Desmond King: Iowa "outcoached"

on the radio post game show they played sound bites from certain players from the locker room. Lew Montgomey and Trev Bollers (former Hawk players) both said listen to the players voices, their is no anger, no emotion what so ever. It's like they dont' even care.

King gambled millions of dollars for a chance to win a NC. King has gotten screwed on that gamble. What if he suffers a career ending injury? Our coach, apparently, believes it's the responsibility of 18-22 year olds to figure out how to get themselves mentally prepared for each game and season. Part of coaching is being responsible for affecting the psyche of your team.
If King came back to win a NC he might score a 5 on the Wunderlich test. I could care less how many millions he risked he's not bigger than the program. He played his butt off but blasting your coaches is weak. He should've blasted his teammates for the lack of execution. He will be sat and justifiably so.

If King came back to win a NC he might score a 5 on the Wunderlich test. I could care less how many millions he risked he's not bigger than the program. He played his butt off but blasting your coaches is weak. He should've blasted his teammates for the lack of execution. He will be sat and justifiably so.

so he should blast his fellow 18-22 year olds and not the guy making $4.5 mil per? So, ferentz gets over half a million dollar raise based on what king helped accomplish last season and king forgoes millions to come back to accomplish something great, and ferentz shouldn't be criticized? King forgoes millions, ferentz gets an increase in how many he gets, and it's the 18-22 years that should be criticized? got it.

look, i agree with you that king shouldn't have done it. but he did. he was wrong for doing it, but not wrong for what he said.

He didn't blast the coaches. His full quote wasn't really that big of a deal. In true social media fashion, it's getting blown way out of context.

He didn't blast the coaches. His full quote wasn't really that big of a deal. In true social media fashion, it's getting blown way out of context.

I just watched video, and while king did try to walk back what he said, he definitely intended to inform that jnw did some things they weren't ready for. what he said wasn't in anger, but matter of fact. It is still a telling statement, but wasn't said in a way intended to be divisive. king also said that he felt they weren't ready. in total, those are two not good things to point out, being out coached and not being ready.

so he should blast his fellow 18-22 year olds and not the guy making $4.5 mil per? So, ferentz gets over half a million dollar raise based on what king helped accomplish last season and king forgoes millions to come back to accomplish something great, and ferentz shouldn't be criticized? King forgoes millions, ferentz gets an increase in how many he gets, and it's the 18-22 years that should be criticized? got it.

look, i agree with you that king shouldn't have done it. but he did. he was wrong for doing it, but not wrong for what he said.
Why do you act like theses are pop warner kids they are grown ass men. They have gotten bullied by three crap teams in a row. They absolutely should be criticized! Ferentz has gotten his money because he makes the program loads of money because us dumbass fans keep showing up and traveling to the bowl games. It's a business and that is all Barta cares about. We are one of the most profitable programs in the nation with top 30 talent. That is why he rewards Ferentz.

If you wat ch the interview...he's not "calling out" the coaches. He's simply stating a fact. A sad, embarrassing, reoccurring, fact.

"We weren't ready I guess"...in my opinion, that's a far more damning statement.

wasn't it King's mom who pretty much influenced him to return and get his degree? I hope he stays healthy and has long NFL career. Feel bad he's stuck on this dismal team, he played great today, wish we had about 10 King's on this team

on the radio post game show they played sound bites from certain players from the locker room. Lew Montgomey and Trev Bollers (former Hawk players) both said listen to the players voices, their is no anger, no emotion what so ever. It's like they dont' even care.
They are always like that. KF takes all the emotion out of them. If they showed any they wouldn't ever play again.

If you wat ch the interview...he's not "calling out" the coaches. He's simply stating a fact. A sad, embarrassing, reoccurring, fact.

"We weren't ready I guess"...in my opinion, that's a far more damning statement.

Yeah, i agree with how you said it. but either way, he is right and they are both damning statements.

Why do you act like theses are pop warner kids they are grown ass men. They have gotten bullied by three crap teams in a row. They absolutely should be criticized! Ferentz has gotten his money because he makes the program loads of money because us dumbass fans keep showing up and traveling to the bowl games. It's a business and that is all Barta cares about. We are one of the most profitable programs in the nation with top 30 talent. That is why he rewards Ferentz.

I am not even certain what your point is. You seem to be saying that 18-22 year olds are grown men and deserve to be criticized, but their head coach, who also is a grown ass man, shouldn't be criticized because he makes Iowa a lot of money, but Iowa's football program is a business. Well, the players have a role in making the Iowa program money. I don't think people would pay a lot to watch kirk ferentz standing on the sidelines staring at an empty field.

You seem to forget that ferentz is the head football coach.

Because they dont. Players reflect the coach. Apathy is the name of the game

Desmond came back because of the bomb he laid in the Rose Bowl. Several knowledgeable folks in the crowd said he exposed his weaknesses big time. That said, he probably would be on an NFL roster today if he had chosen to go. I admire his loyalty.

I am not even certain what your point is. You seem to be saying that 18-22 year olds are grown men and deserve to be criticized, but their head coach, who also is a grown ass man, shouldn't be criticized because he makes Iowa a lot of money, but Iowa's football program is a business. Well, the players have a role in making the Iowa program money. I don't think people would pay a lot to watch kirk ferentz standing on the sidelines staring at an empty field.

You seem to forget that ferentz is the head football coach.
For sure he should be criticized just not by a player on a team. King is a part of the team that is an embarrassment he is a part of the problem and shouldn't be running his mouth. Nothing good can come from it no matter how true it is.

Listen. I'm the last one to defend KF but King should concern himself with cleaning up his own house and not throw stones at others. There's a reason why he wasn't kept as a team captain. I'll leave it at that.
King played great today, and has played well all season.

Latest posts