Cowherd rakes KF

Cowherd is the best. Having to do a solo show has to be the most difficult. He doesn't have a counterpart to debate.

He cracks me up. I don't have to agree with him to enjoy his show.

this.

If we are going to have our heads on a swivel looking for the next person to say something unflattering about Iowa, we'll be pretty miserable...just put your head in the oven and turn on the gas.

lighthouse.gif

This comes with the territory folx. Over the long term Iowa wins on average 7 games a year. And that is the national perception. Like it or not that is how Iowa is perceived. Peopel don't remember the good years or the bad years.

It was the same in 2009 if you remember. People howeled about iowa. Until you win double digit games and bowls for years in a row, people just can't change their minds.

Last edited:
Interesting ... Colin Blowhard ragged on Iowa playing North Texas:

Alabama has played N Illinois, Bowling Green and NORTH TEXAS ....

Alabama NC opponents:

96 B Green
97 Houston
98 E Carolina
99 Houston / La Tech
2000 S Miss / UCF
2001 UTEP
2002 Middle TN / North Texas
2003 S Fla / N Illinois
2004 W Carolina / Utah State
2005 Middle TN / Utah State
2006 Hawaii / La Monroe
2007 La Monroe / W Carolina
2008 Tulane / W Kentucky / Ark State
2009 Fla Int / North Texas
2010 San Jose State / Ga State
2011 Kent State / N Texas / Ga State
2012 W Kentucky / Fla Atlantic / W Carolina
2013 Ga State / Chattanooga
2014 Fla Atlantic / W Carolina

Iowa NC opponents:

96 Arizona
98 Arizona
99 Nebraska
2000 K State
2003 Az State
2004 Az State
2006 Syracuse
2007 Syracuse
2008 Pittsburgh
2009 Arizona
2010 Arizona

These are the facts. They are really the only relevant response to him. Of course, he will just change his metric and refer to the last 5 years.

Also, he doesn't take into account the commitment to the in-state rivalry with Iowa State. Commitment to this game has a big impact on non-conference scheduling. How many teams schedule more than one Power 5 team per season for non-conference games?

First. Stop trying to throw politics in. Nobody is biting.

2nd. Ga Tech? You mean that monster team that was beat by ND.........and Pitt, the team that Iowa had the balls to schedule and beat?

3rd. Now that he is on his own, he is trying to generate hits. I think he is an idiot, but he is an idiot with an agenda.

He wasn't throwing politics in. He was comparing Cowhard to a similarly situated radio troll who peddles outrageous BS to idiots.

As much as I can't stand Cowherd I have no problem with what he says about Notre Dame. They do always schedule tough. But his Stanford logic is indefensibly stupid. I could care less what he says about Iowa because win out and we may even jump Alabama at this point. Gotta go Hannity is starting!

Never seen an Iowa/Lamar game. Weird.

You know who does play Lamar? Baylor, Texas a&m, and OkSt,

Notre Dame always schedules tough: BS. They have finally started scheduling better teams the last few years simply because they had no chance at a decent bowl game with the schedules they were using.

Cowherd: I am a professional. I don't need ratings. I have a guaranteed contract. BS. He can be fired at any time. "Professional" in his world is, who has the best ratings. Look it up.

Iowa has only 4 games a year they can schedule. Iowa State, for better or worse, is a given. Iowa has no choice. Pittsburgh: A power five team that has been a powerhouse at times, just like many of the other power 5 teams Iowa has scheduled every year. Coward ignores these facts, as he compliments himself on how he does his homework.

Look at what the other posters on this thread have contributed about the SEC and their early season/late season games: They are right and Coward ignores these factors. Home work?

Iowa should continue to schedule a couple of "cup cakes" annually. We are a developmental program and these are opportunities to bring along the kids we are developing. If Coward had a brain, he would be able to recognize this fact of life for Iowa football.

Does anyone else hear Coward's voice inflection? Sound very "whiny" to me.

As Shakespeare famously said: "The Lady doth protest too much." Lady=Coward.

