Dillon Doyle Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since every thread is the same, I'll just post this here. That Morrow dude that said Doyle told be would "send back to the hood", then Kirk said he doesn't remember Doyle ever saying that word. Evidently there is an ESPN article that quotes Morrow of saying Doyle said "I'll send you back to Gainsville" where he is from. It goes on to say he insinuated that he meant the hood. If nothing else, it sure makes Kirk sound better for saying he doesn't remember Doyle saying that word, because Kirk remembers everything.

Dillon’s in an impossible spot. The reception from teammates — especially African Americans — might be tenuous at best. Opposing players and fans would crucify him if he stayed.

Best for him to move on and get a fresh start somewhere.
But that's the rub.
With social media what it is...you can't hide anymore.
This is going to follow him wherever he goes...."Hey aren't you the kid whose dad....."

I have found these threads fascinating for one fact....

When these coaches are smoozing these guys as potential Iowa players, they kiss ass, fawn, talk to the parents at length, make them a king for a week, etc.

When they commit, whamo, they're dogshit and get rode hard and put away wet.

The dichotomy irony can't be missed.

Since every thread is the same, I'll just post this here. That Morrow dude that said Doyle told be would "send back to the hood", then Kirk said he doesn't remember Doyle ever saying that word. Evidently there is an ESPN article that quotes Morrow of saying Doyle said "I'll send you back to Gainsville" where he is from. It goes on to say he insinuated that he meant the hood. If nothing else, it sure makes Kirk sound better for saying he doesn't remember Doyle saying that word, because Kirk remembers everything.
Link?

Hm. Elaborate? Someone’s opinion of who they think is the better LB isn’t necessary? Robot.
if with everything going on, and what dillon doyle is going through this week, you're reaction to the story of him transferring out requires you to make comments about how good he is comparatively to other linebackers so you can make it seem like its not a big loss to the team; well that says something. And no i don't think right now its necessary to talk about how good dillon doyle is comparative to linebacker A or B.

Jack Campbell is better anyway.

And that kid from Ohio is eligible this year after redshirting. Jestin Jacobs.

Doyle's offers:
Iowa
Northern Iowa
UCF

Jayden McDonald:
IA
K-state
purdue
ole miss
rutgers
etc.

Kyle Taylor:
IA
Boston College
Maryland
Virginia Tech
Wisconsin
etc

Jestin Jacobs:
IA
Georgia Tech
Indiana
Iowa state
kentucky
michigan state
minnesota
northwestern
purdue
rutgers
etc

Notice a pattern? Lot of talent thrown overboard so some kid that reminded Kirk of himself at that age could become a starter. Cost us plenty of games over the years.

When these coaches are smoozing these guys as potential Iowa players, they kiss ass, fawn, talk to the parents at length, make them a king for a week, etc.

That's recruiting in a nutshell. EVERY player loves being recruited. Some just don't realize that type of attention is temporary.

When you're getting recruited, you were The Dude on your HS team (or one of several). When you get to college, EVERYONE on the team was The Dude.

Doyle's offers:
Iowa
Northern Iowa
UCF

Jayden McDonald:
IA
K-state
purdue
ole miss
rutgers
etc.

Kyle Taylor:
IA
Boston College
Maryland
Virginia Tech
Wisconsin
etc

Jestin Jacobs:
IA
Georgia Tech
Indiana
Iowa state
kentucky
michigan state
minnesota
northwestern
purdue
rutgers
etc

Notice a pattern? Lot of talent thrown overboard so some kid that reminded Kirk of himself at that age could become a starter. Cost us plenty of games over the years.
Ah yes, Jayden McDonald who has done a total of:

over his college career, while being stuck behind Kristian Welch for a year.

Kyle Taylor has also done a grand total of:

over his career, considering he played 2 years behind Josey Jewell and would have played another behind Welch.

Astute observation.

Doyle's offers:
Iowa
Northern Iowa
UCF

Jayden McDonald:
IA
K-state
purdue
ole miss
rutgers
etc.

Kyle Taylor:
IA
Boston College
Maryland
Virginia Tech
Wisconsin
etc

Jestin Jacobs:
IA
Georgia Tech
Indiana
Iowa state
kentucky
michigan state
minnesota
northwestern
purdue
rutgers
etc

Fail.

You ever wonder why no one has responded to a single post of yours in at least 6 months? Jesus Christ. if you’re asking about a “pattern,” that’s the one I see.

You’re comparing Doyle’s list of offers? LOL. How many offers do you think a kid is going to get whose dad is a 20 year staff member, especially when he’s basically said from the cradle that he wanted to be a Hawkeye? Think he’s going to get recruited real hard?

Hello....McFly.......anybody in there, McFly???

Learn the game and read the manual first.

Last edited:
That's recruiting in a nutshell. EVERY player loves being recruited. Some just don't realize that type of attention is temporary.

