Exhibition Thread!!!

He is a long way from being in game shape. I know it is an exhibition, but he looked way slower and even less willing to even fake at playing defense. This should be expected though, he was just cleared to start practicing after being out for 5-6 months.

JBo is definitely bigger this year, probably gained some weight in his time off the court. But, not being in game shape and not playing at all this year are two different things. We’ll see how much he plays on Friday in a real game.

JBo is definitely bigger this year, probably gained some weight in his time off the court. But, not being in game shape and not playing at all this year are two different things. We’ll see how much he plays on Friday in a real game.

He is 2 months away from being even beginning of season game shape ready, and you would be asking him to be fine tuned and ready to go for conference play then? I don't see it. I think he might try going Friday again, but I'd be shot if he doesn't shut it down before he plays too many games.

He is a long way from being in game shape. I know it is an exhibition, but he looked way slower and even less willing to even fake at playing defense. This should be expected though, he was just cleared to start practicing after being out for 5-6 months.
You certainly could be right, that would stink because with him I really like this team.

He is 2 months away from being even beginning of season game shape ready, and you would be asking him to be fine tuned and ready to go for conference play then? I don't see it. I think he might try going Friday again, but I'd be shot if he doesn't shut it down before he plays too many games.

Well that’s definitely one theory...you may be right??? Maybe I just want him to play therefore I’m optimistic. I don’t think it would take two months to be in game shape. But then again I have no idea what goes on in practice. I thought he moved fairly well tonight, he just wasn’t looking to do much. If I were his coach and I thought there was a chance of shutting him down, I’m not playing him at all in a exhibition game against Lindsey Wilson College. IMO, the fact he played at all tonight is a good indicator he will go this year.

Well that’s definitely one theory...you may be right??? Maybe I just want him to play therefore I’m optimistic. I don’t think it would take two months to be in game shape. But then again I have no idea what goes on in practice. I thought he moved fairly well tonight, he just wasn’t looking to do much. If I were his coach and I thought there was a chance of shutting him down, I’m not playing him at all in a exhibition game against Lindsey Wilson College. IMO, the fact he played at all tonight is a good indicator he will go this year.

I think the coaches looked at it like just another practice for Jbo tonight. I mean why hold him out, he is cleared for practice, and he will practice all year if he plays or not. So basically this is just another day for Jbo to get healthier through playing some basketball.

We’re making these analysis based off a scrimmage against a guy named Lindsey Wilson??? Come on.

It's all we have to go on, we've been making analysis for the last 8 months based off of HS tape, recruiting rankings and last season. We all realize the competition was poor, but it's going to get really old if I have to preface everything we say with "I know it was only Lindsey Wilson".

gun to my head prediction - I am with Dean, Jordan doesn't play this season. I hope that's wrong. Just the vibe I got off watching him. Didn't appear to be doing much other then "testing" it out. I didn't expect more, but would have liked to see him play more.

It's all we have to go on, we've been making analysis for the last 8 months based off of HS tape, recruiting rankings and last season. We all realize the competition was poor, but it's going to get really old if I have to preface everything we say with "I know it was only Lindsey Wilson".
Well, hopefully that's the only all girl's school we face this season. Oral Roberts is all male, correct? Or do I have these backwards? :eek:

but I'd be shot if he doesn't shut it down before he plays too many games.

PrestigiousWaterloggedAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

Thoughts on the Exhibition game:

1. CJF is going to be an upgrade at the 2
2. Wieskamp and Garza improved
3. Nunge looks improved, but maybe about a Garza level shooter and still figuring out how to use his size
4. Toussaint and Patrick had some jitters to work out but both will help us this year (I especially loved Toussaint's willingness to mix it up in the paint and grab boards)
5. Where was Evelyn? He looks more the part of a stop gap solution than a contributor. Can definitely help on defense, but looked lost on offense.
6. Bohannon's redshirting and maybe Austin Ash or Aidan Vanderloo will see a handful of actual minutes this season like Riley Till last season.
7. We'll be needing Pemsl this season.

Thoughts on the Exhibition game:

1. CJF is going to be an upgrade at the 2
2. Wieskamp and Garza improved
3. Nunge looks improved, but maybe about a Garza level shooter and still figuring out how to use his size
4. Toussaint and Patrick had some jitters to work out but both will help us this year (I especially loved Toussaint's willingness to mix it up in the paint and grab boards)
5. Where was Evelyn? He looks more the part of a stop gap solution than a contributor. Can definitely help on defense, but looked lost on offense.
6. Bohannon's redshirting and maybe Austin Ash or Aidan Vanderloo will see a handful of actual minutes this season like Riley Till last season.
7. We'll be needing Pemsl this season.
I was with you until point #6. Okay I follow Jbo might redshirt, but what’s with the second part?

We have CMac, CJF, Touissaint and Evelyn. Also Wieskamp can easily slide up to the 2 guard spot to get Patrick more minutes. We have no need for any of those walk ons I’m not sure where that came from.

I was with you until point #6. Okay I follow Jbo might redshirt, but what’s with the second part?

We have CMac, CJF, Touissaint and Evelyn. Also Wieskamp can easily slide up to the 2 guard spot to get Patrick more minutes. We have no need for any of those walk ons I’m not sure where that came from.

IMO - the walk-ons got minutes cause these are the only games they are gonna get them sans a few more where Iowa might be up big. It was nice of Fran to reward them in a game they were up big. I think reading into it much further is one of those times you have to take in consideration that it was a chick school and an exhibition.

IMO - the walk-ons got minutes cause these are the only games they are gonna get them sans a few more where Iowa might be up big. It was nice of Fran to reward them in a game they were up big. I think reading into it much further is one of those times you have to take in consideration that it was a chick school and an exhibition.
O ya... we weren’t talking about this game, everyone plays in exhibitions. The poster I was responding to made it sound like those guys would get in in really games, which I don’t think will happen.

O ya... we weren’t talking about this game, everyone plays in exhibitions. The poster I was responding to made it sound like those guys would get in in really games, which I don’t think will happen.
me neither - I think we will see Till, but not much of Till, even tho he's not a walk on this season.