Does Carver Ice-cream taste great after 8pm?!? Official Northwestern/Iowa game thread

He’s got a big party/banquet/business meeting room in Carver named after him which for sporting events is basically a bar for super rich people. They hangout there before basketball games and wrestling duals, and they go there during halftime/intermission. If you’ve ever been to a game or meet, you’ll see a big group of people head out through the tunnel at halftime or intermission…That’s where they’re going.

Feller gives a shitload of money so he can try to play a very low rent version of Mark Cuban. Flies with the team (pretty weird if you ask me to be starstruck over teenagers to the point where you’re a groupie of sorts) and coaches “dislike” the guy.

I’ve had the misfortune to meet the guy a few times at wrestling duals and he’s a total sociopath. You get the vibe strongly about 15 seconds after meeting him. Dave Revsine (Big Ten announcer) called him out on Twitter for running around like an idiot and blocking his view during a big play, and Feller responded by telling Revsine to shut up and that he makes his living because of “people like me.”

Long story short: Feller has an extremely small dong and makes up for it by buying his perceived importance, and is a necessary hanger-on that no one of real importance likes. The money is important so unfortunately they have to let little brother hang around.
With all the TV money now, how much cash do you have to give to be allowed to fly with the team? It's gonna be a $100M a year soon - how could one doctor's donation be all that important moving forward?

That might be one advantage of all the TV cash in years ahead. Unless you are a mega donor, I'd think a school could pretty much ignore you if you're too big of an asshole.

I stand firm on my assessment of Settles. He was basically Tyler Cook with a better midrange jumper, and twenty years from now Cook wont get near the love Settles does.

Even Aaron White doesn't get the love Settles does. White was a better player than Settles, statistically and otherwise, in any way you slice it.

You had a plethora of 6'7, 6'8 Iowa kids in the Davis/Alford eras who were similar players who rolled off the assembly line like factory products. Al Lorenzen, Matt Bullard, Chris Street, Russ Millard, Settles, Ryan Bowen, Jacob Jaacks, Glen Worley, Greg Brunner. How many them would you rank ahead of Settles? I'd say Bullard, Street, Bowen and Brunner for sure.
The program had twice as many years to connect to Settles than to Cook. And he's an Iowa born player. That explains why he's thought of more fondly than Cook maybe. But im not sure he gets any more love as far as skill as a player than Cook did. Really the joke about him playing 6 years and the fact that he announces games is the main reasons he comes up in conversation.

Latest posts