Did Iowa Bumble Another Waiver Petition w/ Oliver?

Wouldn't it make more sense to rip Iowa here if every other waiver across the country had already been decided for weeks? There are still waiver decisions coming in daily.

Rob, how much of this is just arbitrary BS?
Seems like some with a valid case (Ford at Ill) are denied while others that just weren't going to get to play (Fields at tOSU) are approved. The whole things smells of dead fish.

I see them revamping this whole process (yet again) in the very near future. There's way too much uncertainty and inconsistencies.

I see them revamping this whole process (yet again) in the very near future. There's way too much uncertainty and inconsistencies.
However, the NCAA seems to thrive on inconsistency, so maybe they won't do anything. I think the one free transfer rule would be a good solution. Coaches can leave their recruits in the dust without consequence, so should players (at least once). But, we're back to making sense, so that solution is probably out the window.

Who are the exact people who review and decide these? Are they the same people and they vote it? It seems like these have to be different people doing reviews and deciding. Are they persons known to all or is this crap done within the walls of the CIA?

From what I understand, the majority of transfer requests where an attorney for the player is involved are decided in favor of the player. Until I hear differently, I'm going to assume OM gets cleared....

Drew Ott got royally screwed, but I don't see any reason OM should get a waiver other than the fact they've given them to a bunch of other guys who don't deserve them, either. Unless there's something we don't know.
I would wager there is a lot we don't know about this situation.

Rob, how much of this is just arbitrary BS?
Seems like some with a valid case (Ford at Ill) are denied while others that just weren't going to get to play (Fields at tOSU) are approved. The whole things smells of dead fish.

If tOSU makes the playoff, it's good for the NCAA.

There's no transparency or consistency. The NCAA at its finest.
If the NCAA settles these fairly and quickly, they wouldn't need as many personnel on salary to settle them. Thus, it takes a long time and a lot of "deliberation."

If tOSU makes the playoff, it's good for the NCAA.

Clemson has an ungodly stacked team and recruiting looks very solid. Of course they could sputter, but it looks like they are set for at least another 2 playoff run seasons. This is bad for the NCAA. If the playoff becomes a Clemson-Bama affair for over 5 straight years, they risk losing fans and future earnings off of TV deals. I live very close to Clemson and the area and fan base just aren't big enough for the NCAA's tastes. Not to be a homer, but I think Iowa might even have a bigger fan base than Clemson because the low country in South Carolina is dominated by the Gamecocks and even around here, there are a ton of Georgia fans because UGA is under 100 miles away. If you go to eastern Iowa on gameday, 90% of the sports gear is the Hawkeyes, with some jackelope wearing Clown gear, one rando Wisconsin guy and like two randos where Nebraska gear. But down here, the Clemson gear is safely over 50%, but not by much. You see all sorts of Big Ten gear, Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida, etc. And Clemson grads by and large don't stray too far from the immediate region when they graduate, so there's not some nearby town with several thousand alums like Iowa has in Chicago, Minneapolis and KC. In short, Clemson's footprint and fan base totally sucks if you are the NCAA and trying to negotiate media rights deals. They really, really, really need OSU or someone in a big population state or with a better national following (like Bama or Oklahoma) to jump up there and get Clemson the hell off of its perch.

Grab your torches and pitchforks boys...I was able to find out where the NCAA is headquartered. Let's get em'. I never did care much for hoosiers either.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222
Phone: 317-917-6222
Fax: 317-917-6888

Clemson has an ungodly stacked team and recruiting looks very solid. Of course they could sputter, but it looks like they are set for at least another 2 playoff run seasons. This is bad for the NCAA. If the playoff becomes a Clemson-Bama affair for over 5 straight years, they risk losing fans and future earnings off of TV deals. I live very close to Clemson and the area and fan base just aren't big enough for the NCAA's tastes. Not to be a homer, but I think Iowa might even have a bigger fan base than Clemson because the low country in South Carolina is dominated by the Gamecocks and even around here, there are a ton of Georgia fans because UGA is under 100 miles away. If you go to eastern Iowa on gameday, 90% of the sports gear is the Hawkeyes, with some jackelope wearing Clown gear, one rando Wisconsin guy and like two randos where Nebraska gear. But down here, the Clemson gear is safely over 50%, but not by much. You see all sorts of Big Ten gear, Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida, etc. And Clemson grads by and large don't stray too far from the immediate region when they graduate, so there's not some nearby town with several thousand alums like Iowa has in Chicago, Minneapolis and KC. In short, Clemson's footprint and fan base totally sucks if you are the NCAA and trying to negotiate media rights deals. They really, really, really need OSU or someone in a big population state or with a better national following (like Bama or Oklahoma) to jump up there and get Clemson the hell off of its perch.

There is a remedy for this...it's called pass interference and holding calls. These are the great equalizers in college football. Look at our game with Purdue last year...our WRs got mugged the whole game...a timely pass interference call and two holding penalties on us...Purdue wins!

Last edited:
There is a remedy for this...it's called pass interference and holding calls. These are the great equalizers in college football. Look at our game with Purdue last year...our WRs got mugged the whole game...a timely pass interference call and two holding penalties on us...Purdue wins!

Problem is with a weak Miami, Florida State and VaTech, Clemson is honestly like 3 TDs better than everyone in their conference. They had one conference scare last year when Trevor Lawrence got hurt. They beat Notre Dame by 27 and Alabama by 28 in the playoffs. The refs can't even toss games that are 4 TD affairs.

Grab your torches and pitchforks boys...I was able to find out where the NCAA is headquartered. Let's get em'. I never did care much for hoosiers either.

700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222

Bunch of Iowa hicks blowing up their phones and fax machine might hurt Oliver's case more than help it.

700 W. Washington Street
P.O. Box 6222

A PO Box. Probably a vacant lot.

Latest posts