Embarrasing..........Fucking Embarrasing.

AT LEAST HE PRETTY MUCH DISAPPEARED IN THE GAME THAT ACTUALLY MATTERED THOUGH.
I saw your screaming post in huge font in all caps and bold but my eyes focused more on the tags below. It appears you pin Jon's critique as a badge of honor. There was a time when players weren't singled out. JBO didn't single-handily lose this game. There was a surrounding cast--starters and bench were missing shots, open and contested. Collective disappearance. Not the first instance this has happened to any team through the fullness of time.

I saw your screaming post in huge font in all caps and bold but my eyes focused more on the tags below. It appears you pin Jon's critique as a badge of honor. There was a time when players weren't singled out. JBO didn't single-handily lose this game. There was a surrounding cast--starters and bench were missing shots, open and contested. Collective disappearance. Not the first instance this has happened to any team through the fullness of time.
CHECK THE STAT LINE AGAINST OREGON TOO, BUD. NORMALLY I ABIDE BY A RULE NOT TO CALL OUT THE KIDS, BUT THAT GUY IS A MAN, SO I THINK HE IS FAIR GAME. BUT IRREGARDLESS, YOU ARE RIGHT, THAT LOSS WAS A TEAM EFFORT.

AND IT AIN'T JOBO'S FAULT. I MEAN IF YOU ARE A COACH AND YOU'VE SEEN THE JOBO FADE FOR YEARS AND WANT TO STILL ROLL HIM OUT THERE AS A STARTER IN THE TOURNAMENT THIS DEEP INTO HIS CAREER, THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT DEFICIENCIES ON THE TEAM THAT GO WELL BEYOND JUST HIM. I MEAN, IF I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO GO 11/13 AGAINST A 320 RPI TEAM HE WOULD BE THE GUY I WANTED. BUT IF I WANT SOMEONE TO BE A FLOOR GENERAL IN THE TOURNAMENT. GUH. UGH.

Hey buds - if you're embarrassed by this program go cheer for a different team. Iowa won the B1G tournament and played really well down the stretch and was nationally ranked for the 4th straight season. If that embarrasses you that's not an Iowa problem.

Hey buds - if you're embarrassed by this program go cheer for a different team. Iowa won the B1G tournament and played really well down the stretch and was nationally ranked for the 4th straight season. If that embarrasses you that's not an Iowa problem.

Marge?

I'm not a 'bud.' That was an ad hominem hung on me by okeefe4prez. Sorry my post appeared that I was embarrassed. Far from it. I have been a fan of the Hawkeyes since the 1940's. And a graduate of the University of Iowa. Apparently not well formed, my point was that shots were not falling for the team, not just JBO. And I resent players being singled out, adult or otherwise, by unidentified persons posting on a board.

I am on pins and needles trying to figure out who will take JABO's place in the "God, this guy is just terrible and I hate him" spotlight. I am sure some of the above clowns already have some candidates. Oh well. At least you can continue to kick Fran and Barta around.

Fran has taken teams to the Dance 11 times and has never made the Sweet 16. It’s been awhile for the program as well (below).

1647735706934.png

Not a commentary on this year’s team or the season but does highlight why some would express disappointment.

Latest posts