Does eno sign with iowa

The staff broke away because of Eric Graham. We have plenty of time to recruit someone 100x better than Graham now.

Still think it was stupid to pull Eno's offer. I'd rather have a 50/50 shot at Eno and falling back on an Eric Graham than no shot at Eno at all. Plus we don't know any of these kids were going after now are any better than Graham

Still think it was stupid to pull Eno's offer. I'd rather have a 50/50 shot at Eno and falling back on an Eric Graham than no shot at Eno at all. Plus we don't know any of these kids were going after now are any better than Graham

I simply don't know enough to know if it was deserved or not to pull Eno's scholarship. I do trust the coaches on this though, as they have been recruiting him for 2 years, and they know he is a big time recruit. If they walked away, they did it was a heavy heart, and know that they now wasted a lot of time and energy on a kid who won't be here.

It amuses me when fans think they have more invested in these programs than the coaches. Whether successful or not these coaches spend unimaginable time and energy and focus on what they do.

I simply don't know enough to know if it was deserved or not to pull Eno's scholarship. I do trust the coaches on this though, as they have been recruiting him for 2 years, and they know he is a big time recruit. If they walked away, they did it was a heavy heart, and know that they now wasted a lot of time and energy on a kid who won't be here.

It amuses me when fans think they have more invested in these programs than the coaches. Whether successful or not these coaches spend unimaginable time and energy and focus on what they do.

You trust the coaches on everything

We were going to be in it with Eno until the end, I don't know how anyone could believe differently. I think Ferentz's ego got in the way of this one

I don't know what happened that made the staff change it's mind on Eno. It could be a million things, heck maybe he said he was gonna keep taking visits, I don't know.

You could see this coming though. If kid wants to take visits he should, yet obviously Eno wasn't "all in" on Iowa. He visited Missouri for God's sake. You can't convince me that he was being upfront with the staff when he snuck off for two visits to two schools where you just think WTF man? That is why I posted what I did on Oct. 12, you could just tell he was halfway out the door.

I don't know what happened that made the staff change it's mind on Eno. It could be a million things, heck maybe he said he was gonna keep taking visits, I don't know.

You could see this coming though. If kid wants to take visits he should, yet obviously Eno wasn't "all in" on Iowa. He visited Missouri for God's sake. You can't convince me that he was being upfront with the staff when he snuck off for two visits to two schools where you just think WTF man? That is why I posted what I did on Oct. 12, you could just tell he was halfway out the door.

Even if he is halfway out the door you still have to continue to recruit him until the end in my opinion

This one just feels like don't have a good grasp on going after big time recruits. We all saw the scholarship offer these guys got in the mail and most saw the of "Not taking anymore visits". Granted the kid shouldn't have committed if he was unsure in anyway but can you blame them for wanting to take the visits and be fawned over?
We have all seen the Calloway decommit coming for weeks, btw has anyone actually heard or seen him say he's out yet, but I think this one was a surprise to everybody but the coaching staff.
If Iowa wants to do more than dip its toes in the water of bringing in a 4star recruit more than once every few years they need to adapt to the ever changing landscape of big time recruiting. I know I'm blowing smoke here cause the Cap'n hasn't changed his philosophy on anything in 18 years though.

Here are two simple changes that need to be made to college football recruiting.

These kids need to be able to make official visits during the summer when they have time to do so. Keeping them from doing so is just stupid. They don't have to try to cram a visit in right after a HS football game and can take some time and enjoy the visit.

Early signing period. Let them sign before their HS Sr. season starts and the beginning of the college football starts. Like an Aug. 10 signing date. It works out great for basketball. Before the college and high school seasons kick in they can sign (if they want) and enjoy their Sr. year in HS.

This would really make schools be selective with early offers. No more Alabama, OSU, Mich's of the world throwing out offers left and right and accepting commitments only to kick them to the curb once a better recruit comes along.

The 3 most likely are Soko, Jordan Rowell or Andrew Clair. Now maybe there are others that are under the radar....Or maybe they only bring in one RB and use this scholly on a different position. If that means they can get a big fast playmaking WR, I'm all for it.

I think I'd rather just roll with Kelly-Martin and call it a day at RB. Not that impressed with either of these guys if we can use that scholly on a better prospect at a different position. Maybe Soko can be a preferred walk on? The kid has accounted for less than 1k yards of total offense on a 5-4 team.

