Did Iowa Bumble Another Waiver Petition w/ Oliver?

We all remember what a travesty the Drew Ott situation was. The guy burned a red shirt playing a hand full of snaps his freshmen year, then plays a few games (injured) his senior year. He applied for an extra year of eligibility, then was forced to sweat it out all the way until the NFL draft before finding out whether or not he would gain an extra season of eligibility. All the while, guys with lesser hardships were being granted waivers right and left.

On June 11th, we get huge news that Oliver Martin, a stud recruit at Iowa's perpetual position of weakness, is transferring to Iowa. He said he would seek a waiver for immediate eligibility. Many speculated that he could likely come in and see significant minutes right away. He also has a compelling case for a waiver...Mich lost both its WR coach and OC in 2018 and brought in new coaches and a new offense.

After two months of wondering whether Oliver would get eligibility, and watching player after player have their waivers granted, Martin sits in limbo with just 11 days until the season starts. Still no decision has been made by the NCAA? Is it the NCAA's fault? NOPE. Not this time. They are the easy scapegoat, but this one is not on them.

It turns out, the U of I sat on Oliver's waiver request until...early August! For 2 months, kids across the country were having their waivers awarded while Iowa's administrators (the same ones that "reassigned" then "fired" a lesbian coach with a successful record and lost a lawsuit over it) took the summer off.

We have self-imposed uncertainty at one of the most important positions on the field. If Martin does get the waiver, and I believe he ultimately will, what does that do to someone like Smith-Marsette, who has topped the depth all spring and fall, to suddenly lose the role days before kickoff? If Martin doesn't get the waiver, what does it do to the kid who's been practicing as if he's going to be on the field in 12 days only to have that ripped from him at the last second?

Either way, it's a boneheaded move by Iowa's incompetent compliance office from both a morale and personnel perspective.

So much wrong with this post--especially its length--I'm not sure where to begin. But I'll start with this: You have zero information on how this has progressed, other than a smattering of "public" info. In other words, your usual M.O.

This guy has a history of stupid posts.
@IowaLawWasRight ‘s post are the equivalent of a botched drive-by shooting.

He comes in, posts some excruciatingly long and uninformed cockamamie junk, then hides in the closet for a couple weeks and ignores all the intelligent and factual responses to his drivel. Anyone who responds directly to his stuff has successfully been trolled. And we all know what happens when people feed the trolls.

In other words, he reads David Schwartz’s columns and says, “By god, I’ll show the world it’s possible to write something about the Hawkeyes more incoherently than that guy...”

He comes in, posts some excruciatingly long and uninformed cockamamie junk, then hides in the closet for a couple weeks and ignores all the intelligent and factual responses to his drivel. Anyone who responds directly to his stuff has successfully been trolled. And we all know what happens when people feed the trolls.

In other words, he reads David Schwartz’s columns and says, “By god, I’ll show the world it’s possible to write something about the Hawkeyes more incoherently than that guy...”
LOL. That was well done. You even spelled cockamamie correctly.

How dare you dis the Schwartz. I can give you 10 sentences on why he's so good

How dare you dis the Schwartz. I can give you 10 sentences on why he's so good
ab745387474334a74e430d58d0b01bd7.jpg

I'm gonna guess that all of this doesn't matter. If Martin is cleared, he and his family were smart for hiring a lawyer - what a heady decision by him and his folks. Iowa is lucky they were smart enough to do that. If Martin is denied, Iowa totally botched the process.

I'm gonna guess that all of this doesn't matter. If Martin is cleared, he and his family were smart for hiring a lawyer - what a heady decision by him and his folks. Iowa is lucky they were smart enough to do that. If Martin is denied, Iowa totally botched the process.

Lucky they have the money to do it is more like it.

Yeah, I was mostly in on the joke. That's why I called us Iowa hicks. But you know there might be a couple guys who see the numbers you listed and try to call or fax them.

Some moron from the legal department at Atlantis Resort emailed me and asked me to stop "harassing" their employees after I sent a few emails following that moronic basketball game where we played Villanova and got totally mugged and lost due to incompetent officiating. I am doing a cruise in January and you can bet your ass I made sure to pick one that didn't stop near that dump.

You hit the nail on the head. I stopped reading his long boring ass posts last year.

At first I thought he was an admin on here, but soon realized he was just what you described perfectly.

Some moron from the legal department at Atlantis Resort emailed me and asked me to stop "harassing" their employees after I sent a few emails following that moronic basketball game where we played Villanova and got totally mugged and lost due to incompetent officiating. I am doing a cruise in January and you can bet your ass I made sure to pick one that didn't stop near that dump.

Didn't we blow a 21 point lead or something as well?

Fran doesn't help himself with the stripes when he chases one down the tunnel and calls him a cheating mf'er.

I'm going with what KFz said publicly regarding the submission date. If it was submitted earlier and there was an error/omission/etc that required it be amended...well, you've just described someone dropping the ball.

We simply don't know what is going on. It wouldn't shock me that if Michigan was the one who dragged their feet on this, as they have a part in the transfer process as well. Seems they are being shady on their transfers.

Latest posts