Cordell Pemsl Suspended Indefinitely

The biggest problem is drinking impairs decision making.
This.

The only time anyone thinks they’re ok to drive drunk is when they’re drunk.
Once, my wife and I were shitfaced so we had her mom drive us home. She was sober but nearly put us in the ditch 3 or 4 separate times. This is the same woman that once went down the wrong way on I-80. If I was sober, there's no way in hell I would have gotten in the car with her. Booze is bad.

Anybody know what the DataMaster test is?
I think the breathalyzer in the car is enough to get probable cause and arrest you, and the machine at the station is supposedly more accurate and what they actually use against you.

That would probably explain why the first one is higher if there was maybe a half hour or so to get him cuffed and stuffed and down to the slammer where they could give him an “official” one.

Sucks for Pemsl, I honestly feel for the kid and I guarantee you he’s more angry and embarrassed than any of us are. I hope this is just a blip in the road for him.

But, let’s not pretend that his presence or lack thereof is a big factor for the Hawks. Not going to affect the team really.

Sucks for Pemsl, I honestly feel for the kid and I guarantee you he’s more angry and embarrassed than any of us are. I hope this is just a blip in the road for him.

But, let’s not pretend that his presence or lack thereof is a big factor for the Hawks. Not going to affect the team really.

It's also not like he will miss a lot of time. With football you normally lose one game.

I honestly think the Iowa Basketball team needs a rebel, bad boy, enforcer type. I think this may play into Pemsl's image a bit...now he needs to delivery the bad boy enforcer attitude on the court. 3 game suspension.

The release said he has suspended indefinitely from all basketball activities.

Great timing Cordell. This close to preseason practice. Now he's probably going to miss practice and conditioning time, rush his way back, and get injured again.

Once, my wife and I were shitfaced so we had her mom drive us home. She was sober but nearly put us in the ditch 3 or 4 separate times. This is the same woman that once went down the wrong way on I-80. If I was sober, there's no way in hell I would have gotten in the car with her. Booze is bad.

FlusteredFatalBactrian-max-1mb.gif

CRACKED TAIL LIGHT! A open invitation to get pulled over by the police. You have to have your car totally road worthy. That includes all lights and reflectors in working order.

Seriously, these athletes could literally pick up the phone and call a random number in Iowa City and say "This is Codell Pemsl, I'm drunk, can you come pick me up?" and 75% of the time that person would be like "Hell yes! Lemme get my slippers on and I'll come get you!"
High level athletes and coaches tend to develop a high sense of grandiosity as early as grade school since by then they are told how amazing they are and how they can be treated different than normal schmuck athletes. Rules don't apply to them, they are so amazing. Thus, they tend to drift to idiotic behavior at times. Coaches and law enforcement that tend to "overlook" such behavior often only escalate the track of stupidity and grandiosity. Perhaps Antonio Brown would like to comment for he is a final product of our values and current system.

CRACKED TAIL LIGHT! A open invitation to get pulled over by the police. You have to have your car totally road worthy. That includes all lights and reflectors in working order.
I had one of my brake lights fixed yesterday, after nearly two years. No excuses, but I couldn't get the hatch back open, finally found someone who could. We can all relate to such stupidity in different forms.

High level athletes and coaches tend to develop a high sense of grandiosity as early as grade school since by then they are told how amazing they are and how they can be treated different than normal schmuck athletes. Rules don't apply to them, they are so amazing. Thus, they tend to drift to idiotic behavior at times. Coaches and law enforcement that tend to "overlook" such behavior often only escalate the track of stupidity and grandiosity. Perhaps Antonio Brown would like to comment for he is a final product of our values and current system.

Slow it down. He's still young.

He got drunk to the point of being capable to make this mistake. For an athlete that should be watching what is going into his body that's not good with out the owi

He probably will be playing by the time of that Vegas tournament still. 4 or 8 games Max I would guess.

But he is young. Could have been going through something. Doesn't excuse anything but even presidents have had these charges. It especially sucks tho since the break he has with injury.

He got drunk to the point of being capable to make this mistake. For an athlete that should be watching what is going into his body that's not good with out the owi

He probably will be playing by the time of that Vegas tournament still. 4 or 8 games Max I would guess.

But he is young. Could have been going through something. Doesn't excuse anything but even presidents have had these charges. It especially sucks tho since the break he has with injury.

4 or 8 games max? Does anyone ever get that for an owi?

That was you on I-80???

Hopefully he can use it as a lesson for maturity and responsibility and others, especially his teammates.

4 or 8 games max? Does anyone ever get that for an owi?

Football it's usually one game right? But been a while since it's happens to team I followed in basketball. Season is longer so 2 games is probably to be expected?