So if Eno wasn't committed yet, the staff obviously wouldn't care if he took visits. I wonder if Eno really wanted to come here (which I highly doubt) if he could call the staff up on signing day and commit if there was still a spot available. Or maybe a month passes and he says he got his visits out, sorry for everything, can I recommit?

This one just feels like don't have a good grasp on going after big time recruits. We all saw the scholarship offer these guys got in the mail and most saw the of "Not taking anymore visits". Granted the kid shouldn't have committed if he was unsure in anyway but can you blame them for wanting to take the visits and be fawned over?
We have all seen the Calloway decommit coming for weeks, btw has anyone actually heard or seen him say he's out yet, but I think this one was a surprise to everybody but the coaching staff.
If Iowa wants to do more than dip its toes in the water of bringing in a 4star recruit more than once every few years they need to adapt to the ever changing landscape of big time recruiting. I know I'm blowing smoke here cause the Cap'n hasn't changed his philosophy on anything in 18 years though.

* Maybe Rob H. can offer some insight on where this staff is spending their time this week as an example of your point. Numerous programs around the country have sent a majority of their staff (including head coach) out on the recruiting trails during their bye week for personal visits. To me, this is a barometer of sorts as to where recruiting falls on the list of priorities.

* Iowa needs to recognize they don't "own" these recruits until they sign. Rules apply when you are a member of the team. The elite talent has the leverage in the process regardless of what Iowa wants to try to enforce.

* Maybe Rob H. can offer some insight on where this staff is spending their time this week as an example of your point. Numerous programs around the country have sent a majority of their staff (including head coach) out on the recruiting trails during their bye week for personal visits. To me, this is a barometer of sorts as to where recruiting falls on the list of priorities.

* Iowa needs to recognize they don't "own" these recruits until they sign. Rules apply when you are a member of the team. The elite talent has the leverage in the process regardless of what Iowa wants to try to enforce.

It appears every other coaching staff in the country realizes that but ours

It appears every other coaching staff in the country realizes that but ours

Now that is funny.

They are fully aware that kids can be looking elsewhere. And there have been kids that have taken other visits in the past after giving their verbal to Iowa who Iowa didn't pull their offer. My guess it goes a lot deeper than what has been made public and probably a lack of communication and or other info that led Iowa coaches to believe that Eno for whatever reason wasn't being completely honest with them.

None of us know all the facts and I wished that Eno was still coming to Iowa. The coaches obviously felt that they needed to move on and that is what happened. We can all assume the coaches are idiots and don't know what they are doing but I highly doubt it's as simple as him taking other visits as to why Iowa cut him loose. I'm sure it's a little more complicated than everyone is trying to make it out to be.

Now that is funny.

They are fully aware that kids can be looking elsewhere. And there have been kids that have taken other visits in the past after giving their verbal to Iowa who Iowa didn't pull their offer. My guess it goes a lot deeper than what has been made public and probably a lack of communication and or other info that led Iowa coaches to believe that Eno for whatever reason wasn't being completely honest with them.

None of us know all the facts and I wished that Eno was still coming to Iowa. The coaches obviously felt that they needed to move on and that is what happened. We can all assume the coaches are idiots and don't know what they are doing but I highly doubt it's as simple as him taking other visits as to why Iowa cut him loose. I'm sure it's a little more complicated than everyone is trying to make it out to be.

Thank you, I feel like I'm going insane around here. It is like any kind of logical thought is not just not allowed on here, and instead the mindless reign supreme!

We were going to be in it with Eno until the end, I don't know how anyone could believe differently. I think Ferentz's ego got in the way of this one

I think Eno wasn't completely honest with the Iowa staff and he fell out of Kirk's circle of trust. Once you fall out of the C of T, you're finished in Kirk's mind.

As far as I see it, any 'commitment' isn't solid until the paper is signed.

Let him look. If Iowa's staff/facilities are as good as advertised, the recruit will gravitate back towards Iowa.

I can't believe we got our panties in a bunch over this.

I think Eno wasn't completely honest with the Iowa staff and he fell out of Kirk's circle of trust. Once you fall out of the C of T, you're finished in Kirk's mind.

While absolutely true, the premise in which that 'trust' is based is flawed.