Finally: Fox News, especially Hannity, is a shill for the far right crazies. Yeah, I know I am supposed to leave politics out of it, but I could not resists...my apologies. Keep your sense of humor.

Notre Dame always schedules tough: BS. They have finally started scheduling better teams the last few years simply because they had no chance at a decent bowl game with the schedules they were using

This is as inaccurate as anything Cowherd has said. Show me an easy ND schedule in the past 15 years. Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, USC, Pittsburgh every year with frequent games against the likes of Oklahoma, Nebraska, Tennesee, Alabama and Penn St. What would the avg Iowa teams record be against any ND schedule in the past 15 years?

You guys are just reacting this way because you didn't have fathers in your life and now Jeff Long and the Playoff Committee are like the father that you never had and now your father is telling you that you aren't the best football team in the country and like a kid with no father you just can't handle that.

I just watched it. So so bad. "Iowa Is the one team in the entire nation who schedules crap". The only reason that has any truth to it at all is because we play ISU every year. Alabama schedules Wisconsin and we schedule Pitt. Is there really that big of a difference?

thetrza:

maybe you need to listen to the rants of BLOWHARD and then ask your Daddy why folks on this forum are picking on one of your obvious heroes

This is as inaccurate as anything Cowherd has said. Show me an easy ND schedule in the past 15 years. Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, USC, Pittsburgh every year with frequent games against the likes of Oklahoma, Nebraska, Tennesee, Alabama and Penn St. What would the avg Iowa teams record be against any ND schedule in the past 15 years?

Nope. Take a look at how the schedules have broken out. One good team followed by a couple of mediocre/bad teams. Always scatter cupcakes throughout the schedule. They can pick and choose when and where they play given teams. Iowa and other conference affiliated teams take what they draw. It is like being able to pick your bye weeks, and like the SEC, schedule a couple of cupcakes half way or 2/3 of the way through the tough conference schedule. Look deeper, my friend.

Disagree with Cowherd on a number of things he said. However, I would think Kirk would have a degree of influence in the scheduling of the ISU game. The fact that we keep playing these clowns and not schedule up to replace them is beyond me. Again, the clowns benefit far more than we do. Get them off the schedule and play some tangible team that can get our brand out there. Ames does nothing for our brand.

You guys are just reacting this way because you didn't have fathers in your life and now Jeff Long and the Playoff Committee are like the father that you never had and now your father is telling you that you aren't the best football team in the country and like a kid with no father you just can't handle that.

Do me a favor and insert some logic in your post. You are embarrassing yourself.

Up until 4 years ago, Iowa played Michigan, Mich St., OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, and Minnesota almost every year for like 15 years(DECADES more, minus PSU), with frequent games against the likes of Nebraska, Arizona State, Mizzou, and Miami. The 25 year schedule between ND and any big ten team is a wash, as ND played so many big ten games that it was assumed that they'd join the conference.

The funny thing about his argument is that he holds some teams up as automatic powers that just aren't -- Oregon was a doormat. Bama, until the Sabin resurgence, hasn't been nationally relevant since the seventies. The SEC was owned by Florida and Tennessee for ages, it seems like, and Florida wasn't Florida till the 80's and 90's. Texas hasn't been the suoerteam other than the year they won with VY.

The entire SEC has played 3 games north of the Madon-Dixon line in like 15 years. USC hasn't scheduled a non-con tougher than ND since year they played OSU at home in like 2004.

Teams stopped doing it when they added conference championship games.

Also, I believe Mizzou backed out of a home and home for two years that left us playing UNI.

The thing is, he's right. There are fewer non-bowl power 5 matchups. Because there are more conference games, and home games make more money, and there's enough parity now that teams are afraid of a possible loss.

Every team is a poser. This year, Iowa's schedule was supposed to be bad because we didn't play the blue bloods of the east. But the west has dominated the cross division games this year. The sos will continue to adjust favorably for Iowa as the year rolls on because of the parity in the Big that wasn't supposed to be there.

I'd love to see more games against big name teams in general. But being in a tough conference and the top half of the scheduled in the country is fine with me too, because a lot of years the sledding Will be tougher - as it will be easier for others, too.

Latest posts