Drake is the anti-Iowa

SayHawkKid

I've heard 2 comments on the game this Saturday in Des Moines. Both by talk show regulars and both said Iowa is not going to lose to Drake. Did anybody watch the Mn - Drake game? Iowa has tons of problems with smaller guard oriented teams and Drake is a smaller guard oriented team with a lot of experience and they are flat out moving at a rate of speed that Iowa is nowhere near right now. I don't know if CMac is ready to play 30 mins yet and I am not sure how healthy JBo is, but if Drake comes out like they did against Mn, look out.

It'll be a fun matchup. Like Xerxes said Iowa's going to have the size advantage. But Drake has confidence now they should have beaten MN really. So they won't be scared of us (nobody should be) Their pg will be a handful for JBo and rest of team that's for sure. Iowa needs to cut down on turnovers and make free throws. I think we can get them in foul trouble and build up a lead that way. But we have to run the offense smart. Keep the floor spaced and get our big guys touches.

Drake did look pretty good. I wish Iowa had their PG. They better be quick against Iowa. They have no size.

How is it that teams like Drake, UNI and Iowa State always seem to have a quality PG, but we struggle at Iowa getting one?

I couldn't even tell you who Drake's coach is at this moment. Guess I will Google.

But last year you ran around on this board telling us Mike G was honorable mention all conference a really good defender and passer?

I said we would really miss Mike on the defensive end and we did and we still do. He got so much hate on here but in reality he is the best point guard Fran has brought in so far in 8 years.

Last edited:
I've heard 2 comments on the game this Saturday in Des Moines. Both by talk show regulars and both said Iowa is not going to lose to Drake. Did anybody watch the Mn - Drake game? Iowa has tons of problems with smaller guard oriented teams and Drake is a smaller guard oriented team with a lot of experience and they are flat out moving at a rate of speed that Iowa is nowhere near right now. I don't know if CMac is ready to play 30 mins yet and I am not sure how healthy JBo is, but if Drake comes out like they did against Mn, look out.

If we are counting on 30 minutes a game from Conner at any point this season, we're done.

How is it that teams like Drake, UNI and Iowa State always seem to have a quality PG, but we struggle at Iowa getting one?

I couldn't even tell you who Drake's coach is at this moment. Guess I will Google.

As painful as it is for me to say, based on recent success and body of work I don't think it would be off base to say that ISU is currently a better program and we may be neck and neck with UNI. I don't see it being that shocking that teams that are equally as successful (trying not to insinuate they're better) may be better at recruiting or more appealing to PG's around the country.

I said we would really miss Mike on the defensive end and we did and we still do. He got so much hate on here but in reality he is the best point guard Fran has brought in so far in 8 years.
Hard to argue that... As MG was his PG for half of those 8 yrs he wasn't really trying to replace him till recently. Your right about JBo falling into their laps. It'll be interesting to see how Connors career goes and if he ends up being pretty good or not. Long way to go for that talk though.