Don't Dismiss the Les Jepsen Talk

Billso

He's tall. He's from Dakota. A well-placed source with longstanding ties to Bowbells athletics asked Les about potential interest in "the job" at Iowa and Les responded "You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me!"
lj.jpg

I have been trying to find a way to work Les into a post for about a week, but I couldn't have done it any better than you did.

He had a heck of a senior year.

To this day buying Les's Upper Deck rookie card for $75 is the smartest investment ive ever made. Las Jepsen trading cards are about the only recession proof commodity left

To this day buying Les's Upper Deck rookie card for $75 is the smartest investment ive ever made. Las Jepsen trading cards are about the only recession proof commodity left

Is this sarcasm or true? Not a collector, so I have no idea.

Noone would recruit the Dakotas and Western Minny any better than Les...and he's REALLY good at changin' lightbulbs...provided they've been given proper time to cool down...but hey, who among us HASN'T faltered in a "too hot" bulb situation!?!?

Last edited:

you mean $0.75?

I'd say it was still a poor investment.

Noone would recruit the Dakotas and Western Minny any better than Les...and he's REALLY good at changin' lightbulbs...provided they've been given proper time to cool down...but hey, who among us HASN'T faltered in a "too hot" bulb situation!?!?

Did someone say Situation?

mike_0644.jpg

Skinner is interested. He is open to talking with GarBar, but I think he is leaning more toward the head coaching position.

If Gary doesn't reach out to him, I'm done with him as an AD. I've got it from well placed adn seasoned sources that Les really, really wants to turn this program around, and leave his realtor job for 5 or so years if that is what it takes. He is sooo ready to get out of the twin cities weather....

I'll go back to a previous thread and throw out the possibility of the only all 7 footer coaching staff with Jepsen, Lohaus, and Hansen.

Cmon guys, SARCASM!

I dont think anyone has ever bought a Les Jepsen card

Mine was also sarcasm. The only way that a Les Jepsen card would sell for that amount would be if it was a "mistake card", such as stating that his name was "Les Nessman" or accidentally showing his junk through those booty-cutter shorts they wore back in the day.

Mine was also sarcasm. The only way that a Les Jepsen card would sell for that amount would be if it was a "mistake card", such as stating that his name was "Les Nessman" or accidentally showing his junk through those booty-cutter shorts they wore back in the day.

The infamous "junk" card - something all collectors dream about

Latest posts