Cordell Pemsl Suspended Indefinitely

I can hear the chants at Hilton right now

Pemsl at the free throw line
"Al-co-hol-ic" clap-clap, clap-clap-clap.

Connor or Pat at the line
"Who's your dad-dy" clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

Garza at the line
"Her-man Muns-ter" clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

Kriener at the line
"Ok-o-bo-ji " clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

Touisssant at the line
"Ty-reke Lo-cure" clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

Ugh. He’s one of my favs. Was counting on him coming back strong. Bad decision by a young college kid. Happens ten thousand times every night across America. I fell he is smart and has integrity and will take the punishment and learn and grow from this

Once, my wife and I were shitfaced so we had her mom drive us home. She was sober but nearly put us in the ditch 3 or 4 separate times. This is the same woman that once went down the wrong way on I-80. If I was sober, there's no way in hell I would have gotten in the car with her. Booze is bad.

LMAO!!!! So which is more dangerous, driving drunk or getting married?

Is it true he was seen leaving this bar?

hqdefault.jpg

I can hear the chants at Hilton right now

Pemsl at the free throw line
"Al-co-hol-ic" clap-clap, clap-clap-clap.

Connor or Pat at the line
"Who's your dad-dy" clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

Garza at the line
"Her-man Muns-ter" clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

Kriener at the line
"Ok-o-bo-ji " clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

Touisssant at the line
"Ty-reke Lo-cure" clap-clap, clap-clap-clap

You put some thought to that...

I honestly think the Iowa Basketball team needs a rebel, bad boy, enforcer type. I think this may play into Pemsl's image a bit...now he needs to delivery the bad boy enforcer attitude on the court. 3 game suspension.

This made me chuckle... I do think Pemsl fits the "enforcer" role but I'm not buying the getting arrested as a good move to improve that bad boy impage.

This made me chuckle... I do think Pemsl fits the "enforcer" role but I'm not buying the getting arrested as a good move to improve that bad boy impage.
Yes. You need to have a Scott Skiles personality, both on and off the court, to have off court issues enhance your bad boy image. And Skiles certainly brought the off court baggage with his alcohol and drug possession charges. Also, Pemsl seems like a pretty nice guy off the court. Skiles, by all accounts, was as big an asshole off the court as he was on it with his Cobra Kai like personality.

So its been 2 weeks, was it announced? Did I miss it?

Yes. You need to have a Scott Skiles personality, both on and off the court, to have off court issues enhance your bad boy image. And Skiles certainly brought the off court baggage with his alcohol and drug possession charges. Also, Pemsl seems like a pretty nice guy off the court. Skiles, by all accounts, was as big an asshole off the court as he was on it with his Cobra Kai like personality.

Complete and utter asshole. When the Magic hired him to coach, all of Orlando was in, "Huh?", mode. Scrappy, smart player. But, Coach?

A literal crap ton of anecdotes about him floating around, mainly from his playing days. He was, by the time he stepped down as coach, quite humbled.

Noted at the FM presser and discussion on players was lack of any on Pemsl and his role.
Cordell appears to be not in good standing with FM.
Fran said he had to get some issues in order in addition to the legal aspect which Fran said was pretty much taken care of.

"Issues in order" is never a good thing to have attached to your name on the eve of full-time preseason practice.

Fran said he might be practicing next week which is at least encouraging, because with Cordell's injury history you always worry about him rushing back and getting hurt again.