Dump the Des Moines Register!!!

For what purpose did Aaron think this was going to be a good idea? He could have easily chosen not to run the story. Period

I have a son in his early 20's.
He told me a couple years ago that he's made a vow to himself to be the last person on earth that is NOT on Facebook.
Told him atta-boy!
I'm so with you. Waste of fucking time and energy. Who gives a flying F what so-so did, or who they're talking to, or sleeping with, or whatever......I DON"T CARE !!!

I don’t feel bad for the guy.

I wouldn’t be able to sleep with myself if I found those tweets and used it against Carson King. Regarding just doing his job, 1) I wouldn’t take a job that expected me to be a shit human being, and 2) if my boss told me to do something to F up another persons life who didn’t deserve it I’d walk out the door.

I hear ya. That dude likely will have a few sleepless nights for his role in it. Totally hear ya on that. I just can't get too worked up about a kid reporter who's grown up in the cancel culture environment, was probably taught the cancel culture in J-school, and then looked for jobs where the cancel culture apparently exists. It's the reality of his profession....potentially. Doesn't mean he couldn't take a stand against it. But, gotta find a way to feed yourself that you can live with. I own a factory that makes plastic stuff. Not gonna lie, I wonder about what I'm doing from time to time....but I also gotta feed my family. And send my kids to Mizzou. Bleccccccchhhhkkkkkk.

Kinda like how farmers grow corn not because they have some love affair with corn. It's the most profitable crop for their operation. If organic heritage beets were the most profitable crop, they'd grow that.

I thought I wrapped it up with a post that started with "Bottom Line"

then you all kept posting... :(
My fellow Hawkeye traveler, to paraphrase - If your influence on this board is purchased for what it's actually worth and sold for what you believe it's worth, we all would be much wealthier. Trust me, I've been there, many times.

They missed a much larger opportunity to present the maturation of ideas and beliefs of a young man, as a teaching moment for others.

You may be on to something. That could be a great campaign. I've even got the slogan, "What we share, is most important". Closing scene is said young man and other person (minority, gay guy, etc) drinking a Busch light together...with the announcer saying. "We're all different...but what share is most important".

Would still be risky though.

Imagine this...they show a young kid at 16 doing something kind of stupid, then show him at 21 in the military or in a college classroom thoughtful, reflective, interacting with new things/ideas/people...growing. They close with him in his late 20s having fully matured (with some related visual...a loving husband/Father, working beside a minority as best buds, doing a community project...whatever.) Somewhere along the line the less desirable "before" would have to be put in there....and that's where the controversy would come in.

How simplistic would they go with the "before" stereotype? Would they dare to show some kid saying "I hate America" (like our friend at the Register in his tweets) who then watches the family next door lose a son in the military and gains perspective? Or would they stick to the toxic masculinity angle (like Gillette) that all white guys are racists and misogynists?

POINTS DON'T NEED BALANCED BECAUSE THEY ONLY SEEM BALANCED TO YOURSELF, FOR F'S SAKE!!! How do you not get that??? One guy spews what he thinks is a balanced viewpoint, then the next guy goes, "Well, that wasn't very balanced; I think I'm going to make a point to balance his point, by god!" And then it's an endless ridiculous cycle of this shit that never goes anywhere but down the toilet.

You appear to be a college educated fella but you still hit yourself in the dong with a hammer and expect it not to hurt for some reason. Jesus, man.

No one has ever in history changed anyone's mind by mouthbreathing political positions/viewpoints at other people.

Ne-ver.

Never has anyone said, "Gee, that political spewage made sense. I think I'll change my mind because that was reasonable." So that leaves the question as to why one would do it...

Because political people love to hear their own pissed off voices in a vacuum chamber. Only sound doesn't travel in a vacuum so they scream louder. And louder and louder. All to no avail. For those folks, go vote how you want to vote and leave everyone else alone with that garbage because nobody wants to hear it.

It's called a dialogue and believe it or not, people do change their mind when presented with fact and solid logic. I do all the time. Now, in political circles, it's the most polarized environment in modern history, primarily due to the media on both sides. You go to Fox for one viewpoint and it's all you get...you go to MSNBC and you get the other side.

Somewhere you have to find the truth...it's there...but you have to examine the details. For example, and this is just a current example...because it's fresh in people's minds. Trump is saying he talked about Biden with the President of Ukraine and wanted him and his son investigated. Fact...and Trump admits that...ok...so we agree with a Fact. Now, Trump is saying he wasn't holding up the military aid package as leverage. Now, knowing how Trump operates (wall funds from already earmarked money, etc), doesn't it reason that Trump would use whatever means necessary to get what he wants done? So, it's almost impossible to believe the aid wasn't part of the deal knowing his history. Do you think the aid being put on hold was a coincidence? Odd timing?

I'm curious what you think Fryowa. You appear to be very flexible when it comes to opinion, so I value your input to the discussion. Try to change my mind...I'm open to your thoughts.

