Doyle Put on Paid Administrative Leave Pending External Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. Jaleel Johnson said he was called in to the office by KF to ask him where he got his Camaro when there were other white players with more expensive vehicles who never got quizzed.

Another player got the same thing when he drove a BMW.

There have been complaints from players about KF on Twitter. Not as many as Doyle and BF, but there have been.

If what Diante Morrow said is true (go back to the ghetto comment by Doyle and KF suspending him and making him apologize) Kirk should be fired.

in my opinion, if people want change, they need to give people the opportunity to change. If Doyle is remorseful and becomes an advocate for change, would that not move the needle more than firing every person who made a racial innuendo or slight in their lifetime? Build bridges don't burn them.

in my opinion, if people want change, they need to give people the opportunity to change. If Doyle is remorseful and becomes an advocate for change, would that not move the needle more than firing every person who made a racial innuendo or slight in their lifetime? Build bridges don't burn them.
From what players are saying it wasn’t just an isolated innuendo.

Read the Twitter posts by players. Rob has retweeted most of them if you want it all in one place.

I don’t know why KF wouldn’t survive this. Not a single complaint has been towards him. A lot of the players specifically stated KF isn’t the problem.

At this time and place in history, he will not survive. This is not the old ways anymore.

That said, the one where he forced a player to apologize for standing up to racists comments....Yes that is a complaint. It will get worse and then they will look at basketball with all the transfers and lack of black players starting and staying here. That is what will happen.

At this time and place in history, he will not survive. This is not the old ways anymore.

That said, the one where he forced a player to apologize for standing up to racists comments....Yes that is a complaint. It will get worse and then they will look at basketball with all the transfers and lack of black players starting and staying here. That is what will happen.
KF gets paid the big money, he is responsible for all inappropriate actions of his staff, ultimately. If Brian goes down, Kirk is gone.

I don’t believe that story at all. It was posted by some anonymous Twitter poster. I think that person is full of shot regardless. No chance KF makes him apologize to the locker room for calling out a racist comment by Doyle. That just doesn’t pass the smell test.

I don’t believe that story at all. It was posted by some anonymous Twitter poster. I think that person is full of shot regardless. No chance KF makes him apologize to the locker room for calling out a racist comment by Doyle. That just doesn’t pass the smell test.

It was Diante Morrow. There is a story by Scott D on the Athletic. Here is his entire quote from the story:

"Doyle made a comment about sending back to the GHETTO. I called him out on it in front of the entire team. I was suspended, KF told me I was out of line and need to apologize for standing up for my self. I'll say this KF has backed Doyle for years, so safe to say he very aware of what goes one. Doyle replays the messages for KF. KF is not innocent by any means. I have multiple witnesses for my situation."

Time will tell. Hope u are right.

I don’t have enough info to have an opinion at this point, but we were worried about Covid-19 putting a halt to fall football...what happens when all D1 programs put their staff under a microscope. We may not have to worry about Covid-19 if theres no coaches to coach or players to play.

The momentum on this thing isn’t great, but if the investigation uncovers Kirk contributed to the problem then he’ll be gone, rightfully so.

We will become a laughing stock and suck for a generation.

Or, Kirk stays and start getting murdered on recruiting by being called the racist school.

We are already fucked either way. The party is over folks.

Have a strong feeling that Iowa is not the Lone Ranger in all this.

Let's see what comes out of other B1G universities in the next week or two.
I see what's going on in Iowa City to be the tip of a very big iceberg. Not to minimize whatever Doyle or Brian have done at all. But no way is this confined to Iowa.

If Doyle is fired and Brian moves elsewhere, would Kirk want to stay?
Hiring Brian when we had a chance to bring in a new OC who could have been a minority hire will go down as a wasted opportunity for Iowa football. Some decisions really can come back to haunt you. Enter Bob Stoops if things go really bad? Don't think he has any skeletons in the closet.

The momentum on this thing isn’t great, but if the investigation uncovers Kirk contributed to the problem then he’ll be gone, rightfully so.

We will become a laughing stock and suck for a generation.

Or, Kirk stays and start getting murdered on recruiting by being called the racist school.

We are already fucked either way. The party is over folks.
This x1000. We’re done.

I haven't been paying attention to the other schools, but Utah has a bigger problem than Iowa does right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.