Did Iowa Bumble Another Waiver Petition w/ Oliver?

We simply don't know what is going on. It wouldn't shock me that if Michigan was the one who dragged their feet on this, as they have a part in the transfer process as well. Seems they are being shady on their transfers.

We don't know everything, and it wouldn't surprise me if Harbaugh was mucking things up...he's a tool. But we do know that KFz said the paperwork was just recently submitted...he didn't say resubmitted, responded, replied to. Maybe he was playing it down intentionally and avoiding details. Who knows. But that is what he said.

We simply don't know what is going on. It wouldn't shock me that if Michigan was the one who dragged their feet on this, as they have a part in the transfer process as well. Seems they are being shady on their transfers.

I loathe Harbaugh with every fiber of my being....but on this, he was right.

The kid stated in his waiver request that he was having mental health issues while at Michigan, which was the driving force for his transfer and waiver request. All Harbaugh did was tell the NCAA the truth....that the kid never told him or any of the coaches he was having mental health issues, never requested any accomodations, never went and saw any of the team doctors or counselors while he was at Michigan. When he was asked about it by the media, he stated that he wasn't going to lie to the NCAA...he simply told them the facts of what he observed.

So while I'll rip him for being a condescending jackass, among other things, I'm not going to rip him in this instance....because I think he's in the right.....

The kid stated in his waiver request that he was having mental health issues while at Michigan, which was the driving force for his transfer and waiver request. All Harbaugh did was tell the NCAA the truth....that the kid never told him or any of the coaches he was having mental health issues, never requested any accomodations, never went and saw any of the team doctors or counselors while he was at Michigan. When he was asked about it by the media, he stated that he wasn't going to lie to the NCAA...he simply told them the facts of what he observed.

So while I'll rip him for being a condescending jackass, among other things, I'm not going to rip him in this instance....because I think he's in the right.....

So...ok, I understand your point...and it's fair. Now, I'll give you a different perspective. Jim Harbaugh has a reputation as a manipulative prick...check out what everyone was saying in San Francisco. He's shown the ability to manipulate the truth at Michigan also. Let me paint a picture of a kid trying to earn playing time...with all the mental toughness and we are more physical language that Harbaugh is known for (See Stanford)...now a kid starts struggling with the mental side, isn't sure about transferring, etc...do you think Harbaugh has created an environment where going to mental health professionals is encouraged and certainly not frowned upon. My guess is no...he hasn't.

It's the same thing with Oliver Martin. Harbaugh comes out and says that the new offense wasn't going to affect Oliver and that they were planning on him getting considerable playing time (this statement hurts Oliver's argument)...then Harbaugh...in the same conversation says he is in favor of kids getting one transfer without sitting...talking out of both sides of his mouth. Both statements are a dig at Martin in my opinion...because he first provides a reason why Oliver shouldn't get the waiver and the second ensures that it appears he has no bias in the matter.

So if Harbaugh says he thinks kids should have the chance to transfer without sitting out...why provide any comments that may hurt someone doing it. Michigan did it in both cases we are discussing. It's because Harbaugh is a manipulative prick...that's why.

Yeah, Michigan outgoing transfers have had remarkably bad luck--almost matching Michigan's "good" luck with incoming--with waivers. In other words, the NCAA really IS favoring the bluebloods (not a shock), or Michigan really IS pulling crap to block these waivers (again, not a shock).

Harbaugh definitely seems to "speak with forked tongue". He says, "Everyone should be allowed one free transfer", but neglects to say--at least audibly--that he means, "One free transfer TO Michigan, but not FROM Michigan".

BUT...if you read what the kid and his parents said, the kid did NOT feel comfortable going to Harbaugh with any of that (gee, I wonder why?). Sorry, but pretty much EVERY Michigan outgoing transfer waiver has been denied, and damn near EVERY Michigan incoming transfer has been granted.

You tell me: remarkable "luck"? Sure.

I’ll bet you anything Michigan and Harbaugh are messing with Oliver Martin’s transfer as well as all their transfers.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2104170001?__twitter_impression=true

Pruitt wrote a letter to the NCAA to aid Osborne’s case for immediate eligibility. Whether it had any influence or not, Pruitt does not know. He just knows the effort made to secure a waiver for his former cornerback.

Meanwhile, Tennessee continues to wait on confirmation or denial of a waiver for defensive lineman Aubrey Solomon with a week left before its season-opener against Georgia State. Solomon transferred to Tennessee from Michigan in December.

“I don’t know exactly what the previous institution has done,” Pruitt said. “I know what we have done. I know what we have done for young men who have left our program. I’m not sure that is the same across the country. I don’t know. I can’t say one way or the other.

I’ll bet you anything Michigan and Harbaugh are messing with Oliver Martin’s transfer as well as all their transfers.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2104170001?__twitter_impression=true

Pruitt wrote a letter to the NCAA to aid Osborne’s case for immediate eligibility. Whether it had any influence or not, Pruitt does not know. He just knows the effort made to secure a waiver for his former cornerback.

Meanwhile, Tennessee continues to wait on confirmation or denial of a waiver for defensive lineman Aubrey Solomon with a week left before its season-opener against Georgia State. Solomon transferred to Tennessee from Michigan in December.

“I don’t know exactly what the previous institution has done,” Pruitt said. “I know what we have done. I know what we have done for young men who have left our program. I’m not sure that is the same across the country. I don’t know. I can’t say one way or the other.

Let's face it, and admit it, Harbaugh is doing everything he can to keep transfer-outs from gaining immediate-eligibility waivers. Unless, of course, we want to ignore what has happened to every Michigan transfer-out....

What’s the deadline for a decision?

My understanding is that NCAA keeps getting this message from the process:

images

Let's face it, and admit it, Harbaugh is doing everything he can to keep transfer-outs from gaining immediate-eligibility waivers. Unless, of course, we want to ignore what has happened to every Michigan transfer-out....

I don't know the details, but here in Atlanta a transfer from Michigan to Georgia Tech was just denied.

I don't know the details, but here in Atlanta a transfer from Michigan to Georgia Tech was just denied.

The kid & his parents said "mental health issues", and that he didn't feel comfortable discussing it with Harbaugh/staff. What did Michigan say on their "questionnaire"? That it was solely about playing time and a fresh start!

What I would absolutely LOVE to see out of this is a class-action suit from all the players who have left Michigan and been refused an immediate-eligibility waiver. To see Michigan and Harbaugh scrambling in a cover-up would be absolute gold. Ok, absolute "maize".

Harbaugh has the same look in his eyes as most people who suffer from ADD (Attention Deficit Dickhead). As a life long bear fan I can also say he sucked as a quarterback too. Best day in bear history was when he left the bears. :mad: :cool:

Depth charts have been released and game day is a few days away...still no decision.

100% avoidable situation had Iowa submitted his waiver application in a timely manner like virtually everyone else seeking a waiver.

Get. This. Through. Your. Head.:

Iowa doesn't submit the paperwork. The player submits the paperwork.
No need to try and reason here.

And now we have a poster on another thread convinced that he has a scoop on Rob and calling out Rob for not having cajones when Rob is a professional trying to do his job.

Harbaugh has the same look in his eyes as most people who suffer from ADD (Attention Deficit Dickhead). As a life long bear fan I can also say he sucked as a quarterback too. Best day in bear history was when he left the bears. :mad: :cool:

I would have said the best day in Bears history was Cutler leaving, but Harbaugh leaving town is definitely a close second, although for quite awhile it was ranked number 1.

Latest posts