Desmond King Not a Captain this Week

That Division I team (FCS-level) is probably at least a top-50 team overall if you consider FBS and FCS together. Now, a top 15 team losing to a top 50 team at home is still a bad loss, but it is also fairly common and not an indicator of historical ineptitude. Losing to ISU would have been much more embarrassing overall; for that matter, the 2014 loss to ISU WAS much more embarrassing overall. I am not going to get too hung up on the FCS-label when evaluating this loss.

As I said, certainly a bad loss that highlights one of the consistent flaws of a coach I really like and appreciate overall. But hopefully it will lead to improvements and better performances going forward. I will not write off the team or the season until I get more data.

Actually, they received 74 votes in this week's NCAA AP Poll for FBS schools ranking them #28... and they aren't even in FBS.

I will not join you in excusing and rationalizing a loss to an FCS team at home. There is no excuse for it. It's inexcusable for any power 6 team. It's doesn't matter how good they were, we should be better. If we are not held to the standard where Iowa is expected to out recruit, coach and play an FCS team then we may as well give them our spot in the West.

This is not me saying the sky is falling. It's a bad loss, we've had plenty. But, line play doesn't lie and ours got whipped. I can never recall seeing Iowa dominated like that before. I sure hope we rebound but if the lines don't get better it's not going to happen.

Actually, they received 74 votes in this week's NCAA AP Poll for FBS schools ranking them #28... and they aren't even in FBS.

One of the conditions of the new contract is that the Iowa program make other schools look good. I know it doesn't make sense . . . but nothing about that contract does.

king should get his spot as a captain back, and he should walk out there alone. He's the only one who actually did anything today.

I will not join you in excusing and rationalizing a loss to an FCS team at home. There is no excuse for it. It's inexcusable for any power 6 team. It's doesn't matter how good they were, we should be better. If we are not held to the standard where Iowa is expected to out recruit, coach and play an FCS team then we may as well give them our spot in the West.

This is not me saying the sky is falling. It's a bad loss, we've had plenty. But, line play doesn't lie and ours got whipped. I can never recall seeing Iowa dominated like that before. I sure hope we rebound but if the lines don't get better it's not going to happen.

This.

With all the resources and visibility that Iowa has going for it, and with the tenure of this coach's program there IS NO EXCUSE for fielding a team, a product, like the one we have seen this year.

how does a program like Lousville, for example, land the talent that they do. Cincinnati? Indiana? The list goes on and on and on.

STALE.

Other schools try at recruiting.

So in 2015 our staff went out to NFL teams and learned schemes , what did they do this year?

Latest posts