Exhibition Thread!!!

I get you don't need your starters right now, but CJ is a freshman. It would be nice to get him some more play time.

Not very impressed with Evelyn so far. In the guard pecking order he seems to be at the bottom.

Nunge hasn't improved quite as much as I was hoping. He needs to pick his spots to take shots a little better. Definitely stronger and i think he will fit his more natural position as a post player rather than the perimeter player Fran attempted to make him his Freshman year.

Toussaint is very quick and can jump out of the gym. Reminds me of Carson Edwards minus the shooting ability. If he could develop a solid jump shot he could have a very good career at Iowa.

CJ Fredrick and Joe Wieskamp is a fun combination. If JBo can get fully healthy this year that would be a very dangerous 3PT shooting team.

JBo may be still just easing into things but it seems like he doesn't want to test his lateral quickness a whole lot. I dont see him playing this year other than a couple games early in the year.

JBo will be playing this year. He wouldn’t even be in the game tonight if not playing was an option.

I disagree. I can’t see him playing this year judging from watching tonight.
I see where your going, but it’s an exhibition game it’s not surprising he’s not going super hard. The fact that he’s been medically cleared is pretty big.

I disagree. I can’t see him playing this year judging from watching tonight.

I guess will see, but why even risk long term injury and another recovery by playing him in an exhibition game? I saw nothing tonight to remotely indicate he was favoring his hip. I’d say he’s good to go.

PMac can jump and isn't afraid to go at the basket. I have a lot of reservations about the kid but he was pretty good tonight.

I see where your going, but it’s an exhibition game it’s not surprising he’s not going super hard. The fact that he’s been medically cleared is pretty big.

He is a long way from being in game shape. I know it is an exhibition, but he looked way slower and even less willing to even fake at playing defense. This should be expected though, he was just cleared to start practicing after being out for 5-6 months.

Did you hear the announcer say he's been the best 3 point shooter in practice. They track it and evidently he's the best. With Joe and CJ that seems really hard to believe.

I sure hope that shows up in the real games.

But I’ve been impressed with his ability to drive to the hoop.

I agree . It's pretty obvious he wasn't going 100%. But it has to be because it's an exhibition game. If that's really all he's capable of right now, it would be a no brainer to not play. He wouldn't even be risking it.

Latest posts