Did AROB get a concussion in 4th quarter?

It's up to the medical staff to decide. There's a heavy emphasis on gradual return to play once a kid passes clinical tests (memory etc). There's no minimum time frame as far as I know.

I'm not sure it was a "stupid" decision to keep starters in until the start of the 4th. Put it in context. We were beating a team who managed to score 35 points (if I remember right) on NU after being down 17 at the half. Couple that with the fact that the entire fan base was b*tching that Ferentz doesn't keep his foot on opponents' throats if we have more than a two TD lead. I can see why they made that decision.

You make two valid points. Yep, the coaches are damned if they do & damned if they don't. Most likely not many are 2nd guessing if Robinson doesn't get hurt. So much easier to critique after knowing the results, I guess.

It's up to the medical staff to decide. There's a heavy emphasis on gradual return to play once a kid passes clinical tests (memory etc). There's no minimum time frame as far as I know.

I'm not sure it was a "stupid" decision to keep starters in until the start of the 4th. Put it in context. We were beating a team who managed to score 35 points (if I remember right) on NU after being down 17 at the half. Couple that with the fact that the entire fan base was b*tching that Ferentz doesn't keep his foot on opponents' throats if we have more than a two TD lead. I can see why they made that decision.

1. They scored 35 in the 2nd half against Northwestern. They needed to score AT LEAST 31 in ONE QUARTER against our defense (quite a bit better than Northwestern's, to say the least).

2. 2 TD lead=14 points. We had a 4.43 TD lead. That's a good time to just coast and put the reserves in. I'm happy to see us coast if we have a 3 TD lead with around 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, but make efforts to maintain that lead should the other team score. MSU's vaunted ground game finished with 39 yards, and Cousins threw 3 picks. They were NOT coming back from 31 down with 15 minutes to play.

Latest posts