When you're getting recruited, you were The Dude on your HS team (or one of several). When you get to college, EVERYONE on the team was The Dude.
Yep. Buyer beware.

Recruiting is selling. And it's up to the family to sniff out any potential snow job. The parents/guardians of a player have been adults long enough to know the ins and outs of the art of selling.

And it is an art. Some people are born sellers. Others are born closers. Others are both.

If you have mastered the art of pressuring the buyer in a way that they don't realize they are being pressured then you can go a long way as a salesperson/recruiter.

Bob Sugar was Kushman's bestest buddy just long enough to chisel him away from Jerry Maguire and get his name on the dotted line. Once Kush was signed nothing else mattered, including the sleazy way Sugar went about his business, or Kushman's father's promise to Jerry that his verbal word was "stronger than oak".

We all know that exists but some of this isn't about soft stuff.
There are probably few "innocent" people involved, among the coaches or disgruntled or abused players. When emotions run high, and mob think is in play, the truth is difficult to see or discover. That's why we are a "country of laws" or at least, we used to be.

Yep. Buyer beware.

Recruiting is selling. And it's up to the family to sniff out any potential snow job. The parents/guardians of a player have been adults long enough to know the ins and outs of the art of selling.

And it is an art. Some people are born sellers. Others are born closers. Others are both.

If you have mastered the art of pressuring the buyer in a way that they don't realize they are being pressured then you can go a long way as a salesperson/recruiter.

Bob Sugar was Kushman's bestest buddy just long enough to chisel him away from Jerry Maguire and get his name on the dotted line. Once Kush was signed nothing else mattered, including the sleazy way Sugar went about his business, or Kushman's father's promise to Jerry that his verbal word was "stronger than oak".
You had me at "yep".

Correct, because the parents didn't want them hugging unicorns at Iowa State or Illinois or a MAC school. They obviously want them to be in a program that wins and makes them men. No one believes that sending your kid to a Big Ten school to play football is going to sit around in a circle eating smores and talking about feelings.

Just read an article about Kelvin Bell where he said he feels the prejudice in Iowa just simply walking around as a larger black man. He didn't give any examples, just said he feels like he's looked at differently. I get it, but there obviously needs to be some education all around and it starts with police reforms. How do we build trust for police forces. I think police should LIVE amongst the people. You should know the 5-10 cops in your police district by name. Restructure so they not only patrol but also interact socially. Trust doesn't come from a stranger with a badge and gun. Even local politicians have to canvass an area. Lets get a program where police are known. Yes, they still need to be far enough removed to do a tough job but they need to be known to be trusted. If there is abuse or lack of trust, move them one time if not serious abuse. Keep the faith and trust in community policing.

In the same way visiting with Army "recruiters" is much different than being under the control of the "instructors" at Army Ranger School or the Q-Course for Green Beret qualification for example.

The former invite them in...the latter try to mold them and teach them, but most of all push them so that the weak are eliminated so as not to endanger the entire unit.

Now, the Puff-Balls Recruits expect to be worshiped, recruited, courted, given $$$ and other promises...and when they arrive on campus they expect the institution to become their platform for their future lucrative careers and they expect the institution and coaching staffs to keep reminding them how amazing they are. It is a world of self-absorbed egos. These egos are common among Puff-Ball Recruits and on the coaching staffs.

How do you work on making a "team" out of various egos? Well, you try to recruit players who are willing to "buy in" to what the program is, avoiding the Puff-Balls who are all about me/myself/I. It is a difficult dance for any head coach I would guess. There are always disgruntled players who think they are better than they are. And, having been adored and pampered since grade school sports...facing resistance is very difficult for many.

Or so it seems...

You know growing up I really didn't like my dad very much he was strict. Razzed me. Was kind of an a-hole sometimes. I never did like him all that much. He was my step dad, so I just figured that is how it goes.
He's been gone awhile now and it wasn't until a few years ago that I ran into a kid I grew up with. What he had to say about my dad floored me. He had tons of respect and admiration for him. I thought for a long time about that conversation and I realized he helped me become who I am.
I think lot's of people have those kinds of stories. Same kind of stories about coaches. They razz you and get under your skin to motivate you.
I'm in no way saying to take it to far. I don't know what happened in this case. I know that each person has different buttons that need to be pushed. I was always easy to get wound up, all you had to do is tell me I couldn't do something. Other guys it took a little more to lite the fire.

That has nothing to do with the diversity though.

Yes he does. He shouldn't fool us with the parsing of words because he shows off his memory all the time with things he remembers from 30 yrs ago. It's unreal really. So anything of that nature with a player standing up to Doyle and then KF going on to punish him for having done so would be remembered by him. Hands down. He probably remembers it to more detail then even Morrow does. But KF probably won't be all that forthcoming with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts