Drake is the anti-Iowa

I'm going to start an Iowa fan site called "Wide Receivers and Point Guards" where we can try to solicit those who play the positions to come to Iowa.
Make sure to bring some shoe companies on board as well!

Reactions: DJL
I think Drake is going to struggle controlling Iowa's inside game and Cook and Garza should have plenty of good looks. Cook I think will have a really good game, like 20+ pts. Actually think he may get a double-double.

Coaches should be going inside in this one, if not, one really has to question.

Drake has 4 guys who are 6'7" or taller and they played a combined 34 minutes against Minnesota. We really should dominate inside. Murphy for MN went off for 24 pts, 18 rebs and 4 blocks against them and he's a 6'6" forward. If Cook can stay away from the ticky-tack calls against him, he should have a monster game.

Well Vegas, Ken Pomeroy, Jeff Sagarin, and myself are all idiots then. I think Iowa wins this one rather handily.

While I hope you are right I don't see it. I guess we will see on Saturday. By the way, Vegas has no line on this game yet. Pomeroy has Kansas as #7 and Washington as #127 and yet Washington won by 9 on the Jayhawks home floor a couple of days ago, so good luck with that.

All I am saying is Drake is hungry and they are veteran. Iowa has a ton of talent but it is overstacked in the front court and very young, which makes this a bad matchup for Iowa. I would love to see Iowa prevail but when I hear "Drake is bad even for a MVC team" by those who can't handle the truth.... like I said, we will see on Saturday

Drake has 4 guys who are 6'7" or taller and they played a combined 34 minutes against Minnesota. We really should dominate inside. Murphy for MN went off for 24 pts, 18 rebs and 4 blocks against them and he's a 6'6" forward. If Cook can stay away from the ticky-tack calls against him, he should have a monster game.

Yes, the article I posted earlier stated Niko wanted to go with a 4 guard lineup this year. Once of their big guys transferred and one graduated. The others are fairly young. Maybe he will start two Bigs for Iowa if he thinks he needs more length for this game. Maybe he'll change it.

Ben Jacobson has been .500 or better in conference play every single season at UNI. That is really impressive.

No argument at all that it isn't very impressive. The counter argument there is what have we accomplished that is head and shoulders above them. It's not about who or what program is "impressive" its about establishing ourselves as the superior program in the state of Iowa and that is something we simply haven't done with any consistency lately.

I'm going to start an Iowa fan site called "Wide Receivers and Point Guards" where we can try to solicit those who play the positions to come to Iowa.

How about try putting something on Craigslist.....can't hurt....;)

Reactions: DJL

Latest posts