DOG POUND

Fair enough. I don't know enough about Patrick to know any better, but I'm more likely to believe the "experts" who get paid to do this stuff for a living. They get a lot of things wrong, but they're usually pretty accurate when it comes to the top players in each class.

If Fran wasn't his dad, I'd be really curious to see what kind of offers he'd have right now. Wisconsin? Kansas?
Yeah that's a we'll never know kinda deal. I think a part of that might be what other recruits can he help lure in? Do other really good kids want to play with him? I think he's working on Carton and others. A player of Patricks type/style would be fun to play with. I don't think he's a me me me kinda kid. If anything I bet his team wishes he'd have some more of Wieskamp in him. That's a kid that isn't shy about taking advantage of his touches. There's light ahead of the tunnel for this team I think it's just down there aways yet.

I expect a top 50 recruit to come in and start and contribute on this team, immediately. That's all I know. We'll see if
Hey, I can relate. I was 6'8" when I graduated high school and weighed 155. As my dad said, I could stand under a clothesline in a rainstorm and not get wet. I was 210 when I graduated college. I'm at 255 now (40 years out of college). And I ate a LOT when I was in HS. I went to Happy Joe's and ordered a large sourkraut and Canadian bacon pizza and ate it all myself; I could also eat and entire bucket of KFC. I couldn't put on weight then. Now I look at that stuff and gain 5 pounds.

There are things he can do, but I'm sure his bout with cancer has something to do with his low weight. And the longer he is cancer free the better he can put on the weight.
Dude.....6'8 - 155??? Somalian Stallion.

I nailed Woody and Marble pretty much on the head. White I missed. Nailed MG too and others including Pem so far.. Hope I'm wrong and he's White or Better. Jok with his injury was impossible to guess.

JBo is about what one would expect out of a Bo. He will be pretty darn good as a senior if he has a support cast.
I'd be interested to see what your takes were on all of these players. How about a recap of what you thought they'd be so we can see how you 'nailed' it.

No matter what anyone around here thinks, it is an honor to be one of 24 hs athletes chosen to be highlighted at the Final Four.....

Whoever chooses the players is not going to automatically take a coaches son who doesn't have talent.....

Patrick's weight, is what it is, for someone who had life-threatening brain surgery to remove a malignant tumor.....

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/11/20/patrick-mccaffery-iowa-hawkeyes-will-green

Perhaps that is the only reason the experts have rated him as one of the top 30 high school basketball players in the country. Perhaps he has the talent that they use as a measuring tool.....

He certainly has basketball skills as Lightning commented. Anyone who says otherwise does not understand basketball very well. simply that. Perhaps he will gain some weight during the next two years. We shall see.....

He does appear to be able to attack the rim in traffic which is a skill that is almost absent this season for the Hawks.....

He has played well against top competition. We shall see how he does in the games at the Final Four.....

He does have his senior season, AAU, select tournaments, and All-Star games to develop his skills.....

Maybe the reason he doesn't score 30 or more points every high school game is that he shares the ball with talented teammates who can also score.....

He does appear to have the basketball savvy that Connor has. This team desperately needs that factor. Bonannon, Baer, and Kriener also have that capacity, which is difficult to apply on the current team.....

Not expecting a win at all tonight, but would like to see a respectable effort.....

:cool:

I'd be interested to see what your takes were on all of these players. How about a recap of what you thought they'd be so we can see how you 'nailed' it.

Couldn't jump. Was a presence. Not particularly aggressive. Not much scoring and so on with Woody.

Marble could only go one direction.

Mike, just never saw him as a point guard for a p5.

Pem slow and undersized. I'd have to find your original to get the rest. As a coach I liked to scout.

I expect a top 50 recruit to come in and start and contribute on this team, immediately. That's all I know. We'll see if

Dude.....6'8 - 155??? Somalian Stallion.

Yeah. If you're familiar with the mid-80s KGGO radio team Moffett and Morgan (I went to HS with Moffett) I was "the poster child for the Ethiopia Health Club".

Right, a guy can change his mind right? I mean, we're having discussion here. I didn't dig in. I've always been civil with TK - now homey's putting me on blast. You guys tend to help shape my opinion on things. I am here for outside views other then my own. I would like to see Iowa have a new AD. This whole Fran contract just might lead to it. If you have a different opinion then mine, I hope you continue to post it.

