Could Iowa State Be The Last Straw For Mack Brown?

MelroseHawkins

I am just wondering that if Iowa State beats Texas tonight, if that would be the proverbial last straw for Mack Brown. The end is near, would that be what takes it over the hill?

Mack Brown is already gone at the end of the year regardless of the outcome of this game. Mack has done enough for Texas that they won't fire him midseason.

If Texas loses to ISU with the talent they have...it would go down as one the largest underachievements in college football the past decade. I agree with the previous poster...Mack is done at Texas. I don't see them beating Oklahoma and that would be the only thing that saves him.

Texas is in shambles right now. If they win in hostile Cyclone Stadium this evening, it will be an upset of epic proportions. Probably would be even bigger than when Iowa State beat Oklahoma State in 2011 or that one year when ISU beat Nebraska (not the recent one, but the one time back in like '91 or '92).

If there is any sort of catastrophic accident that happens to the UT coaching staff for any sport prior to game time, I like ISU's chances.

Texas is in shambles right now. If they win in hostile Cyclone Stadium this evening, it will be an upset of epic proportions. Probably would be even bigger than when Iowa State beat Oklahoma State in 2011 or that one year when ISU beat Nebraska (not the recent one, but the one time back in like '91 or '92).
After the Hawks scraped out of there with a win, I no longer doubt what an intimidating venue JTS is. If Texas doesn't come in ready to play, they run the risk of falling behind early and not catching back up,

The funny thing is... if ISU wins, they'll act as if they just beat the Vince Young Texas squad.

This x1000.

Just like the 5-7 Texas team they beat a couple years back.

Or like the bad Texas Tech team they beat recently.

Or like the TCU team they beat last year when their QB was out.

This x1000.

Just like the 5-7 Texas team they beat a couple years back.

Or like the bad Texas Tech team they beat recently.

Or like the TCU team they beat last year when their QB was out.

Who commandeered the offense on that 5-7 Texas team? I forget. From the time the cupboard got restocked at Iowa until his departure for the warmer climate of Miami, how many sub-6 win seasons did O'Keefe commandeer at Iowa?

I can't stand Texas, and yet, I am a Texas fan tonight.
Not me. If they lose and the whole staff gets fired, Ferentz will hire most of them and instead of having assistants like O'Keefe, who could get 5 star performance out of 2 stars, we will have a staff that gets 2 star performance out of 5 stars. No thanks.

So I'm a large Texas booster (as arrogant a booster club as any in the country) and my team rolls into Ames, IA and gets beat. Mack may not even have a seat on the plane back. This the same ISU team that lost to UNI AT HOME...and Iowa took the air out of the ball and simply ran on every play in the second half and ISU couldn't stop them.

Now, couple that with what transpired at BYU, and there is no way he would last the year...no way. I've never seen a Texas team get completely shredded on the ground by a mediocre team before. Oklahoma...yes...but BYU. Mack is on a short leash...and they have removed the collar and just wrapped it around his neck. He can't lose to ISU or he's done.

the tornado siren on the jack might save mack tonight....of all things. things could get interesting at half price stadium this evening.

tonight, everyone's a longhorn....

i'm torn on who to root for. i like seeing Texas be bad. if they get just about any decent coach, they're going to be great again. would be great to see Brown stick around. losing to ISU would be the nail in the coffin.

a-see-what-you-did-there-11.jpg

I can't see Mack Brown being fired mid season absent raping and pillaging by the coaching staff. Texas does not want to be seen as in mayhem, which a mid year coaching change exemplifies. In fact I would be shocked if Mack was not still there next year given the announcement that Dodds is not stepping down till next summer.

Oh I hear you Meat, I like seeing Texas struggle too. And I think the same thing with another coach being successful, as even Rhodes could win there. But I think only a win over OU will save his job at this point, so he is gone anyway.

Latest posts