Desmond King: Iowa "outcoached"

Lately, very few do not out coach us on gameday. I am the closest to the ledge as I have ever been. It's an absurdly awful feeling.

Yeah, I had pretty high expectations for this season to. Mostly because I thought our defense would be really good and I thought KF could put together an OL. I was wrong. Now, I'm to the point where I mainly just want to beat Nebraska, which I think is possible. I really feel like we need new blood at least at coordinators. I hate the KF contract. 7-5 should not be rewarded in any way.

King telling me something I've know for 17 years... However I'm just some knucklehead who can spout on a forum...

King shouldn't be saying out loud what most people know to be true.

That's not how humans are allowed to behave.
Its not politically correct.

I said it last year and I'll say it again....King shouldn't have come back. Very little to gain nationally this year after all eyes were on him and the Hawks after 12-0/8 INTs. He may end up without a single one this year. There was only one way for it to go this year, and it's heading that way quickly.

Uh, yeah...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Iowa being outcoached is a given. Phil and Greg would be kaput at any other reputable institution. Those guys absolutely suck at their jobs. Almost hilariously so, except for the part where the joke's on us.

I have a feeling that this is the match that's going to get this program on fire for the rest of the year. I'm sure that KF will want to bench King for it. I don't think he has the pull to do so.
Sure...King pointing out the obvious is going to change Greg Davis into a great play caller, make the linebackers into athletes, and turn the O line from the beat unit they are into the Maginot Line! No, unfortunately, the only fire here is the continuing dumpster fire this program has inexplicably become in 2016.

I said it last year and I'll say it again....King shouldn't have come back. Very little to gain nationally this year after all eyes were on him and the Hawks after 12-0/8 INTs. He may end up without a single one this year. There was only one way for it to go this year, and it's heading that way quickly.

As of now I do not think King's stock has dropped. Scouts know King isn't the reason the D sucks. King has to avoid the big injury if he does that there is a big paycheck waiting for him next spring. That being said, those Michigan corners, holy smokes, especially the one that just came off injuries may take away King's 'best corner in the B1G' crown.

Desmond came back because of the bomb he laid in the Rose Bowl. Several knowledgeable folks in the crowd said he exposed his weaknesses big time. That said, he probably would be on an NFL roster today if he had chosen to go. I admire his loyalty.

Desmond would have been drafted and would have signed a contract for millions of dollars. One bad game doesn't prevent a kid from being drafted. The whole team played badly.

I disagree with the assumption that King made a bad decision to come backed based on Iowa's performance.

Last year put him on scouts radars, but he was probably a 2nd/3rd rounder at best. I've seen many mocks with him as a top 15 pick this year. Now those things aren't always accurate but it gives you the idea that he is on the radar at this point. Also, the NFL scouts look at a lot more than W/L records and interceptions boys. If he keeps playing well and gets drafted in the 1st round I think he made the right decision.

As far as Iowa, a DB and returner can only do so much.

Performance wise, he has done nothing to drop his draft stock. He won't win any awards this year but scouts understand what is happening on the field.

Last edited:
DJK. Adam Robinson. Brandon Wehger. Derek Willes. Tevaun Smith. Benny Sapp. Emmanuel Ogwo. All talented atheletes. All kicked off or underutilized. Many because of their "lip" or attitude. That's the last 8 years. You could argue Brad Banks ahould have started an additional year.

Other than Dallas Clark, and Shaun Greene, Iowa hasn't had any skilled position players make the NFL and play. Name your 400.

DJK--arrested for running a drug house
Adam Robinson--kicked off team, multiple arrests
Brandon Wegher--left on his own, bounced through several programs
Derek Willies--said he was leaving to be near father
Tevaun Smith--stayed through senior year, now in NFL
Benny Sapp--kicked off...for smacking up on his "bee-otch"
Emmanuel Ogwo--quit football to concentrate on track...as redshirt freshman

Dude, you were REALLY reaching with those names...

DJK. Adam Robinson. Brandon Wehger. Derek Willes. Tevaun Smith. Benny Sapp. Emmanuel Ogwo. All talented atheletes. All kicked off or underutilized. Many because of their "lip" or attitude. That's the last 8 years. You could argue Brad Banks ahould have started an additional year.

Other than Dallas Clark, and Shaun Greene, Iowa hasn't had any skilled position players make the NFL and play. Name your 400.

DJK and ARob both got in trouble with drugs. You could even argue that before getting in trouble for drugs DJK still got a lot from the Iowa football team/staff EVEN with the "personality clash". Brandon W had so many other issues. And did he not get a ton of playing time as a freshman and sophomore? In fact he set the rushing TD record for a freshman. DWillies... that's a debatable one. Dude transferred during his 1st year of playing (redshirt the first year) because he wasn't getting enough playing time!?!?! Come on man!! T.Smith had a pretty darn good career at Iowa. Not sure how you want to drag him into this. I don't recall any news of any clash with him and the coach(s). Do you have inside info you'd like to share with the group? Sapp? Bahahaha! Ogwo? Didn't he switch to run track? Any inside info you want to share with the group?

DJK--arrested for running a drug house
Adam Robinson--kicked off team, multiple arrests
Brandon Wegher--left on his own, bounced through several programs
Derek Willies--said he was leaving to be near father
Tevaun Smith--stayed through senior year, now in NFL
Benny Sapp--kicked off...for smacking up on his "bee-otch"
Emmanuel Ogwo--quit football to concentrate on track...as redshirt freshman

Dude, you were REALLY reaching with those names...

DJK pled guilty to misdemeanor posession of marajuana. Same for Robinson. The President smoked mary jane in college. Was never convicted of anything near running a crack house, and he would have been if they could.

DJK pled guilty to misdemeanor posession of marajuana. Same for Robinson. The President smoked mary jane in college. Was never convicted of anything near running a crack house, and he would have been if they could.

He's just lucky they didn't shoot him. Black lives matter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Outcoached.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/ew2xKEB4Es">https://t.co/ew2xKEB4Es</a></p>&mdash; Chad Leistikow (@ChadLeistikow) <a href="">October 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

getting gashed on the ground and giving up lots of yards is one thing, its quite another thing to note that this team does not show any sign of improvement after 5 games.

Think about that for a minute.

The film is showing the same stuff week after week, and the players go out and let it happen week after week.

wrong. We all appreciate good information as long as you can prove it and its not just someone spewing bs
And how would you suggest one provides proof when one sees something first hand? I come here and give first hand accounts of situations and you guys just dismiss it as BS because you don't want to believe it. You attack people that share information. So, sit in the dark and wonder.

Well, whether he meant it or not, if anyone on the team is allowed to say that it would be him. He's the only one playing well and will be a first round NFL pick.

Listen. I'm the last one to defend KF but King should concern himself with cleaning up his own house and not throw stones at others. There's a reason why he wasn't kept as a team captain. I'll leave it at that.

Exactly f-ing right. False starts, holding and face masks and unsportsmanlike penalties. He needs to take it to his boys on defense and light them up. be a damn leader. They need one.

Latest posts