Due to possible NCAA violation, Iowa should...

I get it!

But seriously, I think Marcus Paige is no longer even remotely a chance to come to Iowa now. His face and name are associated with this story - as well as Oglesby - all over ESPN, CBS, Yahoo! and even TMZ. Going to be big blow because he was really developing a relationship with this staff and would have been nice to get the #3 PG/#28 player overall in class of 2012.

Iowa should offer to vacate the W-L record from the last few years off the books for allowing basketball recruits to talk to Ashton Kutcher.

unless the ncaa says "you cannot recruit marcus paige"- which will not happen- i dont see how this affects his recruitment.

Just when I thought the NCAA couldn't be more of a hypocritical organization, I learn of this rule.

I can not see more than a slap on the wrist or at worst probation. If it is worse then the NCAA is truly corrupt and should be investigated themselves.

I see what you did there.

It's not like every other team out there doesn't do things like this. Iowa just has the misfortune to have two world class AW's that feel the need to tweet about every minute of their life.

I dont really think its that big of a deal anyway, but if this was Kentucky, everyone on here would have their panties in a bunch about how much of a scumbag Calipari is.

I dont really think its that big of a deal anyway, but if this was Kentucky, everyone on here would have their panties in a bunch about how much of a scumbag Calipari is.

1. Calipari IS a scumbag...

2. He's probably got his panties in a bunch right now, from laughing at Iowa for getting caught doing something so "weak sauced"...

3. He probably called Ashley Judd to tell her all about it so she can mock Demi...

You're off base, Ryno.

Missouri had recruiting violations for giving a private plane trip to family and recruits Arthur Johnson and the other guy, an swing man whose name escapes me, a few years ago and they were reprimanded and the kids were still able to be recruited by MU and in fact both came to MU. That was much more of a violation than this. And to be honest, were these players in the suites when the celebs were there? What are you supposed to do, not let them go over and talk to some celebrity?

I guess the program is responsible for not putting them in the same area, I suppose. But that's why this i s a minor thing. Some time incidental things happen and bumpins are really bumpins. I have a feeling that is what this is. Either way, it is minor and not going to keep them from recruiting a player involved. This is certainly nothing anyone needs to hang their head in shame over.

I think they should use a tavern hawk defense. I would guess Kutcher either went to Kirkwood or never graduated from Iowa.

I'd like to know what qualifies as a celebrity?

Does the NCAA actually have a clause that says that a celebrity is defined as . . .having been in 1 movie, 2 movies, reality TV; Would the newborn baby peddling Huggies qualify? There has to be some definition. Does Tom Arnold actually qualify? jeebus, I hope not.

Iowa should offer to vacate the W-L record from the last few years off the books for allowing basketball recruits to talk to Ashton Kutcher.

I like your line of thinking. Perhaps we should vacate the last few years AND impose a 1 year post-season ban.

Latest posts