Do you enjoy Iowa football still?

DrKnipe

I watched more OSU-ND than Iowa. These last several years have been really bad offensively. There won’t be anything different the rest of the year. I’ve been watching as an Iowa fan since the first game I can remember (Freedom Bowl ‘84). But watching this team has become a bore. I couldn’t have imagined myself being so apathetic about the Hawkeyes.

I do. I enjoy it so much it hurts way more than it should when they lose.

But, when they are this bad, I pull away. Then they're just there. I don't care if there's a wedding I have to go to. Or my kids have a lacrosse game. I will go out and rake the leaves and only pop in to see the score.

It makes life easy and way less stressful when they're this incapable and essentially irrelevant. This is also a consequence of this push to make the NC the be-all end-all. And with the expansion and additions, this looks to become the absolute norm...pulling away due to irrelevance. And that will happen even with a decent offense, going forward.

The money and desire to have an NC be such a big thing will ultimately deliver ruinous results to college football as a whole.

I will always watch them...but I must admit it....I have zero hope for them even if they made it to Indy....which I don't think they will...even with the soft schedule moving forward. It would take a complete 180 to change my mind...and they would need to look competent in a win against Wisconsin for me to think they would have a chance against a Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, etc. The old man use to be able to hang with these guys and occasionally best them...those days seem to be long gone.

Yes, I still enjoy it and look forward to it. It is a kid thing, been following the program since I was 9 and some 40 years later I still pay attention, I still care. Extract what you will from that.

I no longer can watch an Iowa game live on TV. I record it and start watching the recording about 1.5 hours after the start. Then I fast forward through all the commercials and the "slow" parts.

I pretty much fast forwarded through 90% of the 2nd half of the PSU game. It made the whole thing much less painful while I still got the idea of what happened.

I should also say this.....I still want Iowa in the title game if possible. Will they get blown out.....99% chance yes......but you can't win the conference if you don't play in it. Any given Saturday.

This will also be Iowa's last chance to get there in probably a long time.

I watched more OSU-ND than Iowa. These last several years have been really bad offensively. There won’t be anything different the rest of the year. I’ve been watching as an Iowa fan since the first game I can remember (Freedom Bowl ‘84). But watching this team has become a bore. I couldn’t have imagined myself being so apathetic about the Hawkeyes.
It wouldn't be so bad except we had zero chance to even compete last night. We didn't belong on the field with PSU. We are nothing more than a Mountain West team or a Mid American Conference team. Total disappointment!

God help me I’m a Hawkeye addict, but recently I am losing interest in the men’s basketball team and it’s creeping into football. It’s tiring to ALWAYS be less athletic than our opponents. Even with our recent superstars in MBB Fran can’t win meaningful games in postseason and the Iowa football team is starting to follow suit. Penn State game was decided by those two early T/Os. Penn State has an elite team with an elite QB. Take away the two T/Os and recover the muffed punt, who knows, Iowa maybe hangs. I say we take away all the scollies from the offense and only recruit D players. We could use the scout team to run offense. Would it be much different?

God help me I’m a Hawkeye addict, but recently I am losing interest in the men’s basketball team and it’s creeping into football. It’s tiring to ALWAYS be less athletic than our opponents. Even with our recent superstars in MBB Fran can’t win meaningful games in postseason and the Iowa football team is starting to follow suit. Penn State game was decided by those two early T/Os. Penn State has an elite team with an elite QB. Take away the two T/Os and recover the muffed punt, who knows, Iowa maybe hangs. I say we take away all the scollies from the offense and only recruit D players. We could use the scout team to run offense. Would it be much different?
I will say.....Penn St is good.....but I don't think they are all that either. They are cannon fodder if they were to make it to the playoffs.

No. I think apathy is really going to start setting in now. I also think this is the last year for the Ferentz coaching era.

Needs to be the last year. Goodness sake been here 25 years. We have the facilities, the money, could not be in better position to move into the future.

I do. I enjoy it so much it hurts way more than it should when they lose.

But, when they are this bad, I pull away. Then they're just there. I don't care if there's a wedding I have to go to. Or my kids have a lacrosse game. I will go out and rake the leaves and only pop in to see the score.

It makes life easy and way less stressful when they're this incapable and essentially irrelevant. This is also a consequence of this push to make the NC the be-all end-all. And with the expansion and additions, this looks to become the absolute norm...pulling away due to irrelevance. And that will happen even with a decent offense, going forward.

The money and desire to have an NC be such a big thing will ultimately deliver ruinous results to college football as a whole.
You sir, deserve a "like". Nice post and take.

I do enjoy it. I just don't jump off a cliff every time we lose because I have more important things in my life. For example, my boys play on our HS FB team. If I had to pick one team to win in a given weekend, it's my boys' team AINEC. My daughters' VB teams are pretty important to me too. I'll go to the MSU game next Saturday and enjoy the gameday experience like always. Wins in person are awesome. Losses in person suck, but I don't let them ruin me.