Doyle getting some love

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1DieHardHawk

I'm not on twitter, but I did see that players are coming out to praise him, including Cole Croston and Pat Angerer.

Perhaps someone on twitter can share them.

Regardless of the circumstances, he does deserve a portion of the credit for transforming some players into NFL-caliber athletes, and we have to acknowledge the courage it takes for former players to post positive statements about him.

I'm not on twitter, but I did see that players are coming out to praise him, including Cole Croston and Pat Angerer.

Perhaps someone on twitter can share them.

Regardless of the circumstances, he does deserve a portion of the credit for transforming some players into NFL-caliber athletes, and we have to acknowledge the courage it takes for former players to post positive statements about him.
It won’t let me share them. Basically they said thank you to him, stated he was the reason they are who they are today. Those god damn supporters of racism.

I’ve been a huge Iowa fan for my entire life and I’ve also been a supporter of Kirk Ferentz over the years. I’m saddened and disappointed at the way The Chris Doyle situation was handled. He worked with and alongside KF for 21 years. Much of the success that Iowa attained was credited to Chris Doyle. I am confident he never hid who he was or how he worked to motivate the players. Everyone had to know how he operated and what things were like in the strength and conditioning program. Yet, after those 21 years of loyalty and partnership, when it hit the fan, it was like no one knew what he did it how he did it! He was left out on an island and I don’t think that was right. Iowa wrote him a check, ducked their heads, and pretended we never knew what was going on. Doyle never even had a chance to respond to the allegations. None of that seems like the “ Iowa Way”.

It would be really dumb to claim Doyle never did great stuff. But, the bad stuff was way too much. The whole thing is very sad for many players as well as for Doyle. All we can do at this point is work to avoid racism and bullying in the future. Honestly, that really should not be difficult. You could darn near write directions in a 1 page single spaced memo.

Obviously he must have done SOME good having a job at Iowa for 21 years and being the highest paid strength and conditioning coach in the country. But, unfortunately, the mistakes me made were HUGE and will end up being his demise.

Doyle took the hush money when he could have opened his mouth. He had every chance to respond to the allegations and even make accusations of his own but opted not to for whatever reason. So he did have a chance to publicly address the matter but chose not to, which was his decision.

I've said it before in numerous threads that he was an amazing coach who does deserve credit. Unfortunately though he crossed a line, but that doesn't take from his accomplishments with the program. Whether his comments were unethical or racist is up for debate. However, it doesn't have to be viewed as shocking that former players came out to thank him or give him credit for molding them into what they've become. I'd also venture to say that if you asked some of those that spoke out against his methods whether or not they may have had some positive things to say about his program as well.

Doyle took the hush money when he could have opened his mouth. He had every chance to respond to the allegations and even make accusations of his own but opted not to for whatever reason. So he did have a chance to publicly address the matter but chose not to, which was his decision.

I've said it before in numerous threads that he was an amazing coach who does deserve credit. Unfortunately though he crossed a line, but that doesn't take from his accomplishments with the program. Whether his comments were unethical or racist is up for debate. However, it doesn't have to be viewed as shocking that former players came out to thank him or give him credit for molding them into what they've become. I'd also venture to say that if you asked some of those that spoke out against his methods whether or not they may have had some positive things to say about his program as well.
It was in his best interest to not get into a mudslinging contest too. He knew better then everyone what he himself is guilty of. This not only allows himself to get paid a lot of what he had coming but a chance at getting another job... Remember he didn't admit or apologize for anything. If KF and Barta give him a recommendation he'll land on his feet again. It really was a win win for him and the program to have a clean break like that without anymore damage being done to either side.

Granted as far as whatever else is out there with BF/Wallace/KF himself I guess between this investigation that's ongoing and what all thee other players are going to be saying the program isn't out of the woods. Not even close...

It was in his best interest to not get into a mudslinging contest too. He knew better then everyone what he himself is guilty of. This not only allows himself to get paid a lot of what he had coming but a chance at getting another job... Remember he didn't admit or apologize for anything. If KF and Barta give him a recommendation he'll land on his feet again. It really was a win win for him and the program to have a clean break like that without anymore damage being done to either side.

Granted as far as whatever else is out there with BF/Wallace/KF himself I guess between this investigation that's ongoing and what all thee other players are going to be saying the program isn't out of the woods. Not even close...

I 100% agree it was in his best interest as well and definitely in the best interest of the program. He definitely chose $1.1 Million reasons to keep the demons in the closet for now so everyone wins. He had his chance to be heard and chose the possibility of future employment and financial gain instead.

I 100% agree it was in his best interest as well and definitely in the best interest of the program. He definitely chose $1.1 Million reasons to keep the demons in the closet for now so everyone wins. He had his chance to be heard and chose the possibility of future employment and financial gain instead.
Now if KF were to give him a DJK style recommendation we'll get to see if that has any affect. (I don't think KF would do that to him though) Some folks think that being scarlet lettered a racist is a death sentence for him and others for future employment.

In his case I don't think so here's some reasons why. He's widely renowned as the best strength coach around. This is D1 college football we are talking about here. Everyone looks to hire the best at what they do if they can to get an edge. Folks have already forgotten his name publicly. Nationally he won't move the needle. What pushback if any from fanbases/schools would be small. He may not latch on to anyone this yr (but if he did I wouldn't be surprised by that either) but if he wants to go to work next yr after his name is long forgotten about nationally he'll have his choice just about of where to go.

Doyle has no control over or any idea what this outside “investigation” by a Kansas City law firm is going to find. Could be not much other than uncorroborated claims by a few players. Or considering it’s a bunch of SJW lawyers with little accountability, they could concoct their own Hawkeye version of the sham Mueller report.

At this point Doyle’s s—t stunk in Iowa City. No way he could effectively refute the reports and keep his job. Smart of him to take the $1.1 million and move on.

Which I’m sure he will do.

Doyle has no control over or any idea what this outside “investigation” by a Kansas City law firm is going to find. Could be not much other than uncorroborated claims by a few players. Or considering it’s a bunch of SJW lawyers with little accountability, they could concoct their own Hawkeye version of the sham Mueller report.

At this point Doyle’s s—t stunk in Iowa City. No way he could effectively refute the reports and keep his job. Smart of him to take the $1.1 million and move on.

I totally agree he made the right move. All I'm saying is that if he was truly a scapegoat he had every opportunity to blow this thing up. Hopefully there were no demons in the closet and this works out in the best interest of all parties involved.

"Sham Mueller report" Hahahahahahahahah. You preorder Bolton's book yet?

It would be really dumb to claim Doyle never did great stuff. But, the bad stuff was way too much. The whole thing is very sad for many players as well as for Doyle. All we can do at this point is work to avoid racism and bullying in the future. Honestly, that really should not be difficult. You could darn near write directions in a 1 page single spaced memo.

He straddled that line over the years and apparently crossed it on occasion. Many of us do that. Today is a different situation than 20 yrs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts