DISH...

bhawkn30

Just talked to their "service disconnect" dept. STILL no agreement reached as of 2 min ago. She said she wont know anything till "possibly" later this afternoon.

The only incentive if you call in is you'll get some free movies if you call in and *****. :rolleyes:

I was just told by a Dish representative that if you have their Multi-Sports package the game will still be on channel 5440 (in HD) even without the BTN. I didn't have it so they gave it me for free for 3 months if I wouldn't cancel. Has any one else been told this?

I was just told by a Dish representative that if you have their Multi-Sports package the game will still be on channel 5440 (in HD) even without the BTN. I didn't have it so they gave it me for free for 3 months if I wouldn't cancel. Has any one else been told this?

can u check your guide and see?

That sounds made up as the game is exclusive to the BTN, and that would ruin their bargaining chip.

isn't 5440 just a BTN alternate? It sounds like the rep you spoke with is blowing smoke to keep you from changing.

If BAN pulls their product from Dish then the BAN will no longer be avail on their sports package.

I call BS

Ya that ****** at Dish definitely lied to me. At least I'll have the NFL Redzone channel this weekend.

So, I'm going to an Iowa vs ISU party tomorrow. The person has dish.
He has been trying to get it switched quick and knows somebody from medicom or something. Sounds like the last resort is grabbing the beer and food and heading across the street to his neighbors house.:rolleyes:

I went back and forth with a call center rep yesterday and they were adamant that a short term arrangement was in place and that the BTN would be on over the weekend.

As to anyone switching to DirecTV...I switched from them to Dish because they were so freaking bad...more outages than I could believe, terrible customer service, and pricier to boot.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

I went back and forth with a call center rep yesterday and they were adamant that a short term arrangement was in place and that the BTN would be on over the weekend. As to anyone switching to DirecTV...I switched from them to Dish because they were so freaking bad...more outages than I could believe, terrible customer service, and pricier to boot. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

For what it is worth I'm switching from Directv to AT&T Uverse as soon as my contract is up. DTV sucks *** and their billing/customer service is horrible at best. Don't ever agree to try out one of their promotions bc your bill will never be the same again!

For what it is worth I'm switching from Directv to AT&T Uverse as soon as my contract is up. DTV sucks *** and their billing/customer service is horrible at best. Don't ever agree to try out one of their promotions bc your bill will never be the same again!

Weird, I've been with DTV for 7 years now and have never had a problem.

it will happen with every company...next time btn contract is up with direct/mediascum/dish whoever...it will be same old story. Both sides make a BFD about it...point fingers at eachother...cable company will fold pay the big money and pass the cost to us viewers. i dealt with the same thing with mediacom not even 2 years ago....

Latest posts