Do I have this right?

If it comes down to a 3 or 4 way tie, and the head-to-head stuff can't be sorted out, does it come down to overall record, then? That's where I see OSU has the edge, at 22-8.

But, I think Iowa will beat NW and OSU will lose @Wisky, so it hopefully won't be an issue anyway.

Oh well, maybe it's easier just to see who wins and go with the flow. :D

If record against opponents you are tied with doesn't sort it out, then they start with record against the best team in conference and work their way down. In a 3 way tie with Purdue, OSU, and Iowa, our record against them is 2-1, Purdue's is also 2-1, OSU is 1-2. OSU gets eliminated and they compare iowa and Purdue's record against Wisconsin. We both lost so they move down to Maryland. We beat them so we win the tiebreaker.

If record against opponents you are tied with doesn't sort it out, then they start with record against the best team in conference and work their way down. In a 3 way tie with Purdue, OSU, and Iowa, our record against them is 2-1, Purdue's is also 2-1, OSU is 1-2. OSU gets eliminated and they compare iowa and Purdue's record against Wisconsin. We both lost so they move down to Maryland. We beat them so we win the tiebreaker.

Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation.

B. Multiple team tie:

1. Results of head-to-head competition during the regular-season.

a. When comparing records against the tied teams, the team with the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group are unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1, but 2-0 is not better than 1-0).

b. After the top team among the tied teams is determined, the second team is ranked by its record among the original tied teams, not the head-to-head record vs. the remaining team(s).

If it comes down to a 3 or 4 way tie, and the head-to-head stuff can't be sorted out, does it come down to overall record, then? That's where I see OSU has the edge, at 22-8.

But, I think Iowa will beat NW and OSU will lose @Wisky, so it hopefully won't be an issue anyway.

Oh well, maybe it's easier just to see who wins and go with the flow. :D

the tiebreaker is who has the best round robin record between the 3 or 4 teams. In 3 or 4 teams it's MSU best and OSU the worse leaving Iowa and Purdue. You'd think it'd go to Purdue since Purdue beat Iowa, but it doesn't it's round robin against orginal teams. Iowa and Purdue both went 2-1.(this is why it's good OSU is in the tiebreaker and we need them to win). It goes to 2nd tiebreaker which is best conference win which is Iowa beating the #2 seed Maryland.

Man, the more I read this thread...

It boils down to WE need to win and let the chips fall where they may...which is pretty much what 1977 said :)

In other words, just win...

Would it be really weird to watch TWO days of games without seeing the Hawks? Sort of like the old 18-team Big East, or however many that dinosaur had.

I'm honestly not so convinced having a double bye is all that good. Dunno...seems like I'd like to have at least one game under my belt before I took on Wisky or MSU, etc, in a strange environment.

When you're on a roll like Iowa is, the Spock answer is to get out there and jump it up!, not wait around watching in the bleachers.

Would it be really weird to watch TWO days of games without seeing the Hawks? Sort of like the old 18-team Big East, or however many that dinosaur had.

Dont worry nobodies actually going to watch the 1st round anyway. 4 worst teams "battling" it out? CANT WAIT

I'm honestly not so convinced having a double bye is all that good. Dunno...seems like I'd like to have at least one game under my belt before I took on Wisky or MSU, etc, in a strange environment.

When you're on a roll like Iowa is, the Spock answer is to get out there and jump it up!, not wait around watching in the bleachers.

I go back and forth. Part of me wants to keep playing in order to keep feeding Big Mo. The other part wants to get an extra day of rest to have the energy to push for a BTT title.

Iowa will likely get the #5 seed.

Fine by me.

If they get a #4 seed, that will be a little better, but I agree about playing sooner.

Iowa will likely get the #5 seed.

Fine by me.

If they get a #4 seed, that will be a little better, but I agree about playing sooner.

3 games have to all go a certain way for us to get the 5 seed. It's actually unlikely for that to happen.

Latest posts