Do I have this right?

We don't control our own destiny. But there are a lot of ways for us to get the double bye. I will be thrilled with 12-6 and a tie for 3rd...no matter where we are seeded.

We need to beat Northwestern and either MSU or Purdue needs to lose if we want the double bye. We own the tiebreaker over Ohio State, but MSU and Purdue beat us head to head so we lose a tiebreaker to both of them. I don't like Indiana's chances of beating MSU so I'll be hoping Illinois can knock off Purdue.

We need to beat Northwestern and either MSU or Purdue needs to lose if we want the double bye. We own the tiebreaker over Ohio State, but MSU and Purdue beat us head to head so we lose a tiebreaker to both of them. I don't like Indiana's chances of beating MSU so I'll be hoping Illinois can knock off Purdue.

Even if MSU and Purdue win, we will get the 4 seed if OSU wins. It's unlikely they beat Wisconsin, but it is possible.

The most important item is the hawks winning saturday and being 12-6 in conference. Wow that is great. And I will say it that they stubbed their toes a couple times in conf against jNW, Minny at home , and against Purdue, they would luv to replay that second half against MSU. They were closer to winning a few games they lost than they were in losing games that they won.

The team took a big leap this year especially if they win this next one.

Then lets go with what ever seed the hawks get in both tourneys. If they dont get the double bye in the BTT then playing and winning on Thursday just gets their juices running sooner.

Even if MSU and Purdue win, we will get the 4 seed if OSU wins. It's unlikely they beat Wisconsin, but it is possible.

How so? If all 4 of us win we'll all be 12-6 in conference play. Is there something I'm missing?

The best part is that MSU plays at the same time as we do. So if we win and MSU loses, we will be guaranteed at least the 4 with two chances to the 3. Purdue losing to Illinois, or OSU beating Wisconsin.

If Iowa, Michigan State and Purdue all win this weekend then Ohio State has to beat Wisconsin for Iowa to get the double bye. Otherwise Iowa gets the 5 seed.

A 4 way tie between Iowa, Purdue, Michigan State and Ohio State is good for Iowa. Any tiebreaker that doesn't involve Ohio State is bad for Iowa.

Clear as mud?

Ok I think I've got it now. Assuming we beat nw. I think we are a 5 only if wis, purdue and msu all three win.

If osu wins we are a three

or if msu and purdue both lose we are a three.

all other scenarios we are a 4.

We actually still get a double bye if Ohio State beats Wisconsin on Sunday....no matter what Purdue and Michigan State do.

The most important item is the hawks winning saturday and being 12-6 in conference. Wow that is great. And I will say it that they stubbed their toes a couple times in conf against jNW, Minny at home , and against Purdue, they would luv to replay that second half against MSU. They were closer to winning a few games they lost than they were in losing games that they won.

The team took a big leap this year especially if they win this next one.

Then lets go with what ever seed the hawks get in both tourneys. If they dont get the double bye in the BTT then playing and winning on Thursday just gets their juices running sooner.

If things don't go our way and we end up having to play thursday, the good thing will be that we get to watch them play thursday.

Ok I think I've got it now. Assuming we beat nw. I think we are a 5 only if wis, purdue and msu all three win.

If OSU wins we are still a 4 seed if both Michigan State and Purdue win.

If MSU wins, they are guaranteed the 3 no matter what else happens. They have to lose for us to have a chance at the 3. If they do lose, there will be 2 ways to get the 3.

A 5 seed might not be as bad a spot to land as some might think. I understand the extra day off case, but there's also the arguement that could be made that IF you take care of business fairly easily in the opener, you get to work out the kinks and get the 'rust' off against a lesser team so you can come out on all cylinders the quarters. Guess I'd prefer a top 4, but won't tear my hair out if it doesn't happen.

A 5 seed might not be as bad a spot to land as some might think. I understand the extra day off case, but there's also the arguement that could be made that IF you take care of business fairly easily in the opener, you get to work out the kinks and get the 'rust' off against a lesser team so you can come out on all cylinders the quarters. Guess I'd prefer a top 4, but won't tear my hair out if it doesn't happen.

yeah but you can also possibly lose that game. I'd want no part of Penn State again after last weekend

yeah but you can also possibly lose that game. I'd want no part of Penn State again after last weekend

Penn State shot out of their minds to start the game. Without that kind of start we would break their will early and run away with it. That said, i don't want to play them either. :)

Would love to see MSU, Purdue, and OSU all lose this weekend and have Iowa finish all alone in 3rd place

Latest posts