Doyle Put on Paid Administrative Leave Pending External Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recruiting trail is the issue. The major issue going forward. I don’t know how Iowa gets another out of state black recruit with a ferentz in control. It seems impossible
A little dramatic don't ya think?

“IF” this story is true. Much like #metoo, probably 90 true stories, 10% money extortion and hysteria. I refuse to believe every women and I won’t believe every player.

"If" is absolutely the key. But racism like #metoo are guilty until proven innocent situations right now and will be going forward. I want Kirk to survive this but not at the expense of recruiting and the view of the program.

I'm going to need a see a united front from players that flat out supports KF and this particular event needs multiple witnesses that refute it categorically.

No, it's not out of the question.

Iowa potentially could land out of state guys who’s only other offers are group of 5 schools, but good luck getting another Goodson or deonte craig up against sec or big ten schools

I know it's human nature to overreact in the moment but the sky isn't falling. Doyle will ultimately be fired and this will be forgotten six months from now. Other schools are going to have stories like this come out as well. It's hardly specific to Iowa. Plus if there's college football this fall and Iowa does well everything will be forgiven.

I was listening to some national sports talk radio in the car this afternoon and this was brought up but with no details or any real diving into the issue.

Maybe someone can help me here as I despise twitter and I'm not on Facebook either, but I'm not seeing anything from anyone on the staff to refute these claims or just vouch for the character of Chris Doyle. Raimond Braithwaithe is an African American who has worked for Doyle for like 15 years. Wouldn't someone come out and defend his character at this point...right now...it seems pretty one sided.

Maybe someone can help me here as I despise twitter and I'm not on Facebook either, but I'm not seeing anything from anyone on the staff to refute these claims or just vouch for the character of Chris Doyle. Raimond Braithwaithe is an African American who has worked for Doyle for like 15 years. Wouldn't someone come out and defend his character at this point...right now...it seems pretty one sided.
Would you want to get cancelled? Because that's what will happen if someone does that?

Recruiting for the blue chip guys is already a moral cesspool where kids get attention from psychos on social media calling their rival schools racist or who knows what else. Back when people had regular phones and actually answered them when they rang, kids would get calls in the middle of the night and a fan would tell them that some school is racist then hang up, its more of an SEC thing which makes it even more ironic because there are so many ignorant people in the fan bases there.

This is going to affect anything and everything. You get upset because you didn't like what your boss said........well hop onto twitter and blast away! This is getting way out of hand.

This is going to affect anything and everything. You get upset because you didn't like what your boss said........well hop onto twitter and blast away! This is getting way out of hand.

When your boss is abusive you usually go find a new job. You dont just take it. Or you go postal.

This generation shares EVERYTHING on social media. What else would you expect?

His statement was a disaster. He even noted that they didn't want him to put anything out there and that's exactly why. He didn't apologize have any contrition or anything. He was defiant and was pretty much just forcing Barta & KF to fire him. He's not going to resign is what that confirms. I guess if your guilty of it and want to get another job that's what you do. He's campaigning for his next gig because he has to know he's done here.

Could you imagine being his kid right about now? Holy smokes. That dude is caught right in the crosshairs.

No way, if my boss is gonna get fired and I'm gonna get a promotion and a big raise, there is no way I am riding to his rescue. NO WAY.

As I noted a few days ago, critical race theory is now akin to a religion. It's not visible, provable or disprovable, but those who do not accept it are heretics. Those who do anything to get in its crosshairs are sent to purgatory. Doyle is toast and anyone who defends him is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.