2 guard spot to get Patrick more minutes. We have no need for any of those walk ons I’m not sure where that came from.

Just my observation. Austin Ash was put in there with around 8 minutes left to play and with the starters. Vanderloo a while after. I'm not imagining this as an every game sort of deal, just like what we saw with Till last year. If we have no Bohannon and someone goes down with a temporary injury then we're looking at only 3 guards. If someone else is getting in foul trouble, then we're probably looking at who else is on the bench. It's rare, but it does happen. Ash is real skinny, but he looked like he knew what he was doing out there and easily splashed a few triples.

I agree that Wieskamp sliding down is the most likely option, but I can see situations where you'd rather have a true guard in there who has a quick release and might give you a better chance at making some 3's to spread the court. That opposed to a defense sagging on Pat and Connor during a shooting slump and doubling Wieskamp and Garza.