Early Start: Ferentz to the NFL talk Already Going On

Minor item...

Why did you argue my point and then post data to prove my point? Running over 1/3 of the time is not very much running. Throwing short passes and screens "that act as runs" are not runs, and Ferentz doesn't utilize on offense like that anyways. Also, posting that the Packers passed on 57% of their plays while Iowa passed on 45% of their plays is not the compelling argument you think it is.

Here is another way to look at it. Of the 32 NFL teams, only 4 of them average more than 30 rushing attempts per game, while 26 are averaging more than 30 pass attempts per game (4 are averaging more than 40. Iowa's offense, meanwhile, runs 36 times per game this year.

but sacks count as rushing attempts in college, while they do not in the NFL. Of Vandenberg's 22 rushing attempts, more than half would have to be snaps where Iowa meant to pass the ball. He's been sacked 5 times, in addition scrambles where he gains positive yards go down as runs but they were called pass plays. He's had a few sneaks and the QB draw against Iowa State, but other than that his rushing attempts were really attempts to pass.

Since OK4P isn't here, I think that KC should take a hard look at KOK. He's fired up and turned Iowa into a passing monster after only a few short games. Imagine what he could do by being the HC and being reunited with Stanzi and Moeaki? KC would be an offensive juggernaut and would be impossible to stop.

We'll miss you KOK, but we support and love you and good luck in your future as the HC of KC.

Latest posts