Depth chart for week 1

I was surprised to see him leap the depth chart. One thing is that he shows quickness and decisiveness when he attacks the hole. I think ladell likes that in a RB.

Moulton at RB1 until he fumbles and is sent to the Case IH DJK Doghouse

We have seen certain guys get a little more leash following fumbles, e.g. ISM and Leshaun Williams both overcame some ugly fumbles and get right back in there. I do love the idea of getting corporate sponsorship for the doghouse. While we are at it, I think we should have the long-snapper and holder positions endowed by a corporate sponsor. We could have our Moon Family Head Football Coach Kirk Ferentz, and our Slim Jim Meat Stick Long Snapper Luke Elkin.

Maybe our WR positions could be sponsored by Better Help online therapy?

Did Moulten earn the starting spot or did the other guys have injuries or get in trouble? If he earned it that's a really good sign.

We have seen certain guys get a little more leash following fumbles, e.g. ISM and Leshaun Williams both overcame some ugly fumbles and get right back in there. I do love the idea of getting corporate sponsorship for the doghouse. While we are at it, I think we should have the long-snapper and holder positions endowed by a corporate sponsor. We could have our Moon Family Head Football Coach Kirk Ferentz, and our Slim Jim Meat Stick Long Snapper Luke Elkin.

Maybe our WR positions could be sponsored by Better Help online therapy?
Hill fumbled three times a game last year and the Ferentzes keep sending him out there.

Did Moulten earn the starting spot or did the other guys have injuries or get in trouble? If he earned it that's a really good sign.
KF was on record last week that the RB room was healthy for the most part. I honestly think this is a situation where KF is letting Lester make these decisions, and Lester does not have an investment in playing kids that played for him last season. He is putting the best player out there to be successful in his offense. At least I hope that is what is going on.

I was impressed with Moulton last year. I like all of the RBs but good to see he has impressed. We will likely see a lot of all 4 RBs Saturday.

If I were to guess, I would surmise that Moulton has shown more ability as a receiver out of the backfield. It sounds like Lester is planning on implementing that much more with his offense, and I'm sure he emphasizes it when putting together the two-deeps.

KF was on record last week that the RB room was healthy for the most part. I honestly think this is a situation where KF is letting Lester make these decisions, and Lester does not have an investment in playing kids that played for him last season. He is putting the best player out there to be successful in his offense. At least I hope that is what is going on.
I cant remember which game it was late year where he got late game carries. I was really impressed with how quick he shifted direction. Didn't know a thing else about him until I saw his name in this thread. Got me pretty excited.

I know Leshon Williams was still hurt earlier this summer, but I don't know if is he back to 100% or not.

As for Kaleb Johnson, it is still a mystery why he seems to have dropped off since his freshman year.

In the end I guess it does not matter who starts. All 3 RB'S will play if they are healthy.

Perhaps Lester will consider some 2-RB sets to maximize our use of this talent?
Oh I think yes, absolutely. I look for Moulton to get the most carries -- i.e. run up the middle and off tackle, because he can apparently read the creases and get positive yards. I look for Kaleb to be the guy catching swing passes out of the backfield -- can you imagine a LB trying to keep up with his speed? I mean, he leaves CBs in the dust!

Moulton at RB1 until he fumbles and is sent to the Case IH DJK Doghouse
Going with quick and fast over size and strength. That has to be Lesters finger prints all over that decision. He wants to use speed to get out on the edges more and not play in a phone booth all the time like BF did. BF wanted to try plowing ahead for 2.5 yards a pop and punt on 4th and 2 and call that good. I don't think Lester has those same aspirations for his O.

Latest posts