Do you want Fran fired?

Do you want Fran fired after this season?

• Yes

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 51 52.0%

• Total voters
It's nothing internal. We are the least talented team in the conference. Of all the years I have been watching Iowa basketball I have never seen players this slow and unathletic as some of these players on the current roster. Some of these guys make Seth Gorney look like a speed demon

Speed Demon Seth Gorney

:cool:

Nope. I learned a long time ago not to make decisions when emotions are running high, especially my own.

Assuming the season continues to play out like it has do you want to see Fran fired after this season? I vote yes because I think if we don't do it this year we ended up keeping him one year too long.
You should have selected the "display votes publicly" option.

I voted no as it is the first "bad season" with probably too high of expectations. That being said I need to see Mac playing the guys that are performing and not the guys he wishes to perform. Players who don't deserve to be playing are starting and players that have been doing well struggle for minutes. He needs to use the rest of the season to find the players that he can count on next year and encourage the rest to find another college. Oh, and gotta find a point guard or at least an athletic 6' 3 or better player that WANTS to play defense.

I wonder if he regrets how he handled Fleming and Hutton . I think they would have been two of the better talented players on this roster

I wonder if he regrets how he handled Fleming and Hutton . I think they would have been two of the better talented players on this roster

Hutton would have added athleticism, but in terms of basketball talent neither would add much. They are playing for powerhouses Northwestern State and Lipscomb and still not really doing anything. Somehow they would be two of the better players on this Iowa team though?

This team has A LOT of problems. They wouldn't solve those problems.

Hutton would have added athleticism, but in terms of basketball talent neither would add much. They are playing for powerhouses Northwestern State and Lipscomb and still not really doing anything. Somehow they would be two of the better players on this Iowa team though?

Yeah, cuz so many of the guys on this Hawkeye team would do so much at those schools as well...

That’s why I said THIS roster

Yeah, cuz so many of the guys on this Hawkeye team would do so much at those schools as well...

That's literally not the argument. I was saying I don't see how those two would help this team when their stats suggest they aren't really helping their current teams. Similarly, I don't think anyone on this team would see their stats suffer by going to those two schools.

That's literally not the argument. I was saying I don't see how those two would help this team when their stats suggest they aren't really helping their current teams. Similarly, I don't think anyone on this team would see their stats suffer by going to those two schools.
I guess my point is that Hutton would help on the defensive side, which is where we need a lot of help.

I voted yes too. It's not that I have any issues with Fran as a person, but I simply think his time came and went and we need new blood, mindsets, and coaching philosophy to bring the program back to life. I'm not sure if whether or not he's a good coach with the occasional bad years or a bad coach with the occasional good years, but I do know I'm ready to try something different.
If you don’t know by year 8 whether Fran is a good coach for Iowa I would submit you’re afraid to acknowledge the answer in front of you — he’s not. He’s had adequate time to show whether he can cut it. He clearly can’t.

I realize if he’s gone this year that may mean the loss of his sons and Weiskamp and a step back. So be it. IMHO Barta needs to begin the rebuilding process now.

Latest posts