Dillon Doyle Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since every thread is the same, I'll just post this here. That Morrow dude that said Doyle told be would "send back to the hood", then Kirk said he doesn't remember Doyle ever saying that word. Evidently there is an ESPN article that quotes Morrow of saying Doyle said "I'll send you back to Gainsville" where he is from. It goes on to say he insinuated that he meant the hood. If nothing else, it sure makes Kirk sound better for saying he doesn't remember Doyle saying that word, because Kirk remembers everything.
Often "sensed racism" and "injustices" come from within the head, rather than coming from verifiable facts.

That said, there is plenty of actual racist talk among whites and blacks. One is, of course, discussed much more than the other.

if with everything going on, and what dillon doyle is going through this week, you're reaction to the story of him transferring out requires you to make comments about how good he is comparatively to other linebackers so you can make it seem like its not a big loss to the team; well that says something. And no i don't think right now its necessary to talk about how good dillon doyle is comparative to linebacker A or B.
Boo hoo. Cry me a river, I didn’t knock him I just said I think other players are just as good of not better. Emotional much?

Yes he does. He shouldn't fool us with the parsing of words because he shows off his memory all the time with things he remembers from 30 yrs ago. It's unreal really. So anything of that nature with a player standing up to Doyle and then KF going on to punish him for having done so would be remembered by him. Hands down. He probably remembers it to more detail then even Morrow does. But KF probably won't be all that forthcoming with it...
There is no doubt he remembered that incident. But when the player lied about the term ghetto, it left Kirk with 2 choices. Call the kid a liar or say he doesn't remember. He even specified that he doesn't remember that term being used, which shows even more he remembers the incident.

Just read an article about Kelvin Bell where he said he feels the prejudice in Iowa just simply walking around as a larger black man. He didn't give any examples, just said he feels like he's looked at differently. I get it, but there obviously needs to be some education all around and it starts with police reforms. How do we build trust for police forces. I think police should LIVE amongst the people. You should know the 5-10 cops in your police district by name. Restructure so they not only patrol but also interact socially. Trust doesn't come from a stranger with a badge and gun. Even local politicians have to canvass an area. Lets get a program where police are known. Yes, they still need to be far enough removed to do a tough job but they need to be known to be trusted. If there is abuse or lack of trust, move them one time if not serious abuse. Keep the faith and trust in community policing.
Bell saying he "feels prejudice" is also a huge problem. That is a mixture between whites doing things to make him feel that way, and him being prejudice towards whites assuming they are being prejudice towards him. There's no doubt some people look at hil because he's black. But I'm sure some look at him because he's a big guy and some look at him because the recognize him. It's Bell's preconceived thoughts that lump all of those people into one category and make the problem worse in his mind than it actually is. All of that's not to say white people don't need to try harder to make sure black people don't feel that way. It's just hard when a certain percentage of the problem is "percieved".

Just read an article about Kelvin Bell where he said he feels the prejudice in Iowa just simply walking around as a larger black man. He didn't give any examples, just said he feels like he's looked at differently. I get it, but there obviously needs to be some education all around and it starts with police reforms. How do we build trust for police forces. I think police should LIVE amongst the people. You should know the 5-10 cops in your police district by name. Restructure so they not only patrol but also interact socially. Trust doesn't come from a stranger with a badge and gun. Even local politicians have to canvass an area. Lets get a program where police are known. Yes, they still need to be far enough removed to do a tough job but they need to be known to be trusted. If there is abuse or lack of trust, move them one time if not serious abuse. Keep the faith and trust in community policing.

Completely disagree. The best kind of police force is one I never see unless I need them. Get them out of schools especially.

Completely disagree. The best kind of police force is one I never see unless I need them. Get them out of schools especially.
The problem is trust. Never seeing them until they are in a critical situation will only highlight violence. Because every rapist, batterer or murderer is just going to give up at that point.

Bell saying he "feels prejudice" is also a huge problem. That is a mixture between whites doing things to make him feel that way, and him being prejudice towards whites assuming they are being prejudice towards him. There's no doubt some people look at hil because he's black. But I'm sure some look at him because he's a big guy and some look at him because the recognize him. It's Bell's preconceived thoughts that lump all of those people into one category and make the problem worse in his mind than it actually is. All of that's not to say white people don't need to try harder to make sure black people don't feel that way. It's just hard when a certain percentage of the problem is "percieved".
I definitely agree. It's a two way street. It's hard to blame him for feeling it unless he can just magically forget all of US history. That is the story. Its dangerous to assume or prejudge. But, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on history. Now we all need to rebuild trust. Its ok to prove to black americans that they have equal value and standing. How hard SHOULD that be? They aren't asking for favors, just to be respected as equals. As humans. At some point all young black males in america need to comply at a stop (just one example) but until they can be certain that they will be treated fairly, there are going to continue to be incidents of resisting and violence. At some point, police reforms are a must. If you think about what black americans are asking for right now its to be heard and not killed. Its not even to be treated fair in the work place or have white privilege. Its to not be killed for being black. This is America. This land is my land, this land is your land. Its ours. Black, white, all colors of skin. WE are America. Land of the Free. These are our brothers and sisters in freedom. We should be asking, how can I help you brother?

The problem is trust. Never seeing them until they are in a critical situation will only highlight violence. Because every rapist, batterer or murderer is just going to give up at that point.

It's much easier to trust an institution if you have very little interaction with them.

I don't trust the police. I used to. Unless they start demand their unions and other cops come around to reform they could be on my front doorstep with a glass of lemonade each morning and it wouldn't matter. When I see what happened in Buffalo last week it just disgusts me.

Is it up to Bell to navigate through this or is it up to white people to "figure it out"?

Often "sensed racism" and "injustices" come from within the head, rather than coming from verifiable facts.

That said, there is plenty of actual racist talk among whites and blacks. One is, of course, discussed much more than the other.

Racist talk among blacks would be what exactly?

Schools are targets. Has that not been obvious? And cops in schools are able to interact with kids, what the heck is wrong with that? You would be the first one to complain if you have kids in a school and someone came in and shot it up. This is a stupid idea.

It's much easier to trust an institution if you have very little interaction with them.

I don't trust the police. I used to. Unless they start demand their unions and other cops come around to reform they could be on my front doorstep with a glass of lemonade each morning and it wouldn't matter. When I see what happened in Buffalo last week it just disgusts me.

I think they should go on strike for a few days in this cities. We would see how that goes.

You do realize there are bad people in every type of profession on this planet. The deal is you have to have some sort of system to find and get rid of those people. If the unions protect people like that then yeah they are a problem. But the vast majority of officers are great people with no ill intent.

Boo hoo. Cry me a river, I didn’t knock him I just said I think other players are just as good of not better. Emotional much?

I’ll knock him. His play was horrible last year. Lost in coverage and couldn’t shed blocks. I also understand that he was a freshman and there is room for improvement, but his play didn’t exactly make me think that he was starter material.

Status
Not open for further replies.