Davis likes what he sees in JVB

After everyone gets done urinating on each other, can someone please explain the second part of Davis' quote? I'm assuming that refers to the number of audibles JVB called and improvising he had to do when plays broke down, but I don't know that for certain or whether JVB was good at any of it.

I don't think he meant audibles. I think he meant during the play itself when it breaks down, and I think he was specifically talking about making plays with his feet....Here are the quotes:

You like a guy that was athletic enough to do things off schedule, because so many times, the play doesn't happen exactly like it does in the meeting room.

The other thing I was very excited about is the number of plays he made off‑schedule. I didn't realize that he ran the ball or was able to give you ‑‑ defensive coaches will all tell you: When a quarterback ‑‑ when you can cover everybody, and the quarterback runs and make a first down, that's heartbreaking for a defense.

I don't think he meant audibles. I think he meant during the play itself when it breaks down, and I think he was specifically talking about making plays with his feet....Here are the quotes:

You like a guy that was athletic enough to do things off schedule, because so many times, the play doesn't happen exactly like it does in the meeting room.

The other thing I was very excited about is the number of plays he made off‑schedule. I didn't realize that he ran the ball or was able to give you ‑‑ defensive coaches will all tell you: When a quarterback ‑‑ when you can cover everybody, and the quarterback runs and make a first down, that's heartbreaking for a defense.

Thanks. Had missed the earlier quote. That puts the next one in context.

I dont care if he can throw it to the other hash or not. Having a strong arm is about 10% of what makes a quarterback. He needs to be successful on the road against a team with a pulse and not look and play scared to death.

Latest posts