Cordell Pemsl Suspended Indefinitely

Complete and utter asshole. When the Magic hired him to coach, all of Orlando was in, "Huh?", mode. Scrappy, smart player. But, Coach?

A literal crap ton of anecdotes about him floating around, mainly from his playing days. He was, by the time he stepped down as coach, quite humbled.
There was a time when I thought he would succeed Izzo, but I think that ship has sailed.

I do think Skiles would have made a decent college head coach however, had he chose to pursue that route.

There was a time when I thought he would succeed Izzo, but I think that ship has sailed.

I do think Skiles would have made a decent college head coach however, had he chose to pursue that route.
Have you heard the story BJ Armstrong has told about his visit to MSU? Skiles was there already and was a freshman and he told BJ if you come your riding the bench. Needless to say BJ was taken aback by both how he said it and what he said. Rest is history

Have you heard the story BJ Armstrong has told about his visit to MSU? Skiles was there already and was a freshman and he told BJ if you come your riding the bench. Needless to say BJ was taken aback by both how he said it and what he said. Rest is history

A hint of racism, or just an ego out of control?

A hint of racism, or just an ego out of control?
No no racism. I've seen BJ talk about it on Rich Eiesons show. He and Skiles are totally cool. It was just his ego having direct competition for his spot. BJ wasn't sure if he was serious or not just because of how strait faced he'd said it was all.

When he had his mojo going Skiles as a college player was probably the closest thing to Pete Maravich that his generation provided.. He had unbelievable court vision and limitless shooting range. He was a better passer than Jayson Williams and a better shooter than Chris Kingsbury.

When he had his mojo going Skiles as a college player was probably the closest thing to Pete Maravich that his generation provided.. He had unbelievable court vision and limitless shooting range. He was a better passer than Jayson Williams and a better shooter than Chris Kingsbury.
He was a heck of a pg too and BJ very well may have had to play the 2 or ride the pine for longer then he would have liked. He played a lot as a freshman at Iowa and started 3 yrs after that so needless to say he made the right call.

He was a heck of a pg too and BJ very well may have had to play the 2 or ride the pine for longer then he would have liked. He played a lot as a freshman at Iowa and started 3 yrs after that so needless to say he made the right call.
BJ, on the offensive end, would have been more than an effective college 2-guard (not on the defensive end-he would have got abused). In facr, if Brian Garner had his head screwed on right they would have made for a lethal backcourt.

Mr. Davis, in BJ and Roy Marble's senior year, stubbornly played Roy exclusively in the backcourt. That meant when Brian Garner came into the game BJ would slide all the way to the three in order to keep Marble at the two. At first it was effective because Ray Thompson locked down the three. But when Thompson was declared ineligible on the eve of the tournament Garner ended up playing extended minutes in the double OT game against NC State. This left Armstrong trying to play the three and attempt to guard Rodney Monroe. It's a big reason why Monroe couldn't be stopped down the stretch, and why an unbelievably talented team couldn't advance to the second weekend of the tournament.