Cyclonefanatic/Fans

Why does a post pop up on here every week about how terrible cyclonefanatic is? Take your own advice and stay away. Kool Aid drinkers in both camps, IMO.

Prediction: Hawks by 7, but Arnaud has a chance to win the game and chokes. Both teams look pretty even on the field, with Iowa's DL coming up with some big plays near the end of the game.

Why does a post pop up on here every week about how terrible cyclonefanatic is? Take your own advice and stay away. Kool Aid drinkers in both camps, IMO.

Prediction: Hawks by 7, but Arnaud has a chance to win the game and chokes. Both teams look pretty even on the field, with Iowa's DL coming up with some big plays near the end of the game.

The reason why CF sucks, like others have stated, is if anyone from HN tries to post anything over there the admins are quick to lower the ban hammer.

I don't see the teams being even on the field but the game will be closer than many think. In my opinion Iowa 24-6.

The reason why CF sucks, like others have stated, is if anyone from HN tries to post anything over there the admins are quick to lower the ban hammer.

I don't see the teams being even on the field but the game will be closer than many think. In my opinion Iowa 24-6.

There have been many even looking games that were supposed to heavily favor the hawkeyes on paper. The EIU game did not dissuade me from this line of thought, but I think the difference will be that the ISU LBs will have trouble bringing down the Iowa version of ARob. He looked far bigger this year than he did in 2009.

Last edited:
There have been many even looking games that were supposed to heavily favor the hawkeyes on paper. The EIU game did not disuade me from this line of thought, but I think the difference will be that the ISU LBs will have trouble bringing down the Iowa version of ARob. He looked far bigger this year than he did in 2009.

Granted...but if you look back on Iowa teams that have had success they have all been very strong along the defensive front. When Iowa can get pressure/contain the run with only the front four they are very tough to beat.

Iowa's A-Rob looks WAY quicker than last year and with Jewel should be dynamic. ISU's A-Rob is by far my favorite clone...runs hard. I would mind seeing him in black and gold, but I would still take the Iowa duo.

Granted...but if you look back on Iowa teams that have had success they have all been very strong along the defensive front. When Iowa can get pressure/contain the run with only the front four they are very tough to beat.

Iowa's A-Rob looks WAY quicker than last year and with Jewel should be dynamic. ISU's A-Rob is by far my favorite clone...runs hard. I would mind seeing him in black and gold, but I would still take the Iowa duo.

Call me a Clone fan, but I think ISUs ARob is currently better than any one of the Iowa duo. He is not as quick as Iowas ARob, but he is a better break away threat(good long speed), and can catch out of the backfield, which is great in the ISU offense.

With the backs playing in different systems, it is hard to tell how successful either would be in the other offense. I think one of ISUs bench backs would be great at Iowa(Bo Williams). A 6-2, 225 lb back with great speed and size. He can't block and doesn't know his schemes, but if you just ask him to run downhill, you have one hell of a back.

Last edited:
Call me a Clone fan, but I think ISUs ARob is currently better than any one of the Iowa duo. He is not as quick as Iowas ARob, but he is a better break away threat(good long speed), and can catch out of the backfield, which is great in the ISU offense. Also, having not seen Hampton play in over a year, I reserve judement on him.

With the backs playing in different systems, it is hard to tell how successful either would be in the other offense. I think one of ISUs bench backs would be great at Iowa(Bo Williams). A 6-2, 225 lb back with great speed and size. He can't block and doesn't know his schemes, but if you just ask him to run downhill, you have one hell of a back.

This seems like a contradiction. You say Alex Robinson is better than Adam Robinson and Jewell Hampton yet you say you haven't seen Jewell in two years so you're going to reserve judgment. Have some balls man. Make a stand or not. Just don't come out and try to make a point and then tell me in the same paragraph something opposite. It makes whatever point you are trying to make invalid.

Call me a Clone fan, but I think ISUs ARob is currently better than any one of the Iowa duo. He is not as quick as Iowas ARob, but he is a better break away threat(good long speed), and can catch out of the backfield, which is great in the ISU offense. Also, having not seen Hampton play in over a year, I reserve judement on him.

He wouldn't see the field at Iowa if that's the case.

This seems like a contradiction. You say Alex Robinson is better than Adam Robinson and Jewell Hampton yet you say you haven't seen Jewell in two years so you're going to reserve judgment. Have some balls man. Make a stand or not. Just don't come out and try to make a point and then tell me in the same paragraph something opposite. It makes whatever point you are trying to make invalid.
How is that? Rather than make a statement without any knowledge, I choose not too? Just throwing out the "I'm better than you, nana nana boo boo", is done a lot here, and I choose not to partake. My point is I will take a known quantity(ISU's Alexander Robinson) over an unknown( Iowa's Jewell Hampton) any day.

He wouldn't see the field at Iowa if that's the case.
Touche. I think that Iowa has a simpler scheme for its RBs, and if Ferentz has shown anything, it is that he can teach kids to block. Bo Williams has all the physical tools to be awesome at what the Hawks do. Not to say he would be awesome, but he has the tools.

How is that? Rather than make a statement without any knowledge, I choose not too? Just throwing out the "I'm better than you, nana nana boo boo", is done a lot here, and I choose not to partake. My point is I will take a known quantity(ISU's Alexander Robinson) over an unknown( Iowa's Jewell Hampton) any day.

"but I think ISUs ARob is currently better than any one of the Iowa duo."

Maybe I misinterpreted this but last time I checked the above sentence implies you think Alex Robinson is better than both Adam Robinson and Jewell Hampton.

You must have completely missed the point of what Norwalk was trying to say, which is odd considering he bolded it for you.

You said this

Call me a Clone fan,but I think ISUs ARob is currently better than any one of the Iowa duo. Also, having not seen Hampton play in over a year, I[U] reserve judement on him[/U].

Getting this response

Unless there is some other Iowa running back in the duo you referred to, your quote above is a contradiction.

You said this

Getting this response

Unless there is some other Iowa running back in the duo you referred to, your quote above is a contradiction.

Let me point out a word known as a qualifier. The word is CURRENTLY. CURRENTLY, I think Alexander Robinson is better. IF Jewell Hampton becomes the next Shonne Green, I WOULD then think he is better than Alexander Robinson. It WOULD be like Ferentz shufflng his lineup. It happens. Note I have highlighted other qualifiers for you.

Let me point out a word known as a qualifier. The word is CURRENTLY. CURRENTLY, I think Alexander Robinson is better. IF Jewell Hampton becomes the next Shonne Green, I WOULD then think he is better than Alexander Robinson. It WOULD be like Ferentz shufflng his lineup. It happens. Note I have highlighted other qualifiers for you.

Fine. Go back up and edit the last line (or get rid of it), and we'll be cool.

Fine. Go back up and edit the last line (or get rid of it), and we'll be cool.

I didn't want to start a hissy fight. To be frank, I think both ISU and Iowa have the right backs for what they do. Adam Robinson has become that diamond in the rough every midwest program is kicking themselves about now, and Alexander Robinson has shown that he can play the RB spot at the D1 level. I just hope for a competitive contest on Saturday, which will still be a backdropped against hsitorical events that take precedence over a FB game.