Dailey transferring ...

snarky Rob is the best Rob.
Yea it kind of reminds me of the time I said there must be more to the Daviyon Nixon story and why he wasn’t traveling to the outback bowl.

Snarky Rob replied “there was a second shooter on the grassy Knoll” which got some good laughs and effectively ended the discussion.

Turns out there was much more to the story, some of which we probably won’t ever know, but we did find out he hadn’t been with the team for some time and it wasn’t a positive he ever would return. I thought about putting Rob on blast for that when more stuff came out but thought better of it ...Good times.

Rob has the tendency to get defensive at times, he does on his twitter as well. I get it though he’s actually posting with his real name and this is his site, while most of the rest of us are sitting behind anonymous screen names. I enjoy the information and discussion from
this site and think Rob does a good job, he just isn’t a fan of some of my ramblings which is understandable.

Good decision by him. To Hawkeye fans, he'll always be linked to Dolphin, which is unfortunate for both. He wasn't much of a contributor (as a player, not as a teammate from all I've read), but he didn't deserve to be singled out by Dolphin, and I'm sure Dolphin regrets what he said about Dailey infinitesimally more than what he said in reference to Fernando's rebounding prowess.

Are we all sleeping on Fredricks? Could this kid be better than what we think?
I have absolutely nothing to base that assumption on, he looked a little slow in his high school highlights but haven't seen anything since then.

Good decision by him. To Hawkeye fans, he'll always be linked to Dolphin, which is unfortunate for both. He wasn't much of a contributor (as a player, not as a teammate from all I've read), but he didn't deserve to be singled out by Dolphin, and I'm sure Dolphin regrets what he said about Dailey infinitesimally more than what he said in reference to Fernando's rebounding prowess.
I think Gary doesn't regret anything he said about Fran's recruiting failures but totally regrets his comments about Dailey. He was being snarky.

Not a shocker. There's a possibilty that Fran gently pushed him out the door, but that's big boy basketball. When it comes to this roster I am one of those individuals hoping that it "works itself out". I saw Fran in the '17-18 season struggle with a roster that was 10 deep. I don't trust Fran with a roster full of dudes expecting minutes.

The twisted thing about this is we have fans who never want 13 scholarship players because, as they admit, they don't trust the coach to manage the talent on his roster. Yet, will these same people be brave enough to admit what they really want isn't fewer talented players but a different coach. Because the solution to Iowa's ambition isn't to NOT have a deep bench. All rational fans in basketball and football want to have an embarrassment of riches. I want a deep bench, and then it is up to Fran or Kirk to get the most out of them. If a coach (any coach) can't do that. Then he should be replaced. I for one think Fran will be better with more talent. But does being better mean "good enough"? Depends on your expectation of Hawkeye basketball. I think we can be a program which makes the sweet 16 every 4.3 years, which is the Mr. Davis standard. Fran hasn't really shown that he can hit that goal.

I thought Maishe actually improved as the season wore on. He played within the flow of the game, gave effort on defense. Seemed to me he played with more confidence and didn't make a ton of turnovers or mistakes. He definitely epitomized what a role player is. Good luck to Maishe going forward, wish him much success. I for one, wished for him to stay, but I get it.

I thought Maishe actually improved as the season wore on. He played within the flow of the game, gave effort on defense. Seemed to me he played with more confidence and didn't make a ton of turnovers or mistakes. He definitely epitomized what a role player is. Good luck to Maishe going forward, wish him much success. I for one, wished for him to stay, but I get it.

I agree. Fran trusted him to be in the rotation and also used him toward the end of games for his defense, rebounding, ball handling.

I would think Dolph still has a tinge of regret over singling Dailey out.

BTW, I heard some radio guy call Gronk the "King Kong of tight ends" and thought to myself how lucky it was for him that Gronk is white.

I think he probably does regret his Dailey comment. It was a mistake, and not a great one. We all learn from dumb comments. He just happens to be broadcasting them on TV.

I think he probably does regret his Dailey comment. It was a mistake, and not a great one. We all learn from dumb comments. He just happens to be broadcasting them on TV.
Probably? Wow. An enormous understatement. He has to regret it significantly. Gary is not a bad person. He cares about the kids. He’d never say anything in the air to disparage a kid. This was a pure accident thinking the mic was off. Obviously. Once he discovered it wasn’t, I guarantee you, he had huge regret and remorse towards Dailey. To not would be inhuman. Any criticism of fran or kirk...that’s a different story entirely.

Good move for him, hope it goes well. Won't be the last, I would guess. Normal shuffle of college sports today.

Exactly. Ten years ago we would have said Coach Fill-In-the-Blank ran him off. Now it's expected that guys are leaving across all sports.

Probably? Wow. An enormous understatement. He has to regret it significantly. Gary is not a bad person. He cares about the kids. He’d never say anything in the air to disparage a kid. This was a pure accident thinking the mic was off. Obviously. Once he discovered it wasn’t, I guarantee you, he had huge regret and remorse towards Dailey. To not would be inhuman. Any criticism of fran or kirk...that’s a different story entirely.

I can't read minds, can you? I would hope that he regrets all of his stupid on air comments. Hopefully he learned something. I'm sure he's a good guy. I certainly never said he's a bad person. Who did? Saying dumb things and being a bad person aren't the same.

Having said that, Dailey has not deserved some of the stupid things Iowa fans and TV personalities have said about him. Best wishes to him. Seems like a great guy.

Exactly. Ten years ago we would have said Coach Fill-In-the-Blank ran him off. Now it's expected that guys are leaving across all sports.
And quite often, coaches. Very fluid, transitory, now a business for coaches and players. Given the money, understandable. You have to do what you have to do.

If Maishe went to Drake he would have a shot at making the NCAA tournament next year. They weren't to far from it this year.

Maishe to Drake would be a great story. I'd pull for him
If Maishe went to Drake he would have a shot at making the NCAA tournament next year. They weren't to far from it this year.
Unless I'm missing something, Dailey would have to sit out a year if he transfers to another Div.1. Unlike Ellenson, he hasn't used a redshirt. He is academically still a junior.

Moss, if chose to do so, could grad transfer and be immediately eligible. But I can't see him doing it. Cordell might do so one year from now if he gets lost in the shuffle next year and Fran brings in a huge haul for 2020.

Latest posts