DJ Johnson

I hope so. It would be awesome to get Brents as well. Seems we do fine with the lower ranked players at CB, but would be nice to get some studs in there.

Maybe he's our next commit?
On a serious note, it's looking like that. SIX different recruiting insiders picked him to Iowa today. I usually don't put too much stock into those crystal balls, but that's almost too much smoke to not be a fire. You'd have to think an announcement is coming soon too, if they're all confident he's a Hawk.

Meaning it's too vague?
A bit since that cesspool is filled with clickbaity thread titles, but really it's more me being a smartass.

On a serious note, it's looking like that. SIX different recruiting insiders picked him to Iowa today. I usually don't put too much stock into those crystal balls, but that's almost too much smoke to not be a fire. You'd have to think an announcement is coming soon too, if they're all confident he's a Hawk.

A bit since that cesspool is filled with clickbaity thread titles, but really it's more me being a smartass.

Good point, I'll make sure to mention I have no info next time. Six is a lot considering he was not just offered. I thought he was not committing until the end of August, but maybe his plans have changed.

Johnson would be a welcomed addition to the Notre Dame 2018 class according to Blue & Gold Illustrated football analyst Bryan Driskell.

“The state of Indiana doesn’t produce cornerbacks like D.J. Johnson very often, and Notre Dame is working hard to keep him in state,” Driskell explained.

June 26, 2017

Didn't Iowa have a DB in the late 80's or somewhere in the 90's named DJ Johnson? I opened up this thread assuming it was his kid. Guess not.

Might be thinking of Jovon Johnson.

Nope. DJ Johnson was the starting senior CB on the 2002 team. Jovon slid into his spot in 2003 when DJ graduated.

If I recall correctly, DJ must have set the team record for most PIs...got at least one per game...

Apparently, Notre Damers are saying that ND backed off & that's why...
Would explain all the forecasts, but who knows?
laffie.....that's an Ohio State cliche as well "well, kids x,y, and z decided to go elsewhere. We didn't want them."

Latest posts