DJ Johnson

Nope. DJ Johnson was the starting senior CB on the 2002 team. Jovon slid into his spot in 2003 when DJ graduated.

If I recall correctly, DJ must have set the team record for most PIs...got at least one per game...

I'm pretty sure we had two freshmen corner backs on the 02 team. JJ and Allan.

This is a very good sign for Iowa. You don't get all the Crystal balls on one day like that unless there is solid info out there that he is headed to Iowa.

Didn't Iowa have a DB in the late 80's or somewhere in the 90's named DJ Johnson? I opened up this thread assuming it was his kid. Guess not.

I was thinking the same thing. I keep thinking of an older player but can't place him.

laffie.....that's an Ohio State cliche as well "well, kids x,y, and z decided to go elsewhere. We didn't want them."

But Ohio St annually loads up with 5 & 4* players. I don't think they are having a problem on that front. I could see them backing off lower end 4* and high 3* players, typically the players you have to beat other schools at.

would be a huge get. Also would mean Iowa landed two of the top 10 players in Indiana (Tyrone Tracy #8 on 247). Kelvin Bell crushing

Nope. DJ Johnson was the starting senior CB on the 2002 team. Jovon slid into his spot in 2003 when DJ graduated.

If I recall correctly, DJ must have set the team record for most PIs...got at least one per game...

We used to affectionately refer to him as "Burnt Toast" Johnson as he was consistently beaten and, as mentioned, would pick up the penalty trying to recover

I don't know if it was only ND, but I remember Iowa going after another db with ND, Tom Zbikowski.

That year was painful IIRC. It was us or ND for TZ and in that same class we were going after a QB and it was us or the Gators and he chose the Gators. Just in the last few years I can remember we were in the final 2 for several kids going up against programs such as Michigan, Nebraska, Alabama, Miami. We lost those battles but have also won some. Rudock had a Hurricane offer and stuck with Iowa. Kyshaun Bryan had a lot of good offers and we flipped him. DJ would be a nice feather in the coaches cap as he has several offers. Last year was the first I can remember where late in the process Kirk focused on flipping kids with P5 offers versus MAC offers. And this year bringing in a top-flight grad transfer was atypical. It's almost as if recruiting started to matter once he knew who the new OC was gonna be.;)

Latest posts