Dallas Clark Flashback

SomersHawk

TJ lumbering down the sideline for a long TD looked very much like DC back in the day. He could be his clone the way he plays. Someone best get that boy some shades, he's got a bright future!

Fun times, enjoy em!

I was thinking the same thing. But why don't we make Fant/Clark comparisons?
In fairness, Fant doesn't really "lumber" when he runs. Comparisons in production? Absolutely. It's an embarrassment of riches at the TE position, for us to have. Most Iowa fans would be thrilled to have 1 TE to honestly compare to Dallas Clark. In any season.

Sounds like the typical racial categorizing. The white guy is a hard-working, lumbering, grinder...so compare him to other white guys. The black guy is athletic and explosive...so compare him to other black guys.

The ads on HN are awesome!

10-14-2018-12-34-47-PM.jpg

Then why not compare Fant to Clark?

Because there is no comparing Fant to anyone, really. He has a skill set like we've never really seen at Iowa. He really does "look" like a WR. He is pretty much utilized as a WR except for the fact he some times lines up "tight". He isn't really an "H-Back", because never really gets shifted into the backfield, per se.

And yet...teams simply can't cover him no matter who has the task of doing so. And yet...one would think teams would have SOMEone that could easily cover him...but he pretty much ALWAYS has a big play in any one game.

Fant has the better speed of the two. Who has gotten behind the defense time and again? It's Fant, because of his speed. TJ is more of a big-bodied possession tight end, and a very skilled one at that. And a better blocker. But it is not racial "categorizing" to say that they are different types of tight ends.

TJ lumbering down the sideline for a long TD looked very much like DC back in the day. He could be his clone the way he plays. Someone best get that boy some shades, he's got a bright future!

Fun times, enjoy em!

I been thinking the same thing about TJH. Very much reminds me of Clark's speed.

Because there is no comparing Fant to anyone, really. He has a skill set like we've never really seen at Iowa. He really does "look" like a WR. He is pretty much utilized as a WR except for the fact he some times lines up "tight". He isn't really an "H-Back", because never really gets shifted into the backfield, per se.

And yet...teams simply can't cover him no matter who has the task of doing so. And yet...one would think teams would have SOMEone that could easily cover him...but he pretty much ALWAYS has a big play in any one game.
I can't think of someone that compares to Fant. Not anyone that'd previously been a Hawk. 6'4 245ish that runs like that? Dallas Clark was 6'3 235ish I think when he was a Hawk and the closest to being able to run like that but even he doesn't matchup athletically to what Fant can do. He's not the greatest blocker he's more of a big WR that can block defensive backs but against LBs and DEs he struggles.

To me the best thing about having Fant is the same thing about having TJH. And that is we have them both... To have them both only makes each of them and the offense so much better. Last game is the perfect example to it. Hell if it wasn't for the sun TJ would have had one more TD. I think we are just beginning to kinda see what they can do. If BF stays aggressive and creative with them an Stanley stays sharp....

I been thinking the same thing about TJH. Very much reminds me of Clark's speed.
The player TJH reminded me of out of the gate was Brandon Myers. They even have this in common that they were both under recruited Iowa boys that played in the shadow of a higher ranked teammate. In Myers case it was Moeaki who was often hurt and nicked up. But Myers often played really well and he went on to have more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. He had a heck of a lot more than that actually compared to what Moeaki had for sure. If they both stay healthy they'll both be cashing NFL paychecks for quite awhile and big ones..

At the end of the year awards ceremony deal they have will both of them be there as Mackey award finalists? I sure as hell think they should if the season ended today and quite frankly it's a coin flip who I'd give it to...

The player TJH reminded me of out of the gate was Brandon Myers. They even have this in common that they were both under recruited Iowa boys that played in the shadow of a higher ranked teammate. In Myers case it was Moeaki who was often hurt and nicked up. But Myers often played really well and he went on to have more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. He had a heck of a lot more than that actually compared to what Moeaki had for sure. If they both stay healthy they'll both be cashing NFL paychecks for quite awhile and big ones..

Dallas Clark was a walk-on. I just think he runs around the field like Clark did.

Latest posts