Could Coker be the next Monty Ball?

Who's this McCall guy?

I don't even think he's better than DeAAs for Coker, he's top end speed doesn't concern me. It's his vision and agility I'd like to see increase.

I would question your eye for talent if that is honestly your opinion.

you do realize holes close alot faster when you play a team other then tennessee tech...so as fast as he might have looked on 8 carries means nothing against good competition. but you might as well have an inflated expectation...I mean its what we do best.

you do realize holes close alot faster when you play a team other then tennessee tech...so as fast as he might have looked on 8 carries means nothing against good competition. but you might as well have an inflated expectation...I mean its what we do best.

I saw Coker run in the same game.

Who's this McCall guy?

Oh yeah, a runningback who's meaningful snaps were against a high school team. Last time I checked his last carry was a fumble on the goaline. I'm not a McCall hater, I'm just a hater of you board posters that think he's actually better than Coker. I don't even think he's better than DeAndre Johnson or Jordan Canzerii for that matter.

As for Coker, he's top end speed doesn't concern me. It's his vision and agility I'd like to see increase.

How is people thinking McCall is better then Coker any different then you thinking he is worse then DeAndre or Jordan? I do agree with Coker's top end speed not being the problem. I wouldn't say his vision is bad but there is a couple times a game where you can see him miss the hole. His agility is definitely his biggest problem

How about coker gets 20 carries a game and mccall or his backup gets 15 carries. Then they both have fresh legs throughout the year and arent all beat up. The jvb/qb throws 25 passes and we avg 35 points a game.

Because ball security is job security. :)

he was pretty fast in the Missouri game
wonder how got he to be so slow over the summer
i find it amazing how fast this fan base turns on a player

did a little back searching seems like Coker came in with a timed 40 of 4.6
McCall came in with a timed 40 of 4.7
now i am really confused by Coker being slower than McCall

Monster's Ball was a very hot movie.....

Oops, you were referring to Monty Balll. Sorry.....

monsters_ball_ver3.jpg

:D

How is people thinking McCall is better then Coker any different then you thinking he is worse then DeAndre or Jordan? I do agree with Coker's top end speed not being the problem. I wouldn't say his vision is bad but there is a couple times a game where you can see him miss the hole. His agility is definitely his biggest problem

Im just arguing to argue that Coker is cleary the #1 back and that #2 is still up in the air. I think people's obsession with McCall is sad. DeAndre is a hard runner that is very capable of taking 5-10 snaps a game, Jordan C. is a home run threat that is probably averaging more yards per carry than McCall.

I don't think McCall is bad, I think it's too early to say he's great though. I'm just completely against this crowd that thinks McCall is awesome and should be spilting carries with Coker. No question, Coker needs a spell and a change of pace back to back him up. I just think it's very ignorant to think McCall is better than anyone on this depth chart by the limited amount of carries we saw against a high school team in the rain. McCall has some potential though.

sure is funny that now that the 40 times have been posted together, now people say something else is wrong with his game, anything to try to make McCall out to be something at this point he isn't

Im just arguing to argue that Coker is cleary the #1 back and that #2 is still up in the air. I think people's obsession with McCall is sad. DeAndre is a hard runner that is very capable of taking 5-10 snaps a game, Jordan C. is a home run threat that is probably averaging more yards per carry than McCall.

I don't think McCall is bad, I think it's too early to say he's great though. I'm just completely against this crowd that thinks McCall is awesome and should be spilting carries with Coker. No question, Coker needs a spell and a change of pace back to back him up. I just think it's very ignorant to think McCall is better than anyone on this depth chart by the limited amount of carries we saw against a high school team in the rain. McCall has some potential though.

I'm just mad because I didn't think of FUISU. Best name ever!

sure is funny that now that the 40 times have been posted together, now people say something else is wrong with his game, anything to try to make McCall out to be something at this point he isn't

I really don't think people are dissing Coker. With his power running he would be the best back in the nation if he was quick too. Pointing out that he's not very quick and it would be nice to have a change up back is definitely not a knock on him. Green was a rare combo of power and speed so there was no need for a change of pace back with him

I think that its hilarious that anyone is complaining about Marcus Coker. He was our workhorse this year, and you can't deny that. I personally think that Coker would be better if he didn't play banged up all year, and i think everyone could agree to that. On the other hand, it would make more sense for Captain Kirk to run a dual threat running back system. (similar to the John Clay Monte ball James White system) It would keep everyone healthy. It may cut down on the yards and stats that everyone is always freaking out about. But.... It could give us the one thing that we really want! A great season full of non disappointment. Which i think everyone would be alright with.

I don't agree with anyone talking bad about McCall either though. The kid looked good against Tenn. Tech. I know they are a DII school. but he had what i believe was 9 at max. carries, and had over 60 yards rushing. Its not bad however you look at it. He hits holes hard, and fast(no pun intended), he can run outside, and he has the feet to juke people out of their cleats. I'm not saying this because i am a huge McCall fan, im just pointing out the obvious. Coker will never become 2nd string to McCall. But i think if they all work together that we could have possibly one of the best rushing seasons in recent Iowa history. Plain and simple GO HAWKS!

We should just do what we do best, complain about the 2nd string QB not playing. We were way better at that. I think we are accepting mediocrity if we settle for complaining about the second string tailback.

And the fanbase is overpaid.

we need a scat back that is about 5'10-5'11 185lbs and runs a 4.4 40
Coker 6' 230 lbs 4.6 40 schuttle 4.55
McCall 5'11 210 lbs 4.7 40 schuttle 4.53

very little difference in forward speed or lateral quickness
i will now let the McCall supporters try to come up with another excuse
or try to say McCall is faster in another area

Latest posts