Damn expensive roses. Holy smokes.

Smart adults find a way to enjoy the things they like, petulant children expect adults to give them things

My co-worker is going. Tickets thru the Iowa ticket office system are $185-$200. The parade ticket is $100. Add into that your flight & hotel, food and it's just way to much for most, especially families. My co-worker and their group are flying into Vegas & driving the 4 hrs from Vegas to Pasadena. They at least got a decent $$ ticket to Vegas.

We were thinking of doing this too. Any excuse to go to Vegas is alright with me.

This is know different than some not renewing season tickets because they couldn't justify the cost,perfectly understand.For those that did and those that can afford to go to the Rose Bowl great.I always said that I would go if by chance we ever went,so we're going.For those that can't go that's ok root us on from here.Once in a life time experience for me,so let's get behind the team and win this one.

Made the trip to Indy, had the time of my life. Hats off to all the Hawk fans that are travelling out west. Demand is going to be at an all time high. Hawkeye Nation will represent just like in Indy. Go Hawks!!

Good time to hit the wifey up for a $4,500 Ultra HD 4K TV.

"We can either make the trip to Pasedena or get the TV for the same $$ that we can use for years."

I get it. Supply and demand. But this is sad. I skipped the Indy trip to potentially go to this game instead, and within an hour of hearing we were selected, it was clear I can't afford it anyway. For 2 people it would be a $3000 4 day trip to see a football game. I really wish I could afford this, but I cannot. I guess I'll be watching from home.

And I'm not saying that about HN's prices. Just flights and lodging and tickets in general everywhere are outrageous.

Same. Exactly the same for me. So bummed

"We can either make the trip to Pasedena or get the TV for the same $$ that we can use for years."

Between Dad and the 8 yr old, who will cry more when you don't get the TV?

If you're paying that much then you're getting the shaft or you should of bought it on Black Friday on line,just saying.

Well, we had our hopes on the roses for a few weeks, so we hedged our bets, and made refundable flight and accommodation reservations; even bought the tickets before it was official. Pricey of course, but still within reason. So glad we had a plan of action. Good luck all!

Like many of you, I always said if they get there, I'm going. But just isn't in the budget this time. Believe me, I'm young enough to last 25 years if it takes that long, I'm saving for the next time already. I'll have the whole family there.
For those of you who are going, represent well and post TONS of pics here on HN. We'll be living vicariously through you while we support back home. For those of you who can't go, quit hating on those that can and be thankful that the stands will be a dominant black and gold. Save your $ for the next one and have one hell of a party at home!
So glad these kids get this bowl, they deserve it and more, go Hawks!

Several ways to make accommodations and transport more reasonable, if you're going a la carte. Flying into San Diego might help but love the Vegas idea.

Once there, you don't HAVE to stay in Downtown LA (Pasadena is obviously sold out). Try somewhere on one of the light rail lines, which run through the night on New Years Eve/New Years Day. The Gold Line takes you to Pasadena and the parade, and you can walk or shuttle to the game from there. Del Mar station if you're in south side of Colo Ave grandstands, Memorial Park if north side (or going straight to game).

The LINE hotel in Koreatown has rooms for $220 right now. Right on the Purple line, take it to Union Station and transfer to the Gold on gameday. Or the Avenue hotel at $136 on the Red line. Hotel parking fees can kill in LA, so consider Uber/taxi/transit as an alternative to renting, depending on your sightseeing desires (if you're going to Disneyland, best to rent a car).

The Rose Parade and Rose Bowl on January 1 is just not a place you drive up to and park. It's a freaking nightmare. If you absolutely have to drive, plan your route and lot in advance and allow several hours (note the parade starts at 8am local time and grandstand seats want you there at 7). Much better to use transit - Uber to a station if you have to.

There are some cheap hotels online. I used to live there so post or PM if you're not sure about a neighborhood. Avoid the Travel Plaza Inn in Compton - sorry Expedia.

https://www.metro.net/riding/maps/timetables-preview/

Did the mix and match route as well. Des Moines to Vegas, rent a car and staying in San Diego at a family members house then making the trek up to Pasadena. Said screw it and got tickets semi-decent rate. All I know is i'm there and i'll be cheering the Hawks on!!

That place holds liek 100K.

Wait it and get tix later. They'll be available

Yeah, but you still have to get there. Round trip air tickets are running ... well, let me put it this way. For me, a four day trip (air fare, hotel, car, tickets) it will cost about the same as four 1-week trips to Cozumel. And there WILL be a lot of walking at the Rose Bowl, and with me six months out of a foot amputation there's no way I can go. Yes, I'd love to go but it just ain't happening.

Latest posts