Eric May

TalkHawk

Have only seen the Creighton game this year.

curious what is going on with his play.

He is a JUNIOR now. You would expect a jump in performance. Just has not been the case.

Since I have only seen one game this year.....and from the majority of games I saw last year..... I think he has a tough time reaching his peak performance because of his mentality. Not sure he has what it takes to get the most out of his athletic ability.

Kind of what you see when guys put up 14-20 points against lower competition and can not find a consistency against equally talented and more talented opponents.

What's the x's and o's analysis on his poor play this year?

He really can jump though. Have you seen him jump? The kid can really, really, really jump. Its an awesome spectacle to watch, the jumping, its really cool because the kid can really jump.

It's definitely a confidence issue. Once he doesn't hit that first shot, it seems like his confidence is absolutely gone and he becomes very, very hesitant.

Heck, he's only getting 11 minutes. Either play him more or play him less. Why bother giving a kid 11 minutes.

Fran's distribution of playing time doesn't make any sense right now. He needs to settle in on a 7 or 8 man rotation.

Pretty simple, if May can't hit the 3 like tonight and maybe most nights he is just taking up space in my opinion.

He starts but doesn't play the whole second half. Waste of a starter. Ogelsby needs to start, he is the best player on this team.

He starts but doesn't play the whole second half. Waste of a starter. Ogelsby needs to start, he is the best player on this team.

Ogelsby has looked the best out of anybody so far, IMO. He'll be the one starting in May's place I would imagine. Right?

Ogelsby is going to be very good. IMO he has the best pure shot on this team. I'm looking forward to watching him down the road.

The guy isn't playing in the NBA. He is what he is. He was wildly inconsistant last year and more of the same this year.

Honest to god, is there any reason to think he is a division I basketball player? I'm not asking if he should be a Big Ten player; is he even division I? Which mid-majors would he start at?

To me, it's pretty simple. What basketball skills has he demonstrated going into his third year? He can't shoot, he can't dribble, he doesn't have post up moves (or size), he doesn't seem to have instincts or a feel for the game, the offense doesn't exactly flow well through him...what is he decent at that he even has a chance at refining? Some defensive quickness in the open court when matched against small forwards?

I don't even see him as a role player at the division I level. He doesn't seem to be a basketball player, at least not a small forward or guard, for any level. I don't see basketball skills.

I would go:

Cartwright
Ogelsby
Gatens
Basabe
McCabe

Maybe put marble in there too since he was playing well tonight from what I saw. I was impressed with him.

I haven't been able to actually WATCH most of the games this year, but I've seen about 3 and I think McCabe is more useful than brommer. McCabe is hustling hard and actually rebounding(which is leading to some buckets) and tonight he even played decent defense from what I saw. Brommer seems to be just a body out there... not impressed at all so far, but that's just my opinion from what I saw.

I guess the entire team has been unimpressive so far, but I'm confident they will get better. It isn't often that you shoot less than 25% from the floor and the other team is lighting it up from the 3pt line... although that seems to be happening quite a bit.

Like I said, they will get it figured out. Honestly this team would be 100x better if they just learned to play some defense. They would look like a completely different team out there.

Latest posts