Most people on here only see in black and white. They can't have their opinions shaped "a little bit". They could only completely chance their mind, or not change their mind. They can either hate Fran or love him.

I'm more of a "1-100 scale guy". My opinion of Fran could be at a 73, then I could read a negative post I like and it would change my opinion of him to a 67. Then I could read a positive post that makes a good point and it could climb to a 71. Then I could watch a terrible year play out and it could drop to a 55. My opinion of things are constantly changing a small amount one way or the other. That's why I love discussing the hawks so much. I couldn't imagine being as black or white as some people.

What is snowflake syndrome, I’ve heard it on FOX news but I don’t understand it. Is it a name you call somebody when you are mad at them. Just wonder.

I think these "dogs" will have more bite next year. Jack and Luca are getting more experienced every game. Now that Jack is getting steady playing time, you can see steady improvement. C Mac will probably play point next year giving J Bo time at the 2. Weiskamp will be heard from and maybe the Kid from Kentucky will be a surprise. I do wish a coach would be hired that is strictly defensively minded. It could only help.

What is snowflake syndrome, I’ve heard it on FOX news but I don’t understand it. Is it a name you call somebody when you are mad at them. Just wonder.
It's when a person is so sensitive that they overreact to every little comment. The perpetual victim. Always defensive to the point where they can't reasonably converse.

It's when a person is so sensitive that they overreact to every little comment. The perpetual victim. Always defensive to the point where they can't reasonably converse.
Why are you treating me this way? People always misunderstand me, I won’t be subjected to this abuse any further!

Hey, I can relate. I was 6'8" when I graduated high school and weighed 155. As my dad said, I could stand under a clothesline in a rainstorm and not get wet. I was 210 when I graduated college. I'm at 255 now (40 years out of college). And I ate a LOT when I was in HS. I went to Happy Joe's and ordered a large sourkraut and Canadian bacon pizza and ate it all myself; I could also eat and entire bucket of KFC. I couldn't put on weight then. Now I look at that stuff and gain 5 pounds.

There are things he can do, but I'm sure his bout with cancer has something to do with his low weight. And the longer he is cancer free the better he can put on the weight.

Good God, but that Happy Joe's Special was outstanding back in the day. Haven't been to one in ten years, so no idea if there are even any left?

Most people on here only see in black and white. They can't have their opinions shaped "a little bit". They could only completely chance their mind, or not change their mind. They can either hate Fran or love him.

I'm more of a "1-100 scale guy". My opinion of Fran could be at a 73, then I could read a negative post I like and it would change my opinion of him to a 67. Then I could read a positive post that makes a good point and it could climb to a 71. Then I could watch a terrible year play out and it could drop to a 55. My opinion of things are constantly changing a small amount one way or the other. That's why I love discussing the hawks so much. I couldn't imagine being as black or white as some people.

Fran lost me on radio when he droned on and on about Mrs. McCaffery being a "huge" fan of Barack Obama and how she was going to a rally that day. You wanna be "good" in politics, fine. But don't do it at my alma mater if you're gonna suck at coaching and throw tantrums and fade from "really good" to "barely mediocre" each season.

He seems like a decent enough guy. He has embraced CMS40s place in history within the program with honor and respect. But he has also had damn near every one of his teams "fold" at some pretty critical times each season, has the "tantrum" damn near every year, and seems to have lost the team. Playing MSU "tough" 50% of the time isn't enough.

Fran lost me on radio when he droned on and on about Mrs. McCaffery being a "huge" fan of Barack Obama and how she was going to a rally that day. You wanna be "good" in politics, fine. But don't do it at my alma mater if you're gonna suck at coaching and throw tantrums and fade from "really good" to "barely mediocre" each season.

He seems like a decent enough guy. He has embraced CMS40s place in history within the program with honor and respect. But he has also had damn near every one of his teams "fold" at some pretty critical times each season, has the "tantrum" damn near every year, and seems to have lost the team. Playing MSU "tough" 50% of the time isn't enough.

What does Mrs Fran being a Obama fan have to do with anything, be you Fran or Bob?

Politics exists in every realm. It exists on this forum. It exists in the Athletic Department. It exists at the U.

Latest posts