Email from ticket office

Does anyone know how to check how many points you have? I am a UI graduate and donate regularly, but it's been to the school and not necessarily to the I-Club. I donated to something else last year (either I-Club or Foundation) but can't remember which and can't find the records.

I requested two season tickets for the first time this year with the installment plan. They just charged the second installment yesterday so hopefully that's a good sign.

i called the ticket office this morning to verify my point status. I was told that they had credited my grad points and that they were almost completely done with the ticketing process. They should be done today.

I asked if a decision had been made on my season ticket request and was told that he could not guarantee anything but my chances were very good for season tickets. His tone was very encouraging. At least that it what I heard.

After hanging up I realized that I really had not learned much new other than it is looking good if you have at least 10 points and have not heard anything as yet.

For the record, I had indicated on my app that I was a U of I grad and I noted the year of graduation and major. I requested seats in 4 specific sections ranging from free (sidelines & corners) up to $200 contributions. I am a lifetime U of I Alumni Member and I have purchased individual game tickets and bowl ticket from the ticket office in the past but I believe I only have 10 priority points.

Harpo, excellent news and thanks for posting. That has me hopeful. I did pretty much the same thing as you on the application. Also told them I had been a ticket holder for a few years previously. I was also specific about where I want to sit. I am more hopeful now.
One other thing, did you ask them when they will let you know if you have them for sure? And will they send out an email if you get them or a letter or something? Thanks again. Great work.

No, I didn't ask about when I would receive "official" notification". I should have but my guess is, he would not have been able to tell me anything definite.

My sense was he could not talk specifics about anyone who had not been contacted as yet. Just my guess from his wording and tone.

I would advise anyone that has concerns to call the ticket office and post what they are told. The more we hear, the more we know.

No, I didn't ask about when I would receive "official" notification". I should have but my guess is, he would not have been able to tell me anything definite.

My sense was he could not talk specifics about anyone who had not been contacted as yet. Just my guess from his wording and tone.

I would advise anyone that has concerns to call the ticket office and post what they are told. The more we hear, the more we know.

You talked me into it. I called them to see what they could tell me. He said if you haven't heard anything yet that is good news (Pretty sure we all knew that). It means you made it through the first two cuts. But he also said they still won't know for sure until the middle of June. He said if I don't hear anything by the middle of June to call back and they should be able to tell me a definate yes or no. He said if I heard something before the middle of June it would likely be a denial.
Other good news, at least for me, is he said I am on record as having 17 priority points. Which I think is a weird number. I had season tickets for 3 years from 04-07. So I don't really know where they came up with 17. But it appears you do maintain your points for past season tickets even if you have not had them for over a year.
All in all pretty good news. Just sucks that we basically have to wait another 2 or 3 weeks to find out for sure.

The ticket office stated that seats will be confirmed in 10-14 days, though they are nearly done completing orders.

You will receive confirmation that your ticket order was approved by email, or if no email was listed, then by phone.

If you wish to know the location of your seats, you must email the ticket office once you have received confirmation that your order was approved.

Go Hawks!

The ticket office stated that seats will be confirmed in 10-14 days, though they are nearly done completing orders.

You will receive confirmation that your ticket order was approved by email, or if no email was listed, then by phone.

If you wish to know the location of your seats, you must email the ticket office once you have received confirmation that your order was approved.

Go Hawks!

Good news. Did you call the ticket office today as well?

Good news. Did you call the ticket office today as well?
Yep I called...the guys on the phone are as vague as can be, so you really have to ask direct questions. I read this forum almost daily... so I thought I would finally do something to contribute.

I think everyone who hasn't heard anything yet are probably in good shape.

I can hardly wait for the smell of stale beer, big *** turkey legs, and Kinnick stadium.

Through today, it seems that of those that have been contacted by the ticket office, more have heard some sort of bad news - no additional tickets, less tickets than requested or just the 2 game offer.

It also appears that priority points are not the sole criteria for these decisions.

All in all, I am hoping that we will begin hearing of more people being given season tickets this week. It is my guess that most people will hear something this week.

I am a 1st time, 2 ticket applicant with 10 points. I did list specific location preferences.

My friend got the two-game offer for Eastern Illinois and Michigan State.

That's great news. They took my second installment out today for the tix. I assume that, coupled with me not hearing anything is good news.

Just an update fellas. I called the ticket office this afternoon to check on my priority points and they have me for 2 points. I asked if having the 2nd installment deducted was a sign of good things and was told yes, but they couldn't guarantee anything yet. He said my account noted 'season tickets' on it, but again they couldn't guarantee until they are completely finished with the process. He said they are close. Sounds like they will be notifying soon of approval status, etc.

I have not heard anything from the ticket office yet, but I have also NOT had the 2nd installment taken yet ... I have the alumnus 10 points

bwsmoney: I was told the 2nd installment would be taken out last Wednesday and they didn't take it out of my account until yesterday. I think their plan on when they are taking the installment changed in the wake of all of the requests for tickets. I would think that they are taking the installments as they get to each individual application.

No reports today from the ticket office on this board. Did anyone hear anything? Wonder if they are finally finishing up before sending out the last emails tomorrow or early next week?

Well we have not heard much new in the past week.

Recent contact with the ticket office has indicated applicants files listing "season tickets" and callers being told "the process would be completed in mid-June" and "if you have not been denied yet, it looks good".

This leads me to believe that the ticket office is now going thru remaining ticket orders and putting them in specific seats. This would take some time and people would most likely not be notified until they had most everyone in seats. We would not hear of contact originating from the ticket office, only from people that called the ticket office.

Mid-June is another 10-14 days away.

Latest posts