Don't Dismiss the Les Jepsen Talk

So we now know that Jes is not going to be the head coach, is there any doubt that he is the "former player" Fran the man was referring to in his press conference? Imagine how impressive Les will be in these kids living rooms.... It would look something like this....

short_1477545c.jpg

Based on my in-depth research, this thread is now 9th in all-time views on the basketball forum of this site and 5th in replies.

Nice work Billso... you glorious SOB.

Based on my in-depth research, this thread is now 9th in all-time views on the basketball forum of this site and 5th in replies.

Nice work Billso... you glorious SOB.

True, but yesterday's thread about me and my apparently inexcusable Twitter update is right there around the #17 ranking in just 1 day, which can only mean one thing....

I am half as important as Les Jepsen.

True, but yesterday's thread about me and my apparently inexcusable Twitter update is right there around the #17 ranking in just 1 day, which can only mean one thing....

and probably half as tall. Les is listed on my 87 roster as being 12' 2"...

Storm--

I think everybody's jaw dropped when they heard it was Fran--because he came out of virtually nowhere. If anybody tells you that their first impression wasn't "WTF", they are probably not being honest. The rest of us just don't have a twitter account that anyone cares to follow (or, as in my case, don't have one at all).

That said, there will be people on here that will give you endless trash if Fran is successful (which I know you are rooting for despite this), even though they had the same initial response as you. You should try not to lose any sleep over it.

Storm--

I think everybody's jaw dropped when they heard it was Fran--because he came out of virtually nowhere. If anybody tells you that their first impression wasn't "WTF", they are probably not being honest. The rest of us just don't have a twitter account that anyone cares to follow (or, as in my case, don't have one at all).

That said, there will be people on here that will give you endless trash if Fran is successful (which I know you are rooting for despite this), even though they had the same initial response as you. You should try not to lose any sleep over it.

If there's one thing I have learned in my last 5 years as I get more involved with writing stories, making comments, etc... with Hawkeye Sports on this site, it's to not take things personally. I had a hard time with that a few years ago, but now I am getting better at it.

I do appreciate the support and comments from you and everyone else on this thread (as well as elsewhere I have met, talked to, emailed, PMed, etc...) It might not mean much for some to extend their appreciation, but it does mean a lot to me... honestly.

My reaction wasn't really "WTF", it was more of a "who?". But I'm warming up to the decision, and liked what I heard from his welcoming speech. He seems to have a solid plan of action to get this program in the right direction.

My reaction wasn't really "WTF", it was more of a "who?". But I'm warming up to the decision, and liked what I heard from his welcoming speech. He seems to have a solid plan of action to get this program in the right direction.

I don't really like this thread turning in to a legitimate basketball discussion:D:D:D

No matter what I'm still so proud of the effort Les put forward to turn this program around...... I understand he had the ear of the search committee and said if not him then Fran.....

Latest posts