You may be on to something. That could be a great campaign. I've even got the slogan, "What we share, is most important". Closing scene is said young man and other person (minority, gay guy, etc) drinking a Busch light together...with the announcer saying. "We're all different...but what share is most important".

Would still be risky though.

Imagine this...they show a young kid at 16 doing something kind of stupid, then show him at 21 in the military or in a college classroom thoughtful, reflective, interacting with new things/ideas/people...growing. They close with him in his late 20s having fully matured (with some related visual...a loving husband/Father, working beside a minority as best buds, doing a community project...whatever.) Somewhere along the line the less desirable "before" would have to be put in there....and that's where the controversy would come in.

How simplistic would they go with the "before" stereotype? Would they dare to show some kid saying "I hate America" (like our friend at the Register in his tweets) who then watches the family next door lose a son in the military and gains perspective? Or would they stick to the toxic masculinity angle (like Gillette) that all white guys are racists and misogynists?
Your lack of mention of trans individuals in your lengthy write up implies a strong transphobia.

It's called a dialogue and believe it or not, people do change their mind when presented with fact and solid logic. I do all the time. Now, in political circles, it's the most polarized environment in modern history, primarily due to the media on both sides. You go to Fox for one viewpoint and it's all you get...you go to MSNBC and you get the other side.

Somewhere you have to find the truth...it's there...but you have to examine the details. For example, and this is just a current example...because it's fresh in people's minds. Trump is saying he talked about Biden with the President of Ukraine and wanted him and his son investigated. Fact...and Trump admits that...ok...so we agree with a Fact. Now, Trump is saying he wasn't holding up the military aid package as leverage. Now, knowing how Trump operates (wall funds from already earmarked money, etc), doesn't it reason that Trump would use whatever means necessary to get what he wants done? So, it's almost impossible to believe the aid wasn't part of the deal knowing his history. Do you think the aid being put on hold was a coincidence? Odd timing?

I'm curious what you think Fryowa. You appear to be very flexible when it comes to opinion, so I value your input to the discussion. Try to change my mind...I'm open to your thoughts.
Seriously, F off with this bullshit.

So....do the Hawks recognize King this Saturday at the game at the end of the first quarter?

What would you do?
Double down, bring him out on the field, announce him? Put him on the scoreboard? Let him lead the wave?

Let him in, give him the red carpet treatment, but not announce him?

Ignore him?

There's argument they have to bow to "Angry Studies"...in light of other PR issues.
There's also argument it would be a distraction from other PR issues.

I think this will be the next thing we can wring our hands over...unless the game turns out other than we expect.

It's over 120,000 people now.

It'll never happen, but it's hilarious.

https://www.change.org/p/des-moines...er-to-issue-front-page-apology-to-carson-king
Read the tweet from Keith Murphy in the Mediaite link. The DMR's editor's timeline doesn't match up with what actually happened. The Register covered this up, trying to shift the loss of his relationship with Busch to Carson's press conference. and got caught lying about it. Busch didn't learn this from the press conference, they ended it at 2:15, which was 5 hours before the press conference. Who do you think told Busch?

It's called a dialogue and believe it or not, people do change their mind when presented with fact and solid logic.
We'll have to disagree. And I'm 100% fine with that.

Somewhere you have to find the truth...it's there...but you have to examine the details.
Again, that's idealistic bullshit. Truth is relative to the person who's "deciding" for themselves if it's true or not. That's what makes debate over something like politics or religion so fucking stupid. It's a bunch of you knotheads in one place all thinking they have the "truth" figured out. Not only is it doltish to get involved in that kind of shit, it's hubristic to think your truth is "the one." You political airbags are in no way different than a room full of clergy who all think their man in the sky is the real man in the sky. You weirdos can't see the forest for the trees, though.

I'm curious what you think Fryowa. You appear to be very flexible when it comes to opinion, so I value your input to the discussion.
No fucking way will I get sucked into that. Not only is it boring and pointless, you're making the assumption that the crooks your advocating for really have citizen's well being and not their own personal power and gain in mind, whatever side they're on. Your college education isn't worth a squirt of piss if you emerged into adulthood thinking that whatever congressman or president you seem to admire is really looking out for you. Left, right, middle, and in between--the only thing I'd get behind is tossing them all in the river. So if you're asking who I agree with, Bill Shakespeare had that one right, I guess.

Try to change my mind...I'm open to your thoughts.
With all due respect, you wanting me to "change your mind" makes the assumption that I give a F what crook you support. Why don't you ask me to go into a prison and change your mind as to who your favorite serial killer is? Or maybe we can have a contest to see who can whisper the loudest. It's not physically possible for me to give a shit less what you think about politics. Just go do your hobby somewhere else where it's encouraged such as the link I posted for you. It makes the rest of us puke in our mouths a little bit

Last edited:

Mr. Ryan won't like the smell of the can of worms he might have just opened.

The DMR could possibly have a case of tortious interefence with a business relationship.

This issue just keeps on gill-netting more people by the day.

